• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark Chanlynn Barrels

Big_Country

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2010
United States
I've heard the name but never asked. I have used a few.

Rock, Krieger, Lija, Orbermeyer, Hart, Schneider, Bartlein, Border, Brux, Broughten etc.

Some say his barrels are top notch and perhaps a step up above all the rest and are extremely accurate. Can anyone attest to this or have some insight at all?

Much respect,
-Sv

Re: Mark Chanlynn Barrels

I can't attest to it but I have done my research on here on them and they are top tier.

They are just as accurate as Bartlien, Krieger,Lilja...and so on but I doubt you can make them anymore accurate then those listed. I will have a build with one, one day.

Handled a chanlynn AR barrel yesterday. My smith had just chambered it. It look fantastic. I believe he learned from Boots.

Reactions: nikonNUT

Chad Dixon may chime in as well, but Mark builds one of the best barrels out there. He's built two rifles for me in the past year with another on the way out there. I just got the pre-64 Winchester 70 this past week. I have to expect it'll perform better than I can shoot just like his other one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pipewhiner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chad Dixon may chime in as well, but Mark builds one of the best barrels out there. He's built two rifles for me in the past year with another on the way out there. I just got the pre-64 Winchester 70 this past week. I have to expect it'll perform better than I can shoot just like his other one. </div></div>

I know people generally don't like this question, but how does his barrel's match up against the other's like Rock, Krieger, Lija etc.? Does anyone have one of his barrels and find that they seem more accurate than your other's?

Thanks for all the responses.
Much respect,
-Sv

Does anyone have contact imformation for him?

I only have Chanlynn barrels so I can't compare to the other makes out there.
He doesn't have a website, but a quick google will pull up a manta listing with accurate info. If not I'll shoot you a PM.

My brother- in law has one on his 7 RUM and it is super accurate, for comparison I just broke in my 7-300 win with a Brux and it is equally as accurate but took longer to brake in. That said, I love the Brux but wouldn't hesitate on one of Mark's barrels.

Rocky Mountain Rifle Works LLC
931 Stone Canyon Drive Longmont, CO 80503-7303
(303) 823-6270.

I have one of his barrels on my MA-TEN Build. Mark answered all of my questions with patience and treated me with respect, not like someone that was just wasting his time. He trained under Boots Obermyer and makes one hell of a good barrel from start to finish. The barrel broke in exceptionally fast and is much more accurate than I am. First 8 of 10 break in rounds were touching in a string, and it has put together a lot of sub MOA groups that I'm sure a more skilled shooter could shrink easily. Suffice it to say that he has all my barrel work as it comes a long.
You wont be disappointed.

Kelly

I have had a few and despite not knowing “why” they have all been faster and lasted longer than other barrels for the same load/length.. fan of his for life.

I've heard the name but never asked. I have used a few.

Rock, Krieger, Lija, Orbermeyer, Hart, Schneider, Bartlein, Border, Brux, Broughten etc.

Some say his barrels are top notch and perhaps a step up above all the rest and are extremely accurate. Can anyone attest to this or have some insight at all?

Much respect,
-Sv

I've known Mark since 1998. Been using his sticks off/on since that time. Never an issue once. Great guy, straight as an arrow, and he likes to drag race cars.

Can't go wrong with a Chanlynn stick. :)

I've tried to get a shotgun pattern of barrel makers. Krieger, Bartlein, rock Creek, brux, proof, chanlynn...

I haven't really seen any one perform noticeably better. Chanlynn makes a good barrel, though.

If you've had the good fortune to use Mark's barrels, then you know you've got some of the very best equipment available. What's even better is to have your first rate barrel made by a first rate gentleman. And as a bonus, I didn't have to wait months for it. If you've spent the money to build a first rate rifle, then it only makes sense to put a Chanlynn barrel on it.

Reactions: nikonNUT and LRI
Never heard or read a negative about Marks barrels and am having him make one for my 6mm ARC build.

Sent Mark the parts for a 6mm ARC, his barrel 21”. Don’t have it yet but am expecting good things from it. I have had Paul Marquart, Kriger, Opermeyer, barrels on various rifles. I am a hunter not a competive shooter but they all shoot well and I know better than I can. I am a believer in cut rifling and I expect the same of Chanlynn; I have NEVER heard a bad word about his tubes!!

Well I didn’t know it at the time but Marks barrels are left hand twist, I am a bit jacked about that!! I should get the AR in a week or two. I sent Mark the build parts and he assembled it so I have no doubt it’s done correctly. Mark sent me a barrel brake in procedure which I will follow. I am putting a Meopta 1 x 6 x24 Millrad scope on it. I have high hopes!