• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mass shootings and PTSD

Before y’all accuse me of being crazy or wearing a tin foil hat in ma bomb shelter hear me out.. how many have read about mk ultra? Were our gov used acid on unwitting soldiers and civilians to try and make mind control assasins? This was back in the 50s. CIA was involved as well as a lot of girls and prostitutes. Hollywood made a movie based off it. The new and old movies were both called the manturian canadate. Then there was a movie with Mel Gibson? as the controlled assassin. Then there was That guy that tried to blow up a plane with his underwear? There are tons of eye witnesses that saw a man with him and was able to get him on a plane without id. Remember how the media kept ignoring that just like they ignore the prescriptions. This is not the only high profile situation like this were lots of people claim to see other players with these “lone perpetrators” ok city bombing anyone? The first theater shooting, did anyone else notice how he seemed so out of it and indifferent in custody? And this synagogue shooter, he seemed kinda out of it after too.

Let me preface this with, I totally believe PTSD exists and I've seen people change from it right in front of me.

However, I don't think its as straightforward as, someone goes to war/something bad happens and they get fucked up and now have what the .gov would love to refer to as a mental disability. I think that the lack of resources and knowledge for mental health, especially combat veterans mixed with the 'here take these pills and come back next month' approach that is taken towards them actually makes it worse and/or develops the PTSD.

A lot of the grief from being deployed are mixed feelings of your leadership basically hamstringing you, training for combat and instead playing hurry up and wait for 18 months or having the feeling that you are stuck in a shit sandwich because either you are aggressive and defend yourself/push your mission against these terrorist fucks all the while your leadership and useless as fuck politicians are looking over your shoulder waiting to make an example out of you. It all adds up; I'm willing to be our shit ROE, ass backwards leadership, COIN and all the bullshit that got us to this point have a worse effect physiologically on our soldiers than actually fucking fighting does.

I've had 5 deployments with 2 different militaries. I always joked with people that the first 2 were so rough that if anyone was getting PTSD from anywhere, it was us. That was years before I ended up in Afghanistan for 3 rotations as a DoD contractor. Yet after all of that, I have nothing even remotely close to anything that could be called PTSD, short of just being more aware of my surroundings and not ever going into crowded places. What's different from me, to the guy with 1 deployment with PTSD?

i used to heat that a lot when I’d tell people they are coming for our guns in the 90s but look at us now..
a lot of what you are saying has strings of truth but just think how many people would have to keep the secrets to pull this shit off and for how long. not possible.

Let me preface this with, I totally believe PTSD exists and I've seen people change from it right in front of me.

However, I don't think its as straightforward as, someone goes to war/something bad happens and they get fucked up and now have what the .gov would love to refer to as a mental disability. I think that the lack of resources and knowledge for mental health, especially combat veterans mixed with the 'here take these pills and come back next month' approach that is taken towards them actually makes it worse and/or develops the PTSD.

A lot of the grief from being deployed are mixed feelings of your leadership basically hamstringing you, training for combat and instead playing hurry up and wait for 18 months or having the feeling that you are stuck in a shit sandwich because either you are aggressive and defend yourself/push your mission against these terrorist fucks all the while your leadership and useless as fuck politicians are looking over your shoulder waiting to make an example out of you. It all adds up; I'm willing to be our shit ROE, ass backwards leadership, COIN and all the bullshit that got us to this point have a worse effect physiologically on our soldiers than actually fucking fighting does.

