• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mark larue is a great guy

Re: mark larue is a great guy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 33shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OBR's are becoming more popular among LE snipers. How popular I don't know. And I know he made a bunch of rifles for the Texas Rangers.

I think this is a good move. And hope all gun makers do this. It would force otherwise liberal agencies to rethink their policies </div></div>

This is true.

Saw a couple brand new OBR's the other day and while a couple of them have custom parts ~ Were overall very good shooters.

Will be interesting to see what happens but, I agree w/the man.

For the life of me I don't understand how anyone thinks this is a great thing that he is doing. First of all, most LE officers don't agree with the retarded gun laws. Period. I don't care if some piece of shit chief in NYC, California, or any other fucking state agrees with these retarded gun laws. They don't speak for the majority of the officers who think the retarded guns laws are stupid.

I've lived in NJ pretty much my whole life. If I have an AR that I use for work, I want to have the best equipment in my arsenal to PROTECT the people I swore to protect. However, my personally owned AR complies to all of the retarded NJ laws that every other gun owner does. That's the way it should be. How come the military has no restrictions and they could have anything they want to fight for their country, yet I can't have the same 30 round mags to protect my fellow citizens.

Wake up people. Us PoPo aren't the enemy. Stop taking it out on us when we didn't do anything wrong. There are better ways of fighting this retarded gun law. The piece of shit politicians are winning because we are fighting each other and we are divided. That's what they want.

That depends. Have you decided if you would follow the order to confiscate law abiding citizens guns when it is given?

Just curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How come the military has no restrictions and they could have anything they want to fight for their country, yet I can't have the same 30 round mags to protect my fellow citizens.

</div></div>

How come your fellow citizen can't have the same 30 round mag to protect themselves?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That depends. Have you decided if you would follow the order to confiscate law abiding citizens guns when it is given?

Just curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How come the military has no restrictions and they could have anything they want to fight for their country, yet I can't have the same 30 round mags to protect my fellow citizens.

</div></div>

How come your fellow citizen can't have the same 30 round mag to protect themselves? </div></div>

No, I will not enforce that order. We'be had these retarded restrictions in NJ for years and I never once arrested or confiscated anything from anyone when I was at the range, even when range officers came up to me and wanted me to do something about it. I said the laws are retarded and I don't enforce stupid laws.

I think citizens should be allowed to have 30 round mags. I didn't come up with the law, nor do I support it, nor do enforce it, as I indicted above.

And I had this discussion with most of my co-workers and we are all in agreement.

After reading several times over I gather that many LEO's who have responded don't feel Mark Larue has the right to sell products from the company he owns to whomever he prefers??? Most claim they support the 2nd Amendment but I guess seem to want to deny Mark Larue that same benefit?

When you see/hear of hundreds of Mayors and Police Chiefs supporting POS Bloomberg and his one sided agenda, speaking against and paying for ads and radio/tv time to the Libs and the majority of those watching CNN etc people gather that if the Mayors and Chiefs are for it then the Dept is for it!!

So instead of you LEO's telling everyone here that Mark Larue doesn't have a right to sell to whomever he wants perhaps, just perhaps you should be barking up another flippin tree you think? If the majority of LE is indeed against the upcoming proposed Anti semi auto ban(I won't call them assault rifles because they aren't and I will let the media have that tid bit for propaganda) maybe you should get off your collective ass's and tell your Chiefs and Mayors to cram THEIR OPINION and any related agenda up their collective ass???? Instead of bitching to members here and proclaiming Mark Larue has NO RIGHT, do something yourselves!!! If you are chicken shit and scared of losing your jobs for speaking out vs part of your Constitution then I sincerely hope for your lack of efforts you end up with a whistle and a piece of oak! Oh, and a radio/cell phone!

Now you can bitch at me and call me anti LEO but you don't know shit about me and what I have done in the past so save your breath. Not going to offend me anyways!

Respectfully,
Dennis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading several times over I gather that many LEO's who have responded don't feel Mark Larue has the right to sell products from the company he owns to whomever he prefers??? Most claim they support the 2nd Amendment but I guess seem to want to deny Mark Larue that same benefit?

When you see/hear of hundreds of Mayors and Police Chiefs supporting POS Bloomberg and his one sided agenda, speaking against and paying for ads and radio/tv time to the Libs and the majority of those watching CNN etc people gather that if the Mayors and Chiefs are for it then the Dept is for it!!

So instead of you LEO's telling everyone here that Mark Larue doesn't have a right to sell to whomever he wants perhaps, just perhaps you should be barking up another flippin tree you think? If the majority of LE is indeed against the upcoming proposed Anti semi auto ban(I won't call them assault rifles because they aren't and I will let the media have that tid bit for propaganda) maybe you should get off your collective ass's and tell your Chiefs and Mayors to cram THEIR OPINION and any related agenda up their collective ass???? Instead of bitching to members here and proclaiming Mark Larue has NO RIGHT, do something yourselves!!! If you are chicken shit and scared of losing your jobs for speaking out vs part of your Constitution then I sincerely hope for your lack of efforts you end up with a whistle and a piece of oak! Oh, and a radio/cell phone!

Now you can bitch at me and call me anti LEO but you don't know shit about me and what I have done in the past so save your breath. Not going to offend me anyways!

