• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

View attachment 7608537This is 4 month old Maggie. She became available two days after I lost my Sage in January. Not a replacement but she sure adds life.
Never a replacement, more a continuation of unconditional love shared by man and dog alike. The best medicine is another loving soul in each others lives.... IMO.

Good looking pup! (y)

If you want Maggie to be stealthy pop rivet those tags together. ;)

Never a replacement, more a continuation of unconditional love shared by man and dog alike. The best medicine is another loving soul in each others lives.... IMO.

Good looking pup! (y)

If you want Maggie to be stealthy pop rivet those tags together. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 100
Well done, I'm sure Maggie approves. (y)

I started doing that years ago because I thought if I was a dog doing serious dog stuff would I want those things clattering around on my neck constantly..... hell no! :)

Reactions: crackerbrown
I know its been said before, but never experienced such a feeling of loss, even when family members passed. Hard, hard thing to have that much feeling, all things pass, wish it would hurry up!
You must replace all your negative thoughts surrounding their death with thoughts of all the daily positives they created during your time together. (y)

Last edited:
"How long before you stop getting weepy when you see a dog that looks like the one you had to put down. Oct, 16, 2020 I had to do that to my best friend of 16 years."

I believe that day will never come; a TV show, her favorite food, a piece of a dog toy, snd the sound of dog tags clinking. She's been gone over 10 years and it still hits like a ton of bricks sometimes, I feel foolish at first but it always fades to a memory of what a good dog she was. I didn't deserve her and no dog will measure up in the same way. I've done a lot of "meaningful" things in my life but having her will always be the best. I hope it's the same for you.

"How long before you stop getting weepy when you see a dog that looks like the one you had to put down. Oct, 16, 2020 I had to do that to my best friend of 16 years."

I believe that day will never come; a TV show, her favorite food, a piece of a dog toy, snd the sound of dog tags clinking. She's been gone over 10 years and it still hits like a ton of bricks sometimes, I feel foolish at first but it always fades to a memory of what a good dog she was. I didn't deserve her and no dog will measure up in the same way. I've done a lot of "meaningful" things in my life but having her will always be the best. I hope it's the same for you.

I still get a little sad when I see a dog that looks like my childhood pet. That was more than 45 years ago. I miss every last one of them. Far too many to reflect on here.

i-qP4ZkC4-XL.jpg

Rev continues to impress at 11.5 years and after nearly 2 years battling small cell melanoma. 2 surgeries, one tumor stopped with topical THC applications, and daily doses of THC/CBD since the first external tumor was spotted. He has matured into the best companion anyone could hope for. Still full of energy and drive with quite a vocabulary and loving general nature.

20210425_073806.jpg

Scout Sniper Team this morning, Rev spotted and treed the squirrel and I sniped it. He packed it for the rest of the 2 mile walk with a constant tail wag. His day was complete at 7:30 a.m. 😁

Last edited:
This is my current lead sleddog Tanana. She’s enjoying her other sport, destroying stuffed animals. Her primary sport is leading a team of 3 other Malamutes. View attachment 7611865She’s beautiful dude. She doesn’t miss many meals in the off season. LOL
She’s beautiful dude. She doesn’t miss many meals in the off season. LOL

She’s beautiful dude. She doesn’t miss many meals in the off season. LOL
Thanks!

The team pulls an off road 3 wheeled sled in the summer. She is a big girl and weighs 92 pounds all of it muscle. The picture of her shows just how big her front shoulders are. That’s where all of a malamute’s power comes from. The others weight slightly less. Malamutes are heavy freighting and long haul dogs. They are not the swift, fast runners you see in most dog sled races.

Reactions: rhsc
My little baby was spayed yesterday and she was feeling the pain last night and today. The vet surprised me with only prescribing Vetprofen. Just an NSAID.

But she assured me this is all they ever prescribe.
BS. My girl got Tramadol for a week. Remember when humans get "this" they are out for 6-8 weeks.

Reactions: 34SF
Today is one year we had to say goodbye to Nova, still miss her. 😢

Attachments

• BF3B5117-8A64-43F5-9138-C8EAC0112FFE.jpeg
    BF3B5117-8A64-43F5-9138-C8EAC0112FFE.jpeg
    352.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 8ECDE922-1A20-48F0-AA5B-E357F58B84D3.jpeg
    8ECDE922-1A20-48F0-AA5B-E357F58B84D3.jpeg
    656.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 28E4D390-B835-433E-B725-D0491AAAA6E3.jpeg
    28E4D390-B835-433E-B725-D0491AAAA6E3.jpeg
    379.3 KB · Views: 50
My wife & I have had dogs for 35 years.

Our beagle mix named Penny contracted canine anemia and passed in January. She was a stray we took in in 2008.

Our Aussie named Maggie was 16 and passed early this month.

Saturday we got a really cute six month old terrier mix that we have named Jolly Roger. He a really loving little guy that was rescued when just a few weeks old.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Maggie.jpg
    Maggie.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Jolly 1.jpg
    Jolly 1.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 61
My dog has feasted on Cicadas for the last week or so. I mean she goes out and immediately goes on the hunt. I've tried to make her stop, but she just looks at me, then goes back to playing with them until she kills them. She then eats them.

Play, kill, eat, all day long.

Reactions: rhsc and Sgt47
The unconditional bond humans and dogs share is one of the more rewarding relationships we may experience in our lives. The truly unconditional love they bring is difficult to accurately express or describe and their passing reinforces their contribution to our quality of life.

They are most certainly worthy and deserving of our recognition and respect.

Please share your "Best Friend" experiences, photos, and memories with us here on The Hide.

This is Riley in April of 2007 who was our first "child" and with us for 15 years 7 months. It's been 9 years since he passed and his memories still warm our hearts. He truly taught us how living and sharing life unconditionally with a dog is an invaluable experi

The unconditional bond humans and dogs share is one of the more rewarding relationships we may experience in our lives. The truly unconditional love they bring is difficult to accurately express or describe and their passing reinforces their contribution to our quality of life.

They are most certainly worthy and deserving of our recognition and respect.

Please share your "Best Friend" experiences, photos, and memories with us here on The Hide.

This is Riley in April of 2007 who was our first "child" and with us for 15 years 7 months. It's been 9 years since he passed and his memories still warm our hearts. He truly taught us how living and sharing life unconditionally with a dog is an invaluable experience.

i-VQvf9gK-L.jpg
Sorry about it friend

Found another like him yet or better than him?

I brought home a new pup on Friday. Ellie is an 8 week old French Brittany or Epagneul Breton for you Francophiles. I decided on a medium size dog, after the loss of my Gordon Setter. If I survive the puppy stage, at 73, I hope we'll have many years together. :)

3E9A0855.jpg

3E9A0859.jpg

Anyone have a recommendation for a good tool to remove the underfur on a German Shepherd?

I have a furminator but that simply gives a haircut it seems, and another brush/comb with spikes gets some.... but leaves a bunch of hair I would like to remove as well.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good tool to remove the underfur on a German Shepherd?

I have a furminator but that simply gives a haircut it seems, and another brush/comb with spikes gets some.... but leaves a bunch of hair I would like to remove as well.
It sure how much your fur your talking about but GS don’t have a specific time of year they shed its all day every day