I've had 5 deployments with 2 different militaries. I always joked with people that the first 2 were so rough that if anyone was getting PTSD from anywhere, it was us. That was years before I ended up in Afghanistan for 3 rotations as a DoD contractor. Yet after all of that, I have nothing even remotely close to anything that could be called PTSD, short of just being more aware of my surroundings and not ever going into crowded places. What's different from me, to the guy with 1 deployment with PTSD?
Uhh the bigger checks obviously

Uhh the bigger checks obviously
Ptsd isn’t gonna make you go shoot up people it just gives you a more severe Reaction to certain things then the average person will have. Someone who is deathly allergic to bees for example might have a more severe reaction to a bee then the average person, but is it justified? If someone wrecks into you and you instinctively plow that car outa the way and stop on the other side of the intersection is that a severe reaction? Maybe? Is it wrong? Very debatable. Is it right for someone who hasn’t been to try and debate that? That is the real question

ptsd is a terrible terrible affliction, many of us have seen and or experienced/experience it. No simple solution, none at all. I think a lot of it has to do with the change of life styles once you get out , some with the shitty job opportunities and getting further behind your non vet peers. Its a fusking terrible affliction, up to each of us to monitor and take care of each other more than ever because the civilians look upon us as losers and a threat and always have.

arm chair doctors should not be assigning ptsd as a cause of mass shootings, its much more likely that guy was an unhinged leftist.

Reactions: Blutroop
ptsd is a terrible terrible affliction, many of us have seen and or experienced/experience it. No simple solution, none at all. I think a lot of it has to do with the change of life styles once you get out , some with the shitty job opportunities and getting further behind your non vet peers. Its a fusking terrible affliction, up to each of us to monitor and take care of each other more than ever because the civilians look upon us as losers and a threat and always have.

arm chair doctors should not be assigning ptsd as a cause of mass shootings, its much more likely that guy was an unhinged leftist.
For me I didn’t have it to bad when I got out.. I travelled for a little bit. I got married and had a son. Then I found myself going through a messy divorce and not able to see my son even though I did no wrong. That was when it was like all my wounds were ripped open even though it was 5 years later. Then on the anniversary of my buddy Farris dying and a bottle of 151. That was the closest I’ve been to taking my life ever. Now I have woods to play in, bear to hunt, kids to teach and a wife at home. It gets crowded in summer here but kinda clears out in winter. You can heal without doctors or prescriptions. You just have to find what works for you.. even with my worse days I was only a threat to myself unless you were foolish enough to start trouble with me.

Reactions: j-huskey
What's different from me, to the guy with 1 deployment with PTSD?

Experiences affect everyone differently. I don't know how else to explain it.

Not that I'm going to defend the guy but I understand why he could have had PTSD.

Southern Afghanistan was a huge mess. I don't think that anyone here that's been there would discredit that. Everyone that deployed there had a rough time, Brits, Marines, few Army, you name it. Accompany that environment with the BS politics, shitty senior leadership, and piss poor operating conditions for that area, someone coming back with some form of post-traumatic stress wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I've also seen guys come back affected in some way and their command pretty much turned their back on them. It happened to me and others from my unit that got hurt on deployment in that same area. So I wouldn't be shocked if after a rough deployment and people getting fucked with that pent-up aggression transpired into something worse.

Reactions: Blutroop

Jerry, there you go throwin all the civilians into the same bowl of stew again. Not all of us feel that way and well.......your our Army Jerry and.........we love you man!? Gonna buy ammo in the mornin just for you amigo????

Experiences affect everyone differently. I don't know how else to explain it.

Not that I'm going to defend the guy but I understand why he could have had PTSD.

Southern Afghanistan was a huge mess. I don't think that anyone here that's been there would discredit that. Everyone that deployed there had a rough time, Brits, Marines, few Army, you name it. Accompany that environment with the BS politics, shitty senior leadership, and piss poor operating conditions for that area, someone coming back with some form of post-traumatic stress wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I've also seen guys come back affected in some way and their command pretty much turned their back on them. It happened to me and others from my unit that got hurt on deployment in that same area. So I wouldn't be shocked if after a rough deployment and people getting fucked with that pent-up aggression transpired into something worse.
Even guys in the (ch) Air Force sitting in a cube hours on end on xxx Texas near xxx space cen ter are claiming ptsd from flying rc planes drones

It’s ok. Been a bit grumpy lately. Dr. working an 84 hr week.

No worries amigo. Just finished a two week run at a ground up Harley project that will mean all the marbles for multiple projects going forward with my biggest client against new competition. Completely understand?

Reactions: ArmyJerry