Respectfully,
Dennis </div></div>

Who said that Larue doesn't have the right to do what he is doing? We don't agree with it. Just like we don't agree with the stupid gun laws.

We have a name for those hundreds of chiefs you speak up that are supporting those gun laws. We call them Politicians with a gun. They aren't cops any more. So don't lump us together.

I think what he is doing is great. I also think LEO agencies should not be exempt from firearm laws, on the job or off.

In a perfect world, firearm manufactures would not sell equipment to LEOs that is not available to the general public.

SDWhirlwind - well said. I would suspect that the vast majority of folks here on this forum are very supportive of LEO; and many of us are former LEO or Military ourselves. I would also suspect that nearly all here are pro Second Amendment and very opposed to the legislation and regulation that is being pushed by the Obama Adminstration, and the rest of the anti-gun rights crowd. Many of us have certainly contacted our legislators to voice our opposition to these proposals; and voiced clear alternatives that would actually reduce gun violence in our society - helping LEO maintain the peace. But on balance, the American public is largely hearing the message loud and clear from the Administration saying that Law Enforcement supports the gun bans because they're the ones on camera with the President, and they're the only ones being vocal.

I think LaRue's point is that one of the strongest counterpoints to the gun rights voices being raised is the SUPPORT of administration proposals coming from the politically appointed police chiefs that the Administration and the anti-gun (campaign) propoganda apparatus is trumpeting so loudly in the media. So your colleagues/supervisors ARE ALREADY speaking for you, and saying that they support bans (implying that YOU SUPPORT BANS AS WELL). That is being slightly countered by the many publicly elected sheriffs who are opposing the restriction of rights for law abiding citizens.

If rank and file LEO in these big city departments are so supportive of the Second Amendment, and truly opposed to these restrictions; then let your voices be heard. If you do not support the gun ban agend, why do you let the Chiefs speak for you? Why the silence? Don't rail against the few companies that are choosing to take a stand and support the average joe; speak out against this frontal assault on our rights. And if you support the gun bans, then just say so. Don't hide behind the chiefs and cry wolf that everyone hates you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what he is doing is great. I also think LEO agencies should not be exempt from firearm laws, on the job or off.

In a perfect world, firearm manufactures would not sell equipment to LEOs that is not available to the general public. </div></div>

While you are entitled to your opinion, these are the comments that make it hard to continue posting on gun forums. Thanks for adding to the us vs them bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTSEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SDWhirlwind - well said. I would suspect that the vast majority of folks here on this forum are very supportive of LEO; and many of us are former LEO or Military ourselves. I would also suspect that nearly all here are pro Second Amendment and very opposed to the legislation and regulation that is being pushed by the Obama Adminstration, and the rest of the anti-gun rights crowd. Many of us have certainly contacted our legislators to voice our opposition to these proposals; and voiced clear alternatives that would actually reduce gun violence in our society - helping LEO maintain the peace. But on balance, the American public is largely hearing the message loud and clear from the Administration saying that Law Enforcement supports the gun bans because they're the ones on camera with the President, and they're the only ones being vocal.

I think LaRue's point is that one of the strongest counterpoints to the gun rights voices being raised is the SUPPORT of administration proposals coming from the politically appointed police chiefs that the Administration and the anti-gun (campaign) propoganda apparatus is trumpeting so loudly in the media. So your colleagues/supervisors ARE ALREADY speaking for you, and saying that they support bans (implying that YOU SUPPORT BANS AS WELL). That is being slightly countered by the many publicly elected sheriffs who are opposing the restriction of rights for law abiding citizens.

If rank and file LEO in these big city departments are so supportive of the Second Amendment, and truly opposed to these restrictions; then let your voices be heard. If you do not support the gun ban agend, why do you let the Chiefs speak for you? Why the silence? Don't rail against the few companies that are choosing to take a stand and support the average joe; speak out against this frontal assault on our rights. And if you support the gun bans, then just say so. Don't hide behind the chiefs and cry wolf that everyone hates you.

</div></div>

We have as much control over what our chiefs say and think as much as you have control over what your elected politicians say.

Half of Americns already want tougher gun laws and support this retarded ban. Politicians obviously also support this retarded gun laws. We the PoPo, the actual street cops, not the politicians with guns, don't support these gun laws, yet so many people on this site and other gun sites are turning this into an anti-cop thing whether you guys realize it or not. That's smart. Lets turn in the few people that share the same thoughts and beliefs as you do. This is going to end well. Unbelievable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what he is doing is great. I also think LEO agencies should not be exempt from firearm laws, on the job or off.

In a perfect world, firearm manufactures would not sell equipment to LEOs that is not available to the general public. </div></div>

While you are entitled to your opinion, these are the comments that make it hard to continue posting on gun forums. Thanks for adding to the us vs them bullshit.</div></div>

I know many LEO on this site are truly progun but still many LEO are not progun. If I was in that postion I would not sell to LE in states that limit its citizens. I would also put Civi orders ahead of Gov/mil orders.

I am very pro LE but we are in dark days and the storm is still getting closer. If you are not for us you are agin' us. You arn;t agnn' us are you boy?

I'm beginning to wonder who is more fucked up. The retarded politicians who came up with these rediculous laws or the gun owner's who are turning on the cops. Can someone again explain why we are the enemy? For some reason I'm not understanding the reasoning behind Larue's plan or the gun owners who support his plan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what he is doing is great. I also think LEO agencies should not be exempt from firearm laws, on the job or off.

