• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apparently Mark Larue has tossed down the gauntlet with ARMS Mounts. According to AR15.com, Mark Larue has posted a challenge to the Arms company regarding their #17S mount in response to the law suit. It goes something like this:

Intentionaly break the lever arm off your ARMS #17S, send it in to Larue before the Shot Show, get a new Larue mount to replace it at no charge.

Now for the challenge part, Mark is challenging ARMS to do the same for their customers. At the Shot Show, Mark will have all the broken ARMS mounts on display, and is challenging ARMS to recipricate with broken larue mounts. Whoever has the most broken mounts at their booth wins.

I have not confirmed with Larue that this is legitimate yet, will call tomorrow, but here is his the link to the challenge.

Larue Challenge

Re: Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

I have something to trade.

All I can say is that Mark sends out a funny Christmas card and I hope I get one, despite my purchases of a couple ARMS mounts this year. Honestly, Mark, there were no alternatives and I still love LaRue (which I also bought)!!

Larue's customer service is the best I have ever dealt with in the firearms industry. If that is true, that is some funny sh*t.

read through the thread. Love larue stuff and that is the funniest gad damn stuff I have ever seen!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZOMBIE101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got an Christmas Armadillo Bottle Opener today from Larue Tactical

They should win this EAZzZY </div></div>

Me too, I know I can't break that.... I've been tryin' to wear it out!

Damn it, my xmas dillo is a no show so far. 07 and 08 are getting lonely on the tree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZOMBIE101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got an Christmas Armadillo Bottle Opener today from Larue Tactical

+1 i got one and a nice christmas card

now onto breaking that arms mount

ill email them and see if its 100% legit before i do it. if so, this is awesome

I have been reading through the thread on AR15.com, there is some funny shit with guys breaking the lever with their Dillo's. I am pretty sure its the real deal. Guys are breaking anything made by ARMS over there, and Mark is giving them his equivilant. God Bless Texas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZOMBIE101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got an Christmas Armadillo Bottle Opener today from Larue Tactical

+1 i got one and a nice christmas card

now onto breaking that arms mount </div></div>

Crap, I forgot about that. I think he has my old address.

Wow, A.R.M.S. is shitting their pants now, they have no idea what sleeping giant they awoke, I could really see this almost destroying that company. reminds me of the fight between Ontario and RAT cutlery, although i still LOVE my ontario's lol

A little off topic but.... Anyone know how I can get more DILLO DUST without ordering another $100+ item?????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little off topic but.... Anyone know how I can get more DILLO DUST without ordering another $100+ item????? </div></div>

Thats some good shit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nwsnowbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wish Larue would make a replacement for my Elcan Specter DR </div></div>

That sucks, thats the one mount you can't swap out.

Hum, breaking your mounts. Internet childs play. Maybe that is why they can't seem to respond to my questions as a potential customer? They are too busy playing child like games there to respond! Well I guess that answers that I'll buy things I want elsewhere.

There does seem to be a request from Mark for pictures of the before and after of said destruction.

Shits and giggles

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/As0r3TIEuWE&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/As0r3TIEuWE&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

And if I send in my EOTech with broken off ARMS levers?......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hum, breaking your mounts. Internet childs play. Maybe that is why they can't seem to respond to my questions as a potential customer? They are too busy playing child like games there to respond! Well I guess that answers that I'll buy things I want elsewhere. </div></div>

How about picking up the phone and giving them a call?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hum, breaking your mounts. Internet childs play. Maybe that is why they can't seem to respond to my questions as a potential customer? They are too busy playing child like games there to respond! Well I guess that answers that I'll buy things I want elsewhere. </div></div>
I found that they don't reply instantly, but I always got a reply from their sales guy, Brian (I think it is). Nice people, but they do get busy.

Larue was an outstanding sponsor at the last match I attended. To prove they had a sense of humor, they sent a gift certificate for the sponsor banner.
smile.gif

Thanks go out to Larue for their support.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LS6TT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ill email them and see if its 100% legit before i do it. if so, this is awesome </div></div>

it's legit. wish i hadn't sold off my old crappy ARMS mounts to purchase my larue mounts. the amount of stuff that company gives away in the name of promotion astounds me. the amount of stuff he is doing to irritate dick swan is priceless.

if you want to have a good laugh check out some of the names and numbers he has trademarked. it's ridiculous

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hum, breaking your mounts. Internet childs play. Maybe that is why they can't seem to respond to my questions as a potential customer? They are too busy playing child like games there to respond! Well I guess that answers that I'll buy things I want elsewhere. </div></div>

How about picking up the phone and giving them a call? </div></div>

I didn't see a toll free number and I don't have long distance service. I'm just on the net. I doesn't matter much right this instant anymore. I sent out the request before Thanksgiving I took into account the holiday and waited. I went ahead and bought a few items elsewhere that will set me back for a little while. So the questions that I had when I was willing to spend the money there can wait. Maybe the next time if and when I decide to buy something from them and have questions I'll get a response in a timely manor.

I traded in 4 arms items for Larue mounts. They all either were way too tight, had stripped threads or shifting zeroes.

Guys, please do NOT intentionally break a working arms mount and send it to Larue. If you are unhappy with the too tight or loose fit, write it up and send it in. If it won't hold zero, write it up and send it in. But if you start taking a hammer to it just to send it in, you are defeating the purpose of Mark's intentions, and he will be forced to cease to honor his offer. Please keep this as honest as you can, and don't take advantage of a great thing.

Wow...really strong offer from a strong offer...1s class all the way. Gotta love Larue!

What?!?

His request was for people TO INTENTIONALLY break there arms mounts and send them in.

