• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

Re: Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

I feel either left out or lucky. 40L BUIS is all I got from ARMS, and after reading all the lawsuit crap that'll be the last piece of equipment I <span style="font-weight: bold">EVER</span> get from ARMS.

BTW Mark, whatcha got in a free float Armalite AR10 Rail, rifle length?

If Mark wants I'll gladly break the GG&G scope rings I have and send them in to be replaced too, as well as forward grips by names other than Larue!!!

How's that sound Mark?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kick-Ass</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Larue,

What can I get if I break Lowlights other ribs at SHOT next month? I can throw him in your pile of broken "mounts" afterwards.

Sincerely,

</div></div>

Please tell me when this is going to happen.....will pay to see this.....

My money is on Frank.
laugh.gif

While I agree with Lowlight, the problem with these threads is people get too emotionally involved and generally turns into a mudslinging contest which makes everyone, especially the site look bad. I made the mistake myself and posted something out of line but I deleted it.

Not everyone is going to agree, but everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as they are respectful. A great example is with 300sniper. He posted something that wasn't too popular, but if guys had just left it alone, it would have died. Instead, everyone started jumping on him and turned into 2 pages of crap. So the guys that came in to try to defend Mark got more out of line that the person who originally made the comment.

The marketing is working. Sent in a set of ARMS rings that required a heavy dose of lapping and then only worked on one rail plus a check for additional items that I have needed to order. Seems like a win win
smile.gif

Pat

I do feel the need to apolgize to Lowlight and the members of the Hide for my unnecessary comment to 300. Mark Larue (through his company) has gone above and beyond for me several times without my asking. To see someone bveing so cavalier as to bash someone (or someone's products) they don't know because of an internet persona is assinine to me.

However, it was uncalled for to react to 300's comments in that manner regardless of my personal ire.

Sometimes on the internet things go too far... chances are if Mark, 300 and I were in a room together, we would all be kicking back, telling lies and drinking a beer.

Again, good luck Mark. Crush the Swan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is currently on her way to Austin, Texas to buy another mount.

</div></div>

On a Trumpet no less!

I like the firefighter comment 41.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the firefighter comment 41.......</div></div>

A big plus 1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">make your point and shut the fuck up</div></div>

+1

I think it's interesting that after 4,000+ views to this thread, ARMS has not sent somebody here to talk about their side. Regardless of how you feel about Larue vs. ARMS equipment, I think it's awesome that an industry guy like Mark would take the time to come here and deal with the issue first hand. Nobody is asking anybody to play this out in the court of public opinion, but, give me a break...over 32,000 members here on the Hide and who knows how many non-registered lookers. I just think from a public relations perspective, it would serve ARMS well to nut up and send somebody here.

Just my .002

Mark, what is it going to cost you to get that spot right next to the swan at SHOT??? LOL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it's interesting that after 4,000+ views to this thread, ARMS has not sent somebody here to talk about their side. Regardless of how you feel about Larue vs. ARMS equipment, I think it's awesome that an industry guy like Mark would take the time to come here and deal with the issue first hand. Nobody is asking anybody to play this out in the court of public opinion, but, give me a break...over 32,000 members here on the Hide and who knows how many non-registered lookers. I just think from a public relations perspective, it would serve ARMS well to nut up and send somebody here.

Just my .002 </div></div>

The really crazy thing is that it has been in a time span of 3 days.

If "they" like legal action then it's not likely they will do anything more than sit back and hope "mistakes" are made so they can sue about some other point
wink.gif

What I wonder about is the cost of all this. In the end it all comes back on the customer. It HAS to. Maybe the overall loss is not so great once you factor in the advertising costs but I doubt it. It IS a good idea but I wonder when the money will be recouped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AUJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What I wonder about is the cost of all this. In the end it all comes back on the customer. It HAS to. Maybe the overall loss is not so great once you factor in the advertising costs but I doubt it. It IS a good idea but I wonder when the money will be recouped. </div></div>

How much do lawsuits cost?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AUJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I wonder about is the cost of all this. In the end it all comes back on the customer. It HAS to. Maybe the overall loss is not so great once you factor in the advertising costs but I doubt it. It IS a good idea but I wonder when the money will be recouped. </div></div>

Mark may just cover this out of his own pocket. The brand loyalty and market share he is gaining hourly, most companies would pay marketing and advertising firms huge amounts of money to get what Mark is doing for the cost of replacing some broken parts. Not sure about the rest of you but I added to my order and as other items are needed I will look at LaRue's line-up first and ARMS last (did that already but brand loyalty has grown even more). I may not be a huge player in the grander scheme of things but I hopefully can help out
smile.gif

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottyS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AUJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What I wonder about is the cost of all this. In the end it all comes back on the customer. It HAS to. Maybe the overall loss is not so great once you factor in the advertising costs but I doubt it. It IS a good idea but I wonder when the money will be recouped. </div></div>

How much do lawsuits cost? </div></div>

Litigation is a real bitch. Even if you are absolved from any wrong doing, the legal fees alone can really add up. To put it into perspective, a few years ago a Korean couple in Wash DC who own a laundromat got sued by a JUDGE for allegedly ruining his pants. He sued for $60 million dollars. The presiding judge on the case actually allowed the case to proceed, which is preposterous. In the end, the couple was out about $90k in legal fees and court costs even though they were found not guilty of any wrong doing. It is a shame.