While you are entitled to your opinion, these are the comments that make it hard to continue posting on gun forums. Thanks for adding to the us vs them bullshit.</div></div>

I know many LEO on this site are truly progun but still many LEO are not progun. If I was in that postion I would not sell to LE in states that limit its citizens. I would also put Civi orders ahead of Gov/mil orders.

I am very pro LE but we are in dark days and the storm is still getting closer. If you are not for us you are agin' us. You arn;t agnn' us are you boy? </div></div>

Thanks to ignorant posts like this and all of the other ignorant posts in this thread, for the first time in my life, I'm actually questioning which side I should be on.

We have as much control over what our chiefs say and think as much as you have control over what your elected politicians say. </div></div>

paulosantos - My argument is not that you can/should be able to change or control what your chief says. Nor that Mark LaRue will change it with his policy. What I am saying is that the public is only hearing from the chiefs, not the rank and file.

Paulo, you are a fantastic spokesman. You're an excellent teacher who has spread wisdom from your experience for years on this an other forums. I'd bet that you do the same at work, and people respect you for your knowledge and experience. We need police officers like you making their voice heard in support of gun rights nationwide.

America is hearing from police chiefs every day on news articles and commercials, thanks to the gun ban machine. We're hearing occasional news stories about Sheriffs standing up to the politicians. But there is a deafening silence coming from the mainstream law enforcement officers; and the Administration is implying that means that mainstream police support the ban. Where is the FOP coming out against the ban? Where is the senator saying he got 1,000 calls from cops saying they oppose new gun legislation? Where is a petition opposing an AWB and magazine size restrictions signed by tens of thousands of police officers being delivered to the White House and Senate?

Paulo,

The problem is that it takes a statement like this from companies like him to make LEO wake up and pay attention. You mentioned your personal weapon is compliant but, you still have your unrestricted duty weapon to use and play with. Now that weapon is being restricted and all of a sudden, it's your problem too. Welcome to our world of frustration. Having to abide by rules you don't think are "fair". If you don't like it, I suggest you stand up and join law abiding citizens in the fight to keep their 2nd Amendment rights by being more outspoken for your beliefs.

Local law enforcement is an enforcement tool of local elected officials, county for county, state for state etc.....

Obama holds a news conference with a dozen law enforcement officials behind him. Rahm Emanuel does the same. Bloomberg does the same etc......

Instead of going along to keep their jobs, the LE community needs(IMO) to tell all politicians who want to rewrite the constitution as they see fit for the geography for which they have elected power to infringe on the 2nd ammendment rights of the citizens that they do not agree and will not support it.

If as you say all the LE you know is against it then send that message loud and proud to your elected officials instead of us here on SH where it does no good toward stopping the loss of our rights.

Mark LaRue is on the sharp end taking the stand for what he believes in.

As far as the MIL/Fed being exempt:
1) I'm sure there is a legal contract in place.
2) He's not trying to prevent our troops from being able to defend against foreign threats rather, domestic oppression of law abiding citizens

PS: I'm a confirmed non-fanboy but am now going to order 4 x LT104's for my air rifles in support of this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm beginning to wonder who is more fucked up. The retarded politicians who came up with these rediculous laws or the gun owner's who are turning on the cops. Can someone again explain why we are the enemy? For some reason I'm not understanding the reasoning behind Larue's plan or the gun owners who support his plan. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm beginning to wonder who is more fucked up. The retarded politicians who came up with these rediculous laws or the gun owner's who are turning on the cops. Can someone again explain why we are the enemy? For some reason I'm not understanding the reasoning behind Larue's plan or the gun owners who support his plan. </div></div>

There are numerous things being said in this thread that you are "not understanding". You're the one turning this into an us vs them issue!!!! Which is normally the case. Just because someone doesn't agree with you they are "anti LEO" or "cop bashing"? BULLSHIT!! Not the case, maybe listen and comprehend vs flap yer lip! I am not nor have I read anything against LE in general. Guess I don't 'get it' because I am "anti LEO", or at least that is what you want to think because I and the majority of others posting on this thread don't agree with you.

Get your collective asses together and go public with disagreeing with the big Chief or Mayor. Grow a pair and stand up for what you believe in publicly vs typing shit on a keyboard to people you don't know! Every Sheriff in CO got together and signed a petition and they are elected! They can get fired so what makes them different then you? If you don't agree with your Chief/Mayor and their stupid to you "politics" then MOVE!! How many Sheriff's have publicly stated or written letters in their local papers etc very publicly? How many groups of officers have gotten together and made a public statement??

Prove to us stupid "anti LEO" citizens without a flippin clue that you have a pair instead of a bunch of smoke and a keyboard, in other words shit or get off the pot!!!

Sorry for being so blunt but you're expecting an ass kissing because of your occupation and seeing as that isn't happening you're now pissed, pouting and name calling!!! Grow up! We sure as hell can't "all be together" when you keep insinutating we are stupid, ignorant and misinformed. AGAIN, I haven't read anything that is against LE. Guess my reading comprehension is lacking?....or?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paulo,

The problem is that it takes a statement like this from companies like him to make LEO wake up and pay attention. You mentioned your personal weapon is compliant but, you still have your unrestricted duty weapon to use and play with. Now that weapon is being restricted and all of a sudden, it's your problem too. Welcome to our world of frustration. Having to abide by rules you don't think are "fair". </div></div>

Sorry man, but there has got to be a better way to do this without taking it out on us or using us for some political reasons. You have to understand that many of us cops who have been around the gun forums for years have had issues with Larue and we have felt for years that he was anti-LE, so this only adds to the already fragile relationship.

