• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

You guys all celebrate your dogs birthday? I do. 7 years ago, on Easter Sunday my girl Brandy was born. No, it wasn't the 4th back then, but being as Easter is such a special day anyway, we celebrate her birthday on that day every year. When she came to life she practically brought me back to life... saved my life anyways... (she's my TBI/PTSD service dog.. IED in Iraq 2005) Here she is this morning in the back 40 when we were out walking in the back 40. That's "Princess Rock" she's on. The resting place of her predecessor.

By the way, Happy Easter... he is risen.

7 years old 1.JPG

You guys all celebrate your dogs birthday? I do. 7 years ago, on Easter Sunday my girl Brandy was born. No, it wasn't the 4th back then, but being as Easter is such a special day anyway, we celebrate her birthday on that day every year. When she came to life she practically brought me back to life... saved my life anyways... (she's my TBI/PTSD service dog.. IED in Iraq 2005) Here she is this morning in the back 40 when we were out walking in the back 40. That's "Princess Rock" she's on. The resting place of her predecessor.

By the way, Happy Easter... he is risen.

View attachment 7597223

Good looking pup. I'm glad she came into your life when you needed her the most. Dogs seem to do that.

God Bless.

This girl is a rescue that is filling a big hole in my world. I lost a family member recently and this beautiful 4 month old energy bomb is helping me heal. She is Husky (notice the eyes) and pitbull or boxer mix. I'll probably do a DNA test but I suspect she's pitbull mixed. She is an absolute sweetheart with a very high drive and super smart.

IMG_20210329_180646303_HDR.jpg

This girl is a rescue that is filling a big hole in my world. I lost a family member recently and this beautiful 4 month old energy bomb is helping me heal. She is Husky (notice the eyes) and pitbull or boxer mix. I'll probably do a DNA test but I suspect she's pitbull mixed. She is an absolute sweetheart with a very high drive and super smart.

View attachment 7597265

Beautiful dog.

Reactions: atomic41

View attachment 7597265
She talk much? Huskies can get real vocal. Brandy has a good pal "Whiskey" that's a Huskey. You can practically carry on a conversation with him. this is an old shot during a camping (overlanding) trip a few years back. Just realized I don't have many of him.

Brandy and Whiskey (2).jpg

She talk much? Huskies can get real vocal. Brandy has a good pal "Whiskey" that's a Huskey. You can practically carry on a conversation with him. this is an old shot during a camping (overlanding) trip a few years back. Just realized I don't have many of him.

View attachment 7597306

That's a great picture! She has been mostly quiet but is starting to get a little more vocal. I hope she does talk more like Huskys do, my sister has one that says several words including I love you. I'm a nerd who sits and talks to dogs so why not have a conversation! :LOL:

I know its been said before, but never experienced such a feeling of loss, even when family members passed. Hard, hard thing to have that much feeling, all things pass, wish it would hurry up!

I know its been said before, but never experienced such a feeling of loss, even when family members passed. Hard, hard thing to have that much feeling, all things pass, wish it would hurry up!
Our Choid is only four, so we have a long way to go with her, but she is such a monster, so driven to hunt everything that moves, that my wife and I both fear we will lose her too early. Amazing dog, though. She is a Decker, was yours one, or a rat terrier, or just a terrier of terriers? Either way, I didn't think I would like her at all when we got her, being used to bigger herding dogs, but of all of our dogs, she is the special one these days.

A053399E-D70B-459A-A47B-7AEC1E785C60.jpeg

First camping trip of 2021. Jose is on the right, she’s 12 1/2 years . Izzy is on the left, she’s 9 months. My wife and I have always had labs, she grew up with yellows, I grew up with black. So our first marital compromise was to get a chocolate lab. And that compromise continues.

“A good dog is worth many men”

The wife was thinking about getting a new dog shampoo last night. She was looking on the internet and she came across one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. She found one that advertised as being natural and not tested on animals.

I don't know about you but any dog shampoo I buy I want actually used on a dog before I buy it.

The wife was thinking about getting a new dog shampoo last night. She was looking on the internet and she came across one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. She found one that advertised as being natural and not tested on animals.

I don't know about you but any dog shampoo I buy I want actually used on a dog before I buy it.
Anddddddd, they vote. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ravenworks

Mane and Tail is what we use. It was a horse shampoo and conditioner when I was a kid.

I still remember that girl washing herself under the hose with it after using it on the horse.

Small, small jeans shorts and a tiny yellow bikini top.
Wow, just wow for a 10yr old boy.