This is the brilliance of Mark's challenge. It is totally grass roots. In court, the only winners are usually the lawyers. As previously posted, many guys are going to add to their order and buy from Larue from now on. On balance, he will land right side up and see his "challenge" wind up way up in the black. I have not tracked Mark's internet lore like others here so, I don't really care about his "arrogance." I don't think he is doing this just for the marketing appeal. He seems to be a principled man who feels he has been wronged and doesn't want to have a judge tell him he's okay. This whole thing has taken some stones and I applaud his Texan style. Like the old phrase, "There are only two kinds of people...those who are from Texas and those who wish they were from Texas."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the brilliance of Mark's challenge. </div></div>
Most people get it. While some would see that throwing money into legal battles prevents the market from allowing you to arrive at your own conclusion, others step forward and say, "I have nothing to hide - you decide." Where there is a breach of integrity or some injustice, certainly there might be a need for a legal ruling but even the blind man can see that the established think they can use the system to prevent competition. This is the inefficiency that eventually ruins systems, but normally it is kept hidden until the end. I agree with Dave. It is as if the individual warrior, or shooter, is "Charlie Simms" and "Lt. Colonel Frank Slade" appears on the scene to help take on the Baird men, now with Ann Margaret along for the ride to dance the tango to "Por Una Cabeza" as our Gabrielle Anwar.

I was also unaware of his internet lore or that there is a fanclub. I call him friend.

Your sigline sums it up ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Winston Churchill
</div></div>

I am a really big AR guy,never have used any of LaRue Tactical products,but after reading this thread I just might try one or two,sounds like he is a pretty stand up guy.

What I care about is top notch gear and top notch customer service. Supporting our military is an added bonus for me to seal the deal.

So far I've gotten that from Larue, and that's who I recommend when guys ask what they should get. If that makes me a fanboy then so be it.

As for the challenge I just like the fact that he has some big brass balls and is willing to fight what he thinks is the good fight. Rock on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your sigline sums it up ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Winston Churchill
</div></div>

</div></div>

As you may gather, I have had urine deposited down my back in the name of "rain" in business. I get it! PM sent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am a really big AR guy,never have used any of LaRue Tactical products,but after reading this thread I just might try one or two,sounds like he is a pretty stand up guy. </div></div> If you like ARs and do not have at least one of their mounts your collection is not complete!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottyS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AUJohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

How much do lawsuits cost? </div></div>

Litigation is a real bitch. Even if you are absolved from any wrong doing, the legal fees alone can really add up. To put it into perspective, a few years ago a Korean couple in Wash DC who own a laundromat got sued by a JUDGE for allegedly ruining his pants. He sued for $60 million dollars. The presiding judge on the case actually allowed the case to proceed, which is preposterous. In the end, the couple was out about $90k in legal fees and court costs even though they were found not guilty of any wrong doing. It is a shame.

</div></div>

This is precisely why Mark is doing this, I am sure.

If someone is going to stoop to using the Legal Industry to try to "win", then a word-of-mouth demonstration of product quality, customer service, and sheer American audacity is a great way to let the opposition know where you stand.

The idea here is to get people off of any ARMS brand loyalty train and try something else. If Mark's product is clearly superior in fit, finish, and durability, it will be obvious to the newbies soon enough.

People in the shooting world respond to open audacity (whether done in good taste like this, or bad taste like a lot of corner-store gun dealers). This tactic will work as far as increasing customer base, and it will also give LaRue something to further humiliate the aggressors.

If Mark is successful in giving ARMS black eye in the internet civi shooting world, then the only way that they can "win" is in the arena of large agency contract awards. The internet could give a sh$t about what the Legal Industry decides.

I only own 2 LaRue products. The first one is a LT-150 Comp 2 mount I purchased from my agencies rangemaster. I knew it was a good product because this guy does not buy crap. The biggest thing that impressed me was I could take it off and on and I would have no shift in zero. That right there really blew me away.

Now it was time to purchase a scopemount to afix a Nightforce 3.5-15X56 to a 24" barreled AR-10. I already new it was going to be a LaRue product. So I ordered a LT-104 form them. When the box arrived it had a hat, a dillo, Dillo-Dust and the mount. The "wow, cool!!" factor was very high. The mount also was very robust and at the same time keeping weight to a minimum. Just by looking at the contents of the box to me screamed customer service. I was hooked on LaRue as a company.