Politicians(criminals IMO) use the LE community every day like a tool to push their gun control agenda and it's very effective as John Q Public sees this as a stamp of approval. And it appears in the media that LE goes along with it quite nicely.

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Thanks to ignorant posts like this and all of the other ignorant posts in this thread, for the first time in my life, I'm actually questioning which side I should be on. </span> </div></div>

Now there is an intelligent post comparable to something an 8 yr old would say!!!! Who do you work for and what rank???? This comment is worth about .25 cents allowance, not a salary!

Also CONGRATULATIONS, you are the first in this thread to state that because everyone isn't agreeing with you and worshipping your job choice that you NEED to take sides. Seriously you want anyone to take you serious after saying this????

Again sorry for being so blunt but your really starting to piss me off with your lack of comprehension and temper tantrum!!!

If all the 'ground pounders' got together and told MR CHIEF to go public with how their Dept really feels/believes or they walk there would be a difference! As I said GROW A PAIR. They are being political so you guys make it political and public. My bet is most cities, etc will support the faces they see everyday and not the Chief NUT with a personal agenda. MAKE IT PUBLIC!!!

Edit to add...I am done with this, I refuse to argue with someone who doesn't know shit about me and thinks if I don't agree with everything they say I am against them!!! To insinuate that I or anyone else that has posted on this thread is against LE is total BS and could actually make some of us start to beleive/feel that indeed it is US vs THEM! DONE! DONE! DONE! GROW UP!!

ML is letting law enforcement agencies make their own choices. Nothing wrong with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTSEAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We have as much control over what our chiefs say and think as much as you have control over what your elected politicians say. </div></div>

paulosantos - My argument is not that you can/should be able to change or control what your chief says. Nor that Mark LaRue will change it with his policy. What I am saying is that the public is only hearing from the chiefs, not the rank and file.

Paulo, you are a fantastic spokesman. You're an excellent teacher who has spread wisdom from your experience for years on this an other forums. I'd bet that you do the same at work, and people respect you for your knowledge and experience. We need police officers like you making their voice heard in support of gun rights nationwide.

America is hearing from police chiefs every day on news articles and commercials, thanks to the gun ban machine. We're hearing occasional news stories about Sheriffs standing up to the politicians. But there is a deafening silence coming from the mainstream law enforcement officers; and the Administration is implying that means that mainstream police support the ban. Where is the FOP coming out against the ban? Where is the senator saying he got 1,000 calls from cops saying they oppose new gun legislation? Where is a petition opposing an AWB and magazine size restrictions signed by tens of thousands of police officers being delivered to the White House and Senate? </div></div>

I fully understand what you are saying. I'm hoping that the PBA's and FOP's come up with some plan for dealing with this. Unfortunately most politicians and even the chiefs don't give a crap what our opinions are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paulo,

The problem is that it takes a statement like this from companies like him to make LEO wake up and pay attention. You mentioned your personal weapon is compliant but, you still have your unrestricted duty weapon to use and play with. Now that weapon is being restricted and all of a sudden, it's your problem too. Welcome to our world of frustration. Having to abide by rules you don't think are "fair". </div></div>

Sorry man, but there has got to be a better way to do this without taking it out on us or using us for some political reasons. You have to understand that many of us cops who have been around the gun forums for years have had issues with Larue and we have felt for years that he was anti-LE, so this only adds to the already fragile relationship. </div></div>

If you know of a better way, I'm all ears. I don't see it being taken out on you if you're not part of the problem.
I understand your position perfectly, the problem is you're just starting to understand ours. If you think LaRue is anti-LE then maybe you should look at why. Remember, he is just a plain ol' citizen like me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Thanks to ignorant posts like this and all of the other ignorant posts in this thread, for the first time in my life, I'm actually questioning which side I should be on. </span> </div></div>

Now there is an intelligent post comparable to something an 8 yr old would say!!!! Who do you work for and what rank???? This comment is worth about .25 cents allowance, not a salary!

Also CONGRATULATIONS, you are the first in this thread to state that because everyone isn't agreeing with you and worshipping your job choice that you NEED to take sides. Seriously you want anyone to take you serious after saying this????

Again sorry for being so blunt but your really starting to piss me off with your lack of comprehension and temper tantrum!!!

Edit to add...I am done with this, I refuse to argue with someone who doesn't know shit about me and thinks if I don't agree with everything they say I am against them!!! To insinuate that I or anyone else that has posted on this thread is against LE is total BS and could actually make some of us start to beleive/feel that indeed it is US vs THEM! DONE! DONE! DONE! GROW UP!! </div></div>

LOL. I was being sarcastic. Sorry you wasted your time with such a long post. It was actually pretty good one though. LOL.

IMO I think the press release confirms it, the relationship is over!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paulo,

Sorry man, but there has got to be a better way to do this without taking it out on us or using us for some political reasons. You have to understand that many of us cops who have been around the gun forums for years have had issues with Larue and we have felt for years that he was anti-LE, so this only adds to the already fragile relationship. </div></div>

I work the grave yard shift and put my life on the line every night so others can sleep safe. I do this because its my calling. I also will never see the kind of money the LaRue makes.

