• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Marlin xt-22

Re: Marlin xt-22

All I can comment on is the XT-22 with the wood stock. (.22LR)
There seem to be a few threads out there concerning the poor fit and finish of these rifles, and how the QC has gone downhill since Remington took over Marlin.
I recently bought two XT-22's for my sons. Fit and finish out of the box was, to my eye not far off of the Savage 93 FVSS I purchased before Christmas. Not quite as good...but then it was nearly 1/2 the price.
Both of them functioned fine, and at 50 yards out of the box gave 2" groups at 50 yards...iron sights in the hands of a 12 year old.
Pretty good buys in my opinion.

Re: Marlin xt-22

I actually was just given a new Marlin XT-22Y. It's the youth model, single shot, wood stock, blue finish. I am actually very very impressed with the fit and finish of the rifle. It is an attractive and simple 22lr. I plan on teaching my children how to shoot and on this little Marlin. I have a 4x scope coming (should be here tomorrow actually) and I'll try and get some 50 and 100 yard groups to post this weekend if I get to hit the range on Saturday. I went this past Tuesday and with the irons it was easy to make a quarter size group at 20 yards so I am thinking with a scope that should be very doable at 50yards and only slightly larger at 100. We'll see. Anyway I think it's a very nice little rifle. No frills, clean, simple, and effective.