• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

Re: Mark Larue has thrown down the guantlet

When I ordered my Atlas, I never even considered getting the 17S. I have been buying Larue products for years and I ordered the LT-171 separately from Larue. Their stuff is top-rate and it is a great company that is worth supporting.

Got my new QD forward grip in the mail today. I love it. Gonna write a revie as soon as all of my arms are working and I can do some shootin'.

same here. sent in some ARMS 22Ls, and got a set of LT-719s

Thanks Mark!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Searching gun shops for ARMS parts tomorrow. </div></div>
To go out and buy just to send them in to have replaced is bull shit in the lightest of the word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Searching gun shops for ARMS parts tomorrow. </div></div>
To go out and buy just to send them in to have replaced is bull shit in the lightest of the word.</div></div>

Right on the mark strangedays. It's baaaaad Karma too.

<span style="color: #CC33CC"><span style="font-size: 11pt">Its Christmas time, and Santa lives in Leander, TX</span>.</span>

I figured I would do a Dillo colored font. Thanks for LT-171 and the Christmas package Mark.

Just got a sweet package from Larue, a brand new LT 680,hat,dillo and dillo dust. The LT 680 beats the A.R.M.S. hands down. It's adjustable and locks. I was more than happy to bust that suck ass 19a for all the trouble it has caused me (mount,rezero,mount,rezero)well you get the idea.

A big thank you to alfred and everyone at Larue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RyanScott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Searching gun shops for ARMS parts tomorrow. </div></div>
To go out and buy just to send them in to have replaced is bull shit in the lightest of the word.</div></div>

That is what I was saying, in my previous post:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLharris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There is certainly what? 20+ page of people who will break an ARMS mount to trade up to a better made larue mount. I know some of those bought ARMS mounts that cost half as much just to get a larue mount cheaper (since I know of someone who did exactly that).

</div></div>

I just had to add my thoughts. I feel that anyone who'd do that is both despicable, and a scumbag. I am sure that you are right in your suggestion/accusation but for one to be called 'a man of integrity', all that is thrown away in doing such acts.

I just had to vent that screwing people over, for the selfishness and advancement of oneself is deplorable.

In the effort of support, how many here are ordering from LaRue, and kicking in a bit extra for the fight?

Or for those companies (here) that support and ship their product to the guys in the sandbox? How many kick in extra for them too?</div></div>

I made a locking shaft for a broken ARMS .#17 platform mount a while back. I thought
for sure it was a knock off but maybe not.

As I said before, doing that is essentially taking money from Mark and injecting it into dick swan's pocket. Not a very noble action in my opinion.

that's why you don't buy new ones. Hell the Larue stuff is cheaper right off the bat for some applications anyway.

If you get them off ebay/pawnshops/etc. I don't think it's such a big deal. However, it would be nice to buy something new from LaRue to support the fight, besides your trade-ins I mean.

I gotta give it to Mark LaRue, i've never given him a cent and he sent me a christmas package with my LT-170 trade in. I can't wait to try that dillo dust.

I haven't bought LaRue stuff before, but I will from now on. As soon as I choose the optics pacakge for my new AR build, i'll be calling LaRue to get my mounting solutions squared away. I know it will be hell-for-stout, reliable, and detachable. Made by a company i'd be proud to support each time I need kit. What more could you want?

From this point on If LaRue sells what I need, I will buy from him. I got a box full of his gear from the ARMS stuff I sent in and they actually upgraded one of the items I sent in. FURTHERMORE, he donated a shit ton of gear to the last Tiger Valley match I shot.

I do have a complete stealth rifle, but I bought that used from a member here.......

Dillo Dust is good stuff....

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I have a lot of experience in new product development and patent issues. First, you can trademark a number in certain circumstances, like Boeing and the 737, 767, etc. In others you can't. Bringing suit to protect your patents and trademarks is the way it's done. You can't selectively chose to sue one possible infringement and not another. Once you knowingly "let someone get away with it" so to speak, you essentially give up the right to sue in the future.

So I have no problem with the original suit. I also have absolutely no problem with what LaRue's doing. I think it's a pretty innovative approach and seems to be pretty successful so far.

To go out and buy just to send them in to have replaced is bull shit in the lightest of the word. </div></div>

As a general rule, I agree. However, I expect Larue took this into consideration and likely wants it to happen. It takes a bunch of ARMS parts out of circulation permanently and replaces them with Larue. Cisco (the networking folks) had a promotion during the dot-com bubble to provide a large discount on gear to replace similar stuff from a competitor (Cascade). The catch? You had to destroy the Cascade gear and provide proof of the destruction. People bought up used Cascade switches, destroyed them for the discount, and Cisco gained more market share for their StrataCom switches. I expect that is the point of this exercise as well.

b

Mounts came in!! Came with a cap bottle tool and stickers. That was great since my friend already stole my cap. I am glad that I upgraded since I did not like the fit of the ARMS mount.

kn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JLharris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the suit in a nutshell:
ARMS patents #17 and makes a mount with that model #

Larue makes a LT-170 mount

ARMS sues.

Mark starts thwacking ARMS's nose over the internet at every possible moment. </div></div>

In a better nutshell ...

We were granted a patent for our system ... a good patent, that Swan & Friends immediately challenged. They got a couple of claims knocked-off, but the meat of the patent was left intact. That's what we build our stuff to, our own damn patent.