I know that LaRue's new marketing scheme sounds great and will make some feel warm and fuzzy. However it won't accomplish shit. It is nothing more than a marketing strategy aimed at liberal local governments.

If he wants to make a real statement exclude every one who wants to take our rights away not just the liberal states that won't buy much from him anyway.

I see it from all sides, political, liberal, conservative and don't forget the criminals. Get involved, fire some dirt bag politicians. If I have learned anything about politics its that both sides are full of shit. They can only see as far as their paychecks and kickbacks. Fire them all. Stop buying into marketing like this. This is way more serious than LaRue's silly I won't sell my stuff to you (unless you are Feds or Military which is also federal).

The federal political machine is the worst at doing anything. They fail because they do not have to be successful to remain in office. They do not have to have obama care. They are not forced to walk the streets alone without armed S.S. protection detail.

Answer this, how many politicians have become millionaires from representing the poor? More than I can count. So go ahead Mr. LaRue be sure to exclude the feds when you pic and choose. This whole thing is retarded. I can't believe I even wasted my time typing this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdr724</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO I think the press release confirms it, the relationship is over!

Sorry man, but there has got to be a better way to do this without taking it out on us or using us for some political reasons. You have to understand that many of us cops who have been around the gun forums for years have had issues with Larue and we have felt for years that he was anti-LE, so this only adds to the already fragile relationship. </div></div> </div></div>

LOL. I don't know why, but this was actually funny.

Looks to me like he's getting what needs done accomplished. He's pissing off LEO who would more than likely have stayed completely and utterly silent, who might not start talking to their superiors and taking them to task...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paulo,

If you know of a better way, I'm all ears. I don't see it being taken out on you if you're not part of the problem.
I understand your position perfectly, the problem is you're just starting to understand ours. If you think LaRue is anti-LE then maybe you should look at why. Remember, he is just a plain ol' citizen like me. </div></div>

Years ago, Larue got into it with and officer on BARFCOM that started a shit storm and many officers turned on him for how he treated the officer on a public forum and what happened after that behind the scenes. I know the officer that was involved and I'm not going to discuss it further. Let's just say that I will never support Larue again. I personally think there is a hidden agenda behind this with Larue.

I wish I knew of a better way to handle this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adrenaline junkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks to me like he's getting what needs done accomplished. He's pissing off LEO who would more than likely have stayed completely and utterly silent, who might not start talking to their superiors and taking them to task... </div></div>

We were already talking about this ban before Larue posted his crap. If anything comes of this, it isn't because Larue had anything to do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I understand this correctly, he is imposing the same limitations on Law Enforcement as the FEDERAL Governemwnt is imposing on it's citizens? Kind of shitty IMHO, being a street cop and having to be around them all day almost everyday I can tell you I haven't met one that agrees with what's going on FEDERALLY...he may gain a few customers by doing this but will also lose a few, including mine.

Sorry Mark, you're standing up for what you feel is right but I don't feel like what you are doing is necessarily right either. It's your business and you have every right to run it the way you wish but, two wrongs don't make a right. It really doesn't make you or your business any better then the administration. If you think some how by limiting us service or product on a state or local level that we will RISE UP and tell the government "this is back firing, it's hurting us now" and they will start to second guess their ways, you are dilusional. </div></div>

Being a street cop makes you special? Cool, take your business elsewhere. If you think that is gonna make a difference to Larue, you are delusional. Only one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what he is doing is great. I also think LEO agencies should not be exempt from firearm laws, on the job or off.

While you are entitled to your opinion, these are the comments that make it hard to continue posting on gun forums. Thanks for adding to the us vs them bullshit. </div></div>

If you don't believe it's "us vs them" then you just aren't paying attention. Less time posting on internet forums would probably be a positive for you. Try it. See how it works for you.

2 different threads and both trying to defend Larue's sales gimmick. Reality... He's cutting maybe 5% of his overall sales and that's being generous, but he knows he'll increase his primary civilian sales by 10% which is his bread and butter. If he really gave a shit about making a statement to the Politicians or Government he'd cut off Federal sales as well. But a bunch of you go ahead and keep making excuses for him and looking to blame LEO for the current climate.

It's still a sales gimmick and anyone that uses an ounce of common sense should see it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomer@#$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think what he is doing is great. I also think LEO agencies should not be exempt from firearm laws, on the job or off.

While you are entitled to your opinion, these are the comments that make it hard to continue posting on gun forums. Thanks for adding to the us vs them bullshit. </div></div>

If you don't believe it's "us vs them" then you just aren't paying attention. Less time posting on internet forums would probably be a positive for you. Try it. See how it works for you. </div></div>

I guess I don't see it and thanks, but I rarely spend any time on the Internet gun forums ghese days.

I'm a cop.

I dont see what LaRue is doing as anti cop.

My experience is that the majority of my co workers disagree with proposed legislation.

If you are in a fight with a criminal I see no need for the fight to be fair. If the criminal has a .22 break top H&R and the M60 tank ensures the officers go home safely use the M60. I dont think LaRue is trying to take advantage away from police in that scenario.