(copied from original post)
"We are hereby offering to replace any A.R.M.S. mount that the owner intentionally breaks the M.I.M. lever off."

i have some ARMS 30mm High rings that are 15moa to the side compared to a set of lows that are sentre with the same scope on the same rail. i have sent them an email i will gladly break them. i have had to shim both sets to make them hold the rails.

I hope this is true their will be 2 sets going back to the US and i dont know if i can break the mount on my Atlus though.

Hey y'all,

It's true. I'm sick and fluckin' tired of this chickensh*t practice of late some business owners are doing of suing folks just to impede business and stop competition. So, I went out in the pasture and cut me a nice big limby stick. ;-)

If you have (and some of you do) A.R.M.S. mounts with naturally busted levers, or too loose to trust, then write up what's made them useless and send them in - I'll send you back something of ours that will serve the same purpose.

If you have something of A.R.M.S. that ain't broke - doesn't matter, if you're willing to intentionally bust the lever off, taking and providing before and after pics, then I will do the same for those too, but we'll keep them in separate piles here at the shop. I got a contest going for the intentionally broke pile ... Shotshow will be fun.

Heads-up though - EOTechs and Elcans are built-in, so that's a no-go. When those break, the whole unit has to be sent back to the Elcan or EOTech factory. Can't help ya there.

On a side note, we have completely developed our OBR (formerly OSR, but then we learned of the Optics Swan Rail).

Anyhow, they are shootin' like a house on fire. First bunch of guns goin' to the citizens have averaged .710" 5-shot 100-yard groups with Tubbs precision 175 gr. stuff.

I know there's a bunch of LaRue-kit users on here and subsequently a few LaRue-haters too ... please note that we love you all. ;-)

Merry Christmas to each and every dang one of ya,

ML

Mark LaRue & Co.

I can tell you that years ago I had a couple of A.R.M.S. mounts, they were either so tight I had to "pry" them off with a screw driver or so loose I couldn't us ethem because the optic would slide back and forth. I also tried the ADM's and they would be the same in regards to not being able to tweak the fit with the adjustment interval. The Larue Mounts you can tweak with the rail(s). They've also been great to work with when I call there to ask a question or order.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I traded in 4 arms items for Larue mounts. They all either were way too tight, had stripped threads or shifting zeroes.

Guys, please do NOT intentionally break a working arms mount and send it to Larue. If you are unhappy with the too tight or loose fit, write it up and send it in. If it won't hold zero, write it up and send it in. But if you start taking a hammer to it just to send it in, you are defeating the purpose of Mark's intentions, and he will be forced to cease to honor his offer. Please keep this as honest as you can, and don't take advantage of a great thing. </div></div>

Just got off the phone with LaRue.....

and I Quote....."break them, he knows what he is doing". Document it and break it....
crazy.gif

I dont have the sack to break my kit...but I will buy Larue in the future because of this...Love a company with brass ones...

I need to stop by the shop and check it out, they are abut 45 mins away and I have never been there.

Zink

Larue has been a sponsor at a lot of matches here in Texas...

superior product and customer service

All Larue stuff i ever had or won or used was superb and worked as advertised.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I traded in 4 arms items for Larue mounts. They all either were way too tight, had stripped threads or shifting zeroes.

Guys, please do NOT intentionally break a working arms mount and send it to Larue. If you are unhappy with the too tight or loose fit, write it up and send it in. If it won't hold zero, write it up and send it in. But if you start taking a hammer to it just to send it in, you are defeating the purpose of Mark's intentions, and he will be forced to cease to honor his offer. Please keep this as honest as you can, and don't take advantage of a great thing. </div></div>

Just got off the phone with LaRue.....

and I Quote....."break them, he knows what he is doing". Document it and break it....
crazy.gif
</div></div>

E-bay anyone, for arms mounts???

I'd like to hear an objective opinion on the "lawsuit(s)" that precipitated this. Prehaps in another thread in the Bear Pit

the suit in a nutshell:
ARMS patents #17 and makes a mount with that model #

Larue makes a LT-170 mount

ARMS sues.

Mark starts thwacking ARMS's nose over the internet at every possible moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLharris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the suit in a nutshell:
ARMS patents #17 and makes a mount with that model #

Larue makes a LT-170 mount

ARMS sues.

Mark starts thwacking ARMS's nose over the internet at every possible moment. </div></div>

In a better nutshell ...

We were granted a patent for our system ... a good patent, that Swan & Friends immediately challenged. They got a couple of claims knocked-off, but the meat of the patent was left intact. That's what we build our stuff to, our own damn patent.

It appears to the casual observer, us, that after they didn't get the satisfaction of killing our patent, unbeknownst to us, they took the cheesy route of trademarking the numeral 17 and also the shape the shape of the old and well-used M139 / M140 boresight alinement device. The product ours looks like. A product of ours we call part numbers like LT-170, Lt-171, and LT-172.

The USPTO gives it to them ...could be related to the rumor they are using Indian nationals as contract folks for the patent office ... dunno.

Either way, without warning, they sued ... no cease and desist, no nothing, just sued.

It's on, and we're going all the way to the mat.

And unbeknownst to them, they ain't seen nuttin' yet.

LaRue

You know, I currently don't own anything that's got an ARMS lever on it and I think I sold all my Larue stuff with my last couple of AR's, so I've got no dog in this fight, but let me say.

Mr. LaRue, I wish you the best of luck, it's stupid shit like this lawsuit that is killing American innovation, small companies and the small business owners. I hope when it's done they truly regret the decisions they made and fight they started.

Best of luck,
Jason

PS....Love the Dillo Dust, how much is that stuff and is it available in bigger bottles?

If my Atlas weren't on vacation I'd snap its mount for a better product in a heartbeat.
Who knows, it may be home in time to get in on this....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess its official, commence a smashing.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Was thinking the same thing....

6-7 mounts.....ARMS has a PR nightmare on their hands......