It appears to the casual observer, us, that after they didn't get the satisfaction of killing our patent, unbeknownst to us, they took the cheesy route of trademarking the numeral 17 and also the shape the shape of the old and well-used M139 / M140 boresight alinement device. The product ours looks like. A product of ours we call part numbers like LT-170, Lt-171, and LT-172.

The USPTO gives it to them ...could be related to the rumor they are using Indian nationals as contract folks for the patent office ... dunno.

Either way, without warning, they sued ... no cease and desist, no nothing, just sued.

It's on, and we're going all the way to the mat.

And unbeknownst to them, they ain't seen nuttin' yet.

LaRue </div></div>
Seriously I dont even own a product from either manufacturer, but I absolutely know where my money in the future is going. I hate how sue happy everyone is in this country. People need to remember how to earn things. Go Larue! Youll be getting my hard earned dough in the future.
Joel

I just smashed my ARMS 17. It broke way too easy, the aluminum was far more brittle than I expected. I never liked the ARMS 17 anyway, it was always too tight or too loose. I've met La Rue at a 3-gun match and they are GTG. They gave us a ton of free stuff, in including PMAGS and fed us BBQ all day long. Love those guys. I need to get their new .308. The range report from the other thread is extremely impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LaRueTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey y'all,

It's true. I'm sick and fluckin' tired of this chickensh*t practice of late some business owners are doing of suing folks just to impede business and stop competition. So, I went out in the pasture and cut me a nice big limby stick. ;-)

If you have (and some of you do) A.R.M.S. mounts with naturally busted levers, or too loose to trust, then write up what's made them useless and send them in - I'll send you back something of ours that will serve the same purpose.

If you have something of A.R.M.S. that ain't broke - doesn't matter, if you're willing to intentionally bust the lever off, taking and providing before and after pics, then I will do the same for those too, but we'll keep them in separate piles here at the shop. I got a contest going for the intentionally broke pile ... Shotshow will be fun.

Heads-up though - EOTechs and Elcans are built-in, so that's a no-go. When those break, the whole unit has to be sent back to the Elcan or EOTech factory. Can't help ya there.

On a side note, we have completely developed our OBR (formerly OSR, but then we learned of the Optics Swan Rail).

Anyhow, they are shootin' like a house on fire. First bunch of guns goin' to the citizens have averaged .710" 5-shot 100-yard groups with Tubbs precision 175 gr. stuff.

I know there's a bunch of LaRue-kit users on here and subsequently a few LaRue-haters too ... please note that we love you all. ;-)

Merry Christmas to each and every dang one of ya,

ML

Mark LaRue & Co. </div></div>

That is just awesome, you guys are just awesome, I just wish you loved Canadians enough to sell your mounts over the northern border, because I have heard sooo many good things about your mounts!

I'll just dream that one day you guys will cross the border and make all the Canadian boys and girls happy for Christmas day
smile.gif

Thanks,
- Koshy

Well guys I just broke my A.R.M.S. crappy throw lever surefire mount that it came with and I am getting it all packaged up to send in today, I talked to someone at Larue yesterday and they said as long as you get your broken arms stuff in to them before the first day of shot they will send you theirs. Go Larue!
laugh.gif

what is the typical turn around time you guys are experiencing with this? i sent in some broken stuff and ordered some other stuff.... my packaged arrived @ larue on dec. 20th. i need to mount my crap back on my ar's! haha

Your stuff was there during the Christmas and New Year's. It most definitely has been delayed because of this.

chill out brutus. christmas and new years are a busy time. matter of fact i sent in more parts to be replaced around the 21st and getting a package from larue tomorrow

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">THE ARMS MOUNT PROMO IS OVER....</span></span>

If it is postmarked the 7th you are ok....if not.....
frown.gif

I did get my stuff last week from Larue, I came with a dillo!

got a dillo, hat, dust and a replacement forward grip today. Such an improvement.

Another big thanks to Larue, see ya at SHOT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to order some stuff from them so I asked and they said it ended yesterday. </div></div>

crap

my 17s was postmarked the 6th. here's hoping I'll get a replacement.
smile.gif

I broke my A.R.M.S. #22's (they were flimsier than I'd have imagined) and sent them in to Larue for replacement with a SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104. Let me just say, wow. Larue shipped me the new mount, 30mm to 1" inserts, Dillo Dust, Dillo Beverage Entry tool, ball cap, bumper stickers, and a catalog. Way more than I was expecting.

To be clear, I've not bought anything from Larue in the past, so that was mighty gracious of them to hook me up. Larue's level of customer service has acquired my business for life and I'll be heading straight to them for everything I buy which they manufacture from here forward.

Check out the pics me breaking the ARMS and what Larue sent me.

Broken mount and what Larue sent

Thanks Mark!

I've met him several times at Larue Multiguns - he's a standup guy (I ain't no fanboy either, I run LWRC and Noveske.) Those guys couldn't seem to figure out what they were trying to do. Cameras are like tight jeans, although it's legal for everyone to own them, not everybody ought to use 'em!
smile.gif

Every forum has it's share of dumbasses, picking one over the other usually means you just haven't been around the new one long enough to recongnize it's dumbasses!
smile.gif

The ability to think critically is key.