In terms of law abiding citizens and our Republic the system of checks and balances does not work if the law abiding public does not have a fighting chance. If "citizens" only have Thompson Center Contenders and the police have OBR's the Republic has been broken. I hope this is what motivates LaRue (there may also be some concern about loss of "civilian" sales but hey he is an entrepreneur).

Remember I am a cop. Still, I love the bitching from the NY retirees/active law enforcement finding out they are not exempt from the SAFE act. I dont think they deserve that restriction but neither does the law abiding Joe. I hope those officers turn that resentment toward those that brought the ban into play.

When police become active advocates against the SAFE Act the fence sitter is likely to give their opinion some weight because after all this fight is couched as a way to make officers safer why are so many police saying they are now at greater risk? Its because the criminal does not obey the SAFE Act restrictions.

When I talk to fence sitters and they find out what I do I can see the light of reason turn on when I explain my thoughts on gun bans. Sadly they often say something like "I'm so happy to hear you talk this way, it surprises me" or "I thought you guys were for restricting guns". My job doesnt represent the anti personal freedom agenda but all these politicized chiefs with the generals stars certainly make it look that way.

You know that "exemption" will bring lethargy. Im thinking the fight against the SAFE Act was strengthened when all those retired PO realized "I have to get rid of my mags and carry 7?"

LaRues point is that they will not recognize exemptions. The banners need to realize the life of the law abiding citizen is as important as their own. If Cuomo needs AR's so does Joe Blow. More importantly the health of our Republic requires that if the police need AR's so does the law abiding Joe Blow.

My only critical point with LaRue is his stilll allowing Fed sales. I guess he is alright because the Feds havent passed anything yet but there will be no LaRue if the Fed ban does occur. I doubt Fed sales alone will keep him afloat. He might as well go on record now that he will not support infringement at any level.

I work in public safety, and I drive around the same ghettos the cops do, and enter the same project dwellings at all hours of the night COMPLETELY UNARMED. Been doing it for over a decade, in the "murder capital" of my state. The cops are just about as far from us time-wise as they are from the average citizen.

That's why I do feel strongly that the citizens should be entitled to own any weapon that the municipal police force can own. I did not see the LAPD storming that crazed lunatics house with revolvers and shotguns. They carried select-fire AR15s with 30 round magazines. But in all likelihood who will be the first person to encounter such a criminal? A cop? Or a citizen? When I am off-duty I live, breathe, and walk among the same enemies the police face. And I do it without the luxury of a bullet-proof vest and a vast communication network to back me up.

There should be no argument for the police to own such weapons, the argument should be that we all need such weapons. I understand the nature of the appointed "token" wearing so-called cops that stood behind obama. And I support and work shoulder-to-shoulder with the street cops of my area. But Larue is right, and they should extend the limit to federal sales as well, just not military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a cop.

My experience is that the majority of my co workers disagree with proposed legislation.

If you are in a fight with a criminal I see no need for the fight to be fair. If the criminal has a .22 break top H&R and the M60 tank ensures the officers go home safely use the M60. I dont think LaRue is trying to take advantage away from police in that scenario.

In terms of law abiding citizens and our Republic the system of checks and balances does not work if the law abiding public does not have a fighting chance. If "citizens" only have Thompson Center Contenders and the police have OBR's the Republic has been broken. I hope this is what motivates LaRue (there may also be some concern about loss of "civilian" sales but hey he is an entrepreneur).

Remember I am a cop. Still, I love the bitching from the NY retirees/active law enforcement finding out they are not exempt from the SAFE act. I dont think they deserve that restriction but neither does the law abiding Joe. I hope those officers turn that resentment toward those that brought the ban into play.

When police become active advocates against the SAFE Act the fence sitter is likely to give their opinion some weight because after all this fight is couched as a way to make officers safer why are so many police saying they are now at greater risk? Its because the criminal does not obey the SAFE Act restrictions.

When I talk to fence sitters and they find out what I do I can see the light of reason turn on when I explain my thoughts on gun bans. Sadly they often say something like "I'm so happy to hear you talk this way, it surprises me" or "I thought you guys were for restricting guns". My job doesnt represent the anti personal freedom agenda but all these politicized chiefs with the generals stars certainly make it look that way.

You know that "exemption" will bring lethargy. Im thinking the fight against the SAFE Act was strengthened when all those retired PO realized "I have to get rid of my mags and carry 7?"

LaRues point is that they will not recognize exemptions. The banners need to realize the life of the law abiding citizen is as important as their own. If Cuomo needs AR's so does Joe Blow. More importantly the health of our Republic requires that if the police need AR's so does the law abiding Joe Blow.

My only critical point with LaRue is his stilll allowing Fed sales. I guess he is alright because the Feds havent passed anything yet but there will be no LaRue if the Fed ban does occur. I doubt Fed sales alone will keep him afloat. He might as well go on record now that he will not support infringement at any level. </div></div>

Knowing Larue and his anti-LE crap that he has pulled in the past, he is using this opportunity to stick it to us. Years ago when cops started turning on him on BARFCOM, he would trash anyone that challenged him. He's not losing any business by doing this. Instead of selling stuff to cops and LE agencies, he's just going to sell it to civilians. So by acting like he is standing up for the PEOPLE, he is hoping to make new fans. Kind of smart actually on his part, but in my eyes, Larue has been a piece of shit for many years now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm a cop.

