• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marc's Weaponized Math

There really is no "math" you can just read the chart Ted created

View attachment 7425231

if you use 1.0 Mils to hit 300 yards, Point of Aim, Point of Impact,

moving to 400 you start with 1.7 Mils, after shooting and determining point of aim, point of impact at 400, you use that number to give you the 500 yard starting point.

it's trued and verified data, that fills in the blanks for you, it's gravity, not bullet weight, BC, muzzle velocity, sight height, twist rate, bullet length, azimuth to target, it's just gravity, that is it, you use the confirmed data from the previous yard line to line up the next 100 yard target.
1600281495825.gif

Ok this is freaking awesome. I mean dang! Cannot wait to try this next week.

I would love for someone to break this down with crayons for me because I keep getting questions about this.
It's been over-explained at this point, if you can't understand it, or follow the simple chart, maybe consider golf

I think maybe he's wondering where the .45 comes from... The mean value between two points is f'(b)-f'(a)/(b-a) which in this case is just 8.7+5.8/.5. If the entire function for the trajectory were given you'd use the mean value formula to get this. .45 is derived from an educated guess because there are more variables than we are accounting for (unless you wanna get into multivariable differential equations and analyze this trajectory in 3 dimensions over time --I don't). .5 is what you'd choose over .45 to get the right answer in a perfect setting, with no drag or temp. or any of the more minor variables (which tend to add up over distance/time though). .45 though was a great guess --.5 minus something, it'll ALWAYS be like that, always a little less than in a perfect system without the minor variables.

IMHO, anyone into shooting long range would benefit from a community college trig and diff. calculus course. May need to take a couple algebra courses first but it's worth it. Hell, shooting and SDM crap is why I went to university and majored in it.

I’m working on a formula now that’s very promising and testing it with different drop data. I’m looking around to see if anyone else has come up with something similar. This is somewhat similar but my formula works for my 6.5 from 250 out to 850. This is very interesting.