The horse was probably chestnut, but I don't remember...

Waterrower, rifle and dog is a solid combination.

Reactions: candyx
Our Choid is only four, so we have a long way to go with her, but she is such a monster, so driven to hunt everything that moves, that my wife and I both fear we will lose her too early. Amazing dog, though. She is a Decker, was yours one, or a rat terrier, or just a terrier of terriers? Either way, I didn't think I would like her at all when we got her, being used to bigger herding dogs, but of all of our dogs, she is the special one these days.
Rat Terrier

My heeler decided be could take on the fed ex truck and got his ass handed to him. He’s lucky to be alive. The fuckin dick head never even stopped or left a note or anything. I found him laying by the house 4 hours after it happened. I was able to find out what happened with my security cameras.

Attachments

• F550A1C6-0A59-4CC9-8381-D2CA24B72C2D.jpeg
    F550A1C6-0A59-4CC9-8381-D2CA24B72C2D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 112
My third German Shepherd, this is Yoshi. Just turned 3 last week. Previously were Cessey and Lexi. All from the same breeder, hence the strange names... The "C" litter, the "L" litter and the "Y" litter.

Attachments

• 1729.jpeg
    1729.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 45
My heeler decided be could take on the fed ex truck and got his ass handed to him. He’s lucky to be alive. The fuckin dick head never even stopped or left a note or anything. I found him laying by the house 4 hours after it happened. I was able to find out what happened with my security cameras.

Only one responsible for this is you! You were not watching him!

Reactions: sea2summit
Only one responsible for this is you! You were not watching him!
I agree 100 percent this is my fault I told fed ex the same thing. The problem I had was the driver didn’t even have the common courtesy of letting us know what happened. And the guy was hauling ass on the road I live on. Speed limit is 35 these fuckers go about 50. I guess I could have worded it better. Fed ex was the one that said fill out the claim so I did. I never had intentions of getting them for damages I’m not a liberal fucktard that is owed something. All I wanted was for these guys to fallow the speed limit and maybe let someone know.

My Kimber is at the vet today. She started throwing up last night and then had some blood in her stool. Not sure what is going on, but she is not herself. View attachment 7602846
A friend of mine had a Malinois, he ate a turtle, they were out at the camp. Died on the way to the vet, the shell cut all of his insides up.
Best of luck, I hope for the best for you and Kimber!

If it is red, it is usually not a big deal, just something close to the butthole. Problems come up when it is black blood.

My Kimber is at the vet today. She started throwing up last night and then had some blood in her stool. Not sure what is going on, but she is not herself. View attachment 7602846
The vet can't find anything in her blood work that is out of the ordinary, and she hasn't thrown up since we took her in. They said she is acting better, so I am picking her up later and we will see how it goes.

Okay, so get this.

About a week and a half ago, my dog was also tossing her cookies and shitting liquid.
In fact, she tried to wake the kids up early Sunday morning based on the line of shit from their hallway to the front door.

Matthew came home two or three days earlier with a nasal type of cold. He had very high level of mucus and snot.
The dog got sick after he started showing heavy symptoms.
I talked to a neighbor while Cherry was ill, and they had the same issue. Sick kid, sick dog...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is there something going on or just a weird coincidence?

Okay, so get this.

About a week and a half ago, my dog was also tossing her cookies and shitting liquid.
In fact, she tried to wake the kids up early Sunday morning based on the line of shit from their hallway to the front door.

Matthew came home two or three days earlier with a nasal type of cold. He had very high level of mucus and snot.
The dog got sick after he started showing heavy symptoms.
I talked to a neighbor while Cherry was ill, and they had the same issue. Sick kid, sick dog...

Has this happened to anyone else?

Is there something going on or just a weird coincidence?
I've not had it happen, but zoonotic diseases are not uncommon. Outside of bat to human transmission, lol, there are plenty of cases of canine/human colds. My mother had it happen to her last year, and I actually think that Covid has shown up in dogs too, but I am not certain.

This was my boy Charlie aka Char Char. He was my forever dog. We had to put him down 5 months after this picture as he developed congestive heart failure. It overtook him quickly. He was not only a mind reader, he knew my thoughts before I even had them. He got me through a few rough stretches and could always tell when I needed him. That was over 2 years ago and I still tear up every
time I see his picture.
2018-06-20 Inside A -1.jpg

My little baby was spayed yesterday and she was feeling the pain last night and today. The vet surprised me with only prescribing Vetprofen. Just an NSAID.

But she assured me this is all they ever prescribe.