My only critical point with LaRue is his stilll allowing Fed sales. I guess he is alright because the Feds havent passed anything yet but there will be no LaRue if the Fed ban does occur. I doubt Fed sales alone will keep him afloat. He might as well go on record now that he will not support infringement at any level. </div></div>

Knowing Larue and his anti-LE crap that he has pulled in the past, he is using this opportunity to stick it to us. Years ago when cops started turning on him on BARFCOM, he would trash anyone that challenged him. He's not losing any business by doing this. Instead of selling stuff to cops and LE agencies, he's just going to sell it to civilians. So by acting like he is standing up for the PEOPLE, he is hoping to make new fans. Kind of smart actually on his part, but in my eyes, Larue has been a piece of shit for many years now. </div></div>

You know a backstory Im not familiar with.

I can only take his story at face value. An idea such as his motivated by the pure reasons of opposing the AWB I can agree with.

Despite being a cop Im not concerned with the hassle this may cause individual officers. I am more concerned about the harm the AWB will do to our Republic.

There is a perfect storm of events currently occuring that the never let a crisis go to waste crowd is using (winning an election, Newtown, Dorner, severe weather). All this crap is being used to take away the BOR. Dont lose track that the guy in charge has criticized the USC for putting in place restrictions on what he can do.

In any fight the enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine.

I'd like to make 2 points here.

1) I highly doubt LaRue is hurting for sales considering his current waits for a rifle. I was quoted at about 6-8 months BEFORE the panic in December and 12-14 in early January.

If you do the math, even in your head, they're pretty set for the next 12-14 months barring any laws changing.

So let's be honest, this isn't going to impact their sales at all...They'll be making enough dough off of civilians alone that I don't think LaRue has a financial worry in his being.

2) I was talking to my lawyer about this the other night and there are actually some MAJOR legal issues right now in selling to LE's vs. Civilians.

Take off the table Mark's beliefs and put forward the new laws that have been introduced/passed in the past 6 weeks and the laws that will be passed in the next year.

Quite frankly, nobody has enough money to combat a wrongful death lawsuit right now, even with the orders piling up; much less, selling illegal weapons to a state like NY.

NY's laws didn't cover LE's for over a month, in fact, if you read the CURRENT revisions, most of the laws LE's needed, still weren't amended.

Ultimately, I understand their stance...If they sell a weapon to a LE in NY that's illegal, Cuomo has already stated he'll take down that manufacturer. Is his business worth 1 LE getting a rifle?

If LaRue builds a civilian-legal rifle for that LE, there are 0 issues because he's now complied with the literature of the law...So, nobody can actually sue him.

~

I think all of the LE's in this thread are going a tad too far with assumptions and what-not...If you really want the Flash Hider, Adjustable stock etc...Buy it yourself like the rest of us do...Regardless of if you're above the law or not, you're not above someone's ability to do business and pay their employees...Nobody is.

How is it turning on cops to say they shouldn't have anything civilians can't?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm beginning to wonder who is more fucked up. The retarded politicians who came up with these rediculous laws or the gun owner's who are turning on the cops. Can someone again explain why we are the enemy? For some reason I'm not understanding the reasoning behind Larue's plan or the gun owners who support his plan. </div></div>

How is it turning on cops to say they shouldn't have anything civilians can't? </div></div>

Why aren't we turning on the Military also? I'd like to have an Mk248. A Predator would kind of cool also. I like remote control things. LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm beginning to wonder who is more fucked up. The retarded politicians who came up with these rediculous laws or the gun owner's who are turning on the cops. Can someone again explain why we are the enemy? For some reason I'm not understanding the reasoning behind Larue's plan or the gun owners who support his plan. </div></div>

How is it turning on cops to say they shouldn't have anything civilians can't? </div></div>

Why aren't we turning on the Military also? I'd like to have an Mk248. A Predator would kind of cool also. I like remote control things. LOL. </div></div>

So you don't care that if LaRue illegally sells you a weapon because politicians are stupid and don't cover all of the laws...That he could basically lose his business?

Read the NY laws carefully AND the amendments made.

LEOs STILL aren't exempt from 1/2 the laws they asked to be.

He's supposed to risk his business, for YOU when he has thousands of civilian orders and employees to pay?

Again, if you want the flash hider, the collapsible stock etc, go buy it yourself...You're not above his business.

I guess being from Jersey, I have a different mentality. I don't understand the "if we can't have it, neither should you." I'm happy that people in PA and states all across the country don't have the same retarded gun laws that we have here in NJ and NY. So I don't get the mentality that me as a cop, I should only have the same thing that everyone else has on our duty weapons.

For my personal weapons, I agree that I should only have the same thing that every other gun owner in my state has, but if I get sent on a school shooting, I want the best possible gear at my disposal to protect the innocent. I wish I could have the same weapons at home, but I have to make due with what I am allowed to have, which is an AR with a fixed stock, permanently attached muzzle brake, and 15 round mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Masked</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm beginning to wonder who is more fucked up. The retarded politicians who came up with these rediculous laws or the gun owner's who are turning on the cops. Can someone again explain why we are the enemy? For some reason I'm not understanding the reasoning behind Larue's plan or the gun owners who support his plan. </div></div>

Why aren't we turning on the Military also? I'd like to have an Mk248. A Predator would kind of cool also. I like remote control things. LOL. </div></div>

So you don't care that if LaRue illegally sells you a weapon because politicians are stupid and don't cover all of the laws...That he could basically lose his business?