Now seeing this thread and what Mr. LaRue is doing I wish him the best of luck and have no doubt he will come out the victor.

I'm not sure this is going to affect many customers who were perfectly happy with their ARMS mounts. Those no longer with a happy outlook on the company, regret buying an ARMS or had broken their mounts I'm sure are overjoyed.

There is certainly what? 20+ page of people who will break an ARMS mount to trade up to a better made larue mount. I know some of those bought ARMS mounts that cost half as much just to get a larue mount cheaper (since I know of someone who did exactly that).

I think if I were ARMS I would just shrug since all those people still bought my product and this has no bearing on the case.

Should make for an interesting conversation piece for the Larue shot booth though. Love Mark or hate him you certainly cant ignore him.

(all my mounts are Larue, and will continue to be when I need another mount, I own nothing made by ARMS, think I've only ever owned one, a handle mount for an A2 AR that went along with the cheap scope it was attached to.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've seen the future; Northface sues South Butt </div></div>

You nailed it with that Kasey, here's a kid, 18 years old who decided to spoof North face by making T-shirts called South Butt. They were sold in his Dad's pharmacy outside St. Louis, now he's being sued, and his entire product line has expanded. Its amazing what a kind of PR you can get from a lawsuit. They were talking about it on Rush Limbaugh's show. I think young Winkleman will get his college paid for just through product sales bolstered by the suit. North Face should have just bought him off, would be cheaper.

Thumbs up to LaRue. Also I got my Christmas Dillo goodness this week

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLharris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There is certainly what? 20+ page of people who will break an ARMS mount to trade up to a better made larue mount. I know some of those bought ARMS mounts that cost half as much just to get a larue mount cheaper (since I know of someone who did exactly that).

</div></div>

I just had to add my thoughts. I feel that anyone who'd do that is both despicable, and a scumbag. I am sure that you are right in your suggestion/accusation but for one to be called 'a man of integrity', all that is thrown away in doing such acts.

No, I don't have an AR. No, I don't have any LaRue products. I ALSO DON'T HAVE ANY ARMS PRODUCTS EITHER. I'd love to have an AR, but this is Canada.

I just had to vent that screwing people over, for the selfishness and advancement of oneself is deplorable.

In the effort of support, how many here are ordering from LaRue, and kicking in a bit extra for the fight?

Or for those companies (here) that support and ship their product to the guys in the sandbox? How many kick in extra for them too?

There are only a few larue mounts that are considerably more expensive than the corresponding a.r.m.s. mounts. In fact, there are some a.r.m.s. mounts that are more expensive than the larue counterpart; i.e. #19 LD ACOG vs. the LT-100.

I do agree that purposely going out of your way to buy an a.r.m.s. mount, simply to break it for a trade-in is unethical. It undermines the spirit of Mark's gesture. If you already have an a.r.m.s. mount, then fine. But don't go out of your way to exploit the situation just to save an insignificant amount of cash. Besides, by doing so, you are spending cash with a.r.m.s. and taking a product from larue without compensation. This is simply assisting the antagonist.

I'm not sure what to do. I run a Eotech 557 with a Eotech 3X magnifier. The 3X came with an A.R.M.S flip to side mount with the Eotech logo on the ring. I love LaRue however the 3X flip to side mount on the LaRue website states "Not compatible with Eotech 557".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure what to do. I run a Eotech 557 with a Eotech 3X magnifier. The 3X came with an A.R.M.S flip to side mount with the Eotech logo on the ring. I love LaRue however the 3X flip to side mount on the LaRue website states "Not compatible with Eotech 557". </div></div>

Stay with what you have. Nobody has a gun to anybody's head. If ARMS kit is working for you by all means keep it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure what to do. I run a Eotech 557 with a Eotech 3X magnifier. The 3X came with an A.R.M.S flip to side mount with the Eotech logo on the ring. I love LaRue however the 3X flip to side mount on the LaRue website states "Not compatible with Eotech 557". </div></div>

Thats the Aimpoint 3X, the Eotech is the LT-670 EO

Eotech 3X

I have used Mark's products for years and I have never had one fail. For the AR platform, they're the most versatile on the market.
Thanks Mark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The LT670-EO is not compatible with the EOTech 553, 557, 516, or similar models" </div></div>

Sorry about that at was looking at the magnifier. I should have keyed into the 557

"i have some ARMS 30mm High rings that are 15moa to the side compared to a set of lows that are sentre with the same scope on the same rail. i have sent them an email i will gladly break them. i have had to shim both sets to make them hold the rails.

I hope this is true their will be 2 sets going back to the US and i dont know if i can break the mount on my Atlus though."

Don't bother. Larue doesn't do business with anyone outside the US. Period. You gotta get sneaky and have a friend in the US buy the stuff and on-ship it to you
smile.gif