Read the NY laws carefully AND the amendments made.

LEOs STILL aren't exempt from 1/2 the laws they asked to be.

He's supposed to risk his business, for YOU when he has thousands of civilian orders and employees to pay?

Again, if you want the flash hider, the collapsible stock etc, go buy it yourself...You're not above his business. </div></div>

I'm not asking Larue to brake any laws. Last time I checked those laws don't apply here in NJ. He could still sell magazines and AR's to my PD if we ordered them without getting jacked up. The problem I'm having with Larue is that I don't believe for one second that he is being genuine with what he is doing. There is a hidden agenda.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess being from Jersey, I have a different mentality. I don't understand the "if we can't have it, neither should you." I'm happy that people in PA and states all across the country don't have the same retarded gun laws that we have here in NJ and NY. So I don't get the mentality that me as a cop, I should only have the same thing that everyone else has on our duty weapons.

For my personal weapons, I agree that I should only have the same thing that every other gun owner in my state has, but if I get sent on a school shooting, I want the best possible gear at my disposal to protect the innocent. I wish I could have the same weapons at home, but I have to make due with what I am allowed to have, which is an AR with a fixed stock, permanently attached muzzle brake, and 15 round mags. </div></div>

I get that and I understand your stance but, there's a business at stake, ultimately.

If he sells to the wrong person, for example say Cuomo ordered a gun, himself, and LaRue is off on 1 item, say he swaps a Muzzle Brake for a Flash Hider and ships it off with the Hider...He's essentially just lost his business.

I'm not necessarily part of the we can't have it so, you shouldn't crowd but, I am a business owner so, I really do get his stance.

It takes 1 fuck-up. 1 law that was improperly written. 1 law that was improperly read.

For that reason alone, if he sticks to the civilian laws, he's 100% safe.

NY is the PERFECT example of this because again, they fucked up TWICE and LEO's still aren't exempt from SOME of the laws they asked to be exempt from.

If it's your duty weapon ~ A flash hider is $75 for a good one, collapsing stock is $100 for a good one...Tell your department you need these items and if they're not willing to pay for it, pay for it yourself and swap them.

It's genuinely not worth losing a business over 1 individual or LEO because nobody understands the laws in that state.

Risk =/= reward regardless of if you're a LEO or Civ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess being from Jersey, I have a different mentality. I don't understand the "if we can't have it, neither should you." I'm happy that people in PA and states all across the country don't have the same retarded gun laws that we have here in NJ and NY. So I don't get the mentality that me as a cop, I should only have the same thing that everyone else has on our duty weapons.

For my personal weapons, I agree that I should only have the same thing that every other gun owner in my state has, but if I get sent on a school shooting, I want the best possible gear at my disposal to protect the innocent. I wish I could have the same weapons at home, but I have to make due with what I am allowed to have, which is an AR with a fixed stock, permanently attached muzzle brake, and 15 round mags. </div></div>

Why should you be afforded weapons that possession of for non-le is criminal?

Are you anti-second amendment? The purpose of the second amendment is for citizens to have the same arms as those in power, should they become tyrants. What makes your life more valuable, as an officer, than the life of any citizen of your jurisdiction such that you should have better tools for defense?

You are on an ethical slippery slope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess being from Jersey, I have a different mentality. I don't understand the "if we can't have it, neither should you." I'm happy that people in PA and states all across the country don't have the same retarded gun laws that we have here in NJ and NY. So I don't get the mentality that me as a cop, I should only have the same thing that everyone else has on our duty weapons.

Are you anti-second amendment? The purpose of the second amendment is for citizens to have the same arms as those in power, should they become tyrants. What makes your life more valuable, as an officer, than the life of any citizen of your jurisdiction such that you should have better tools for defense?

You are on an ethical slippery slope. </div></div>

It isn't my life that I'm trying to protect you moron. I want the best weapons at work to protect the innocent people that can't protect themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess being from Jersey, I have a different mentality. I don't understand the "if we can't have it, neither should you." I'm happy that people in PA and states all across the country don't have the same retarded gun laws that we have here in NJ and NY. So I don't get the mentality that me as a cop, I should only have the same thing that everyone else has on our duty weapons.

It isn't my life that I'm trying to protect you moron. I want the best weapons at work to protect the innocent people that can't protect themselves. </div></div>

And you resort to name calling. Police are reactionary to crime. People must be able to protect themselves. I don't want to deny any weapon to LE, but I don't want want them to have anything individuals cannot. That creates a bad, bad situation.

Please, have an adult conversation, not resorting to childish name calling. It doesn't help your case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulosantos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess being from Jersey, I have a different mentality. I don't understand the "if we can't have it, neither should you." I'm happy that people in PA and states all across the country don't have the same retarded gun laws that we have here in NJ and NY. So I don't get the mentality that me as a cop, I should only have the same thing that everyone else has on our duty weapons.

It isn't my life that I'm trying to protect you moron. I want the best weapons at work to protect the innocent people that can't protect themselves. </div></div>

The public has the same right to protect them selves with the best available, should you have access to something the public does not NO. If LEO has a need then so does the public period
its that simple

When you get into separate law for LE and public then your quickly becoming a police state
Disarm the public disarm the police
Perhaps then the anti gun cops will be happy
LE is not above law nor exempt from it, you get to suffer the same stupidity as the rest of us