• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Massive AXMC Sale!!

The AW and the AWM are great rifles. Single feeding 338LM in an AWM gets a little old, but not a big deal to me in particular.

Based on the going prices, you could probably stick the original .300WM components back on your AWM if you have them and sell it for enough to buy an AWSM and solve that issue.

Reactions: AIAW
As they sell, I see they are being marked as discontinued (at least @ EO). I wounder if they will be getting in more before the switch over to the ASR variants.

as tempting as this is, I just can't get to justifying it in my head. Sure, it is switch barrel, but with barloc and other devices, so are others these days. Still seems like about a $3k premium over other 'stock' rifles. What else am I missing here?

I don't disagree with you as an owner of an AI AT. I actually just took delivery of a SRS A1 the other day too as my switch barrel gun from 223Rem-338LM. It's not as smooth as the AI and I don't care for the magazines as much but it was still $3000 less than this clearance price of the AXMC plus it can do 223.

I'd love to have an AXMC but that's enough of a difference for me to have the SRS A1 in 223, 308, and 338LM plus my DMR II compared to the AXMC in just a single caliber. I know it's apples to oranges but I'm not made of money.

My AI will never leave the stable though as it is just oozes quality.

Reactions: Surferjoe
Luke, I am your faatha. Feel the AI side of the force.

I plunked down the bucks last year and am loving it. It's helped me to do my part better.

I know all too well. I had a AXMC with all the bolts and several barrels up until last summer. Decided I don't really have much use for a magnum and wanted to shoot 6.5x47 for matches so I bought a AXSA and sold the AXMC. Regretted selling the AXMC and even more a week ago when they announced SFP bolt assemblies.

I want another AXMC but I'm also just done swapping stuff around and my AXSA 6.5x47 consistently shoots in the .1's at 100 yards and I can usually make headshots on IPSC's inside a grand if the wind isn't too bad. I'm going to be content with my AXSA for a while but if these last throughout the first half of the year I'll probably add an AXMC back to the herd. There's other toys I want more though.

Reactions: reximus
You guys are killing me. Because of this thread I just bought a 338 and 300 win. It’s worth it. Hope the wife doesn’t see my credit card bill when it comes in.

Not complaining at all. But ever since I became a member years ago, my bonus money just keeps going to awesome rifles, scopes, and essentials . My kids benefit the most though.

Gotta think of the kids right!

Thanks everyone in a good way.

You guys are killing me. Because of this thread I just bought a 338 and 300 win. It’s worth it. Hope the wife doesn’t see my credit card bill when it comes in.

Not complaining at all. But ever since I became a member years ago, my bonus money just keeps going to awesome rifles, scopes, and essentials . My kids benefit the most though.

Gotta think of the kids right!

Thanks everyone in a good way.

That’s baller, you know you could have just bought the extra barrel, bolt, and mags though right? That’s the beauty of these rifles. Swap calibers in a couple minutes and repeatability is flawless.

Reactions: reximus and MOUNTIC
That’s baller, you know you could have just bought the extra barrel, bolt, and mags though right? That’s the beauty of these rifles. Swap calibers in a couple minutes and repeatability is flawless.

Unless you "had" to have the Dark Earth AND the Sage Green... ?

Spoke to mile high yesterday, while ordering some other stuff.

They have “quite a few” MC’s left. Hurry boys, before they’re all gone!

Yes I do know. I did buy baby poop brown and a green model. These are technically going to my kids. I will be buying the bolt bodies down the road for them. I can spin up the barrels since I have been doing them for my PSR. I like short barrels so depending on what they want, I have Bartlein blanks sitting. I do own the axmc 308 and AT as well but they want to go big.

These are great prices for an awesome platform.

Yes I do know. I did buy baby poop brown and a green model. These are technically going to my kids. I will be buying the bolt bodies down the road for them. I can spin up the barrels since I have been doing them for my PSR. I like short barrels so depending on what they want, I have Bartlein blanks sitting. I do own the axmc 308 and AT as well but they want to go big.

These are great prices for an awesome platform.

Christ almighty. And I feared us AI collectors were a limited few. Fricken love your style.

Been collecting AI rifles since the early 90’s. I’m glad Randy and Dianne are still carrying the legacy AI items. Great people over at Mile High. I’ve been doing business with them when shotguns were their big thing. Randy called me on a Sunday afternoon to let me know my order would go out Monday when I ordered that Sunday morning. Never forgot the type of service they offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyScrapin
That elite sand a slightly lighter color then the sage green. Can't find a direct comparison photo.

I plan on two toning it by cera-koting some of the parts graphite black. I'll post pics when it gets done. I'm hoping that breaks up the color a bit.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
these need to sell out. I can't quite justify the cost of one logically, but I keep looking at the pale brown 338LM or 300WM and wanting to get one.

Have to say I'm surprised the 300NM is only a 10 twist instead of a 9 or even 8. Otherwise that would be tempting too.

Just heard Mike @Mile High Shooting mention on the Everyday Sniper Podcast that the AXSR will be at $9k + for the rifle alone.... $6,750 AXMC sounds pretty nice. Y'all are really going to have to jump on these rifles before they're out. I suspect them only doing "call to order" once they're sold out. Esepcially when the AXSR come out.

308 option at launch on the AXSR maybe?....I really want the longer cals but i wont get to shoot em right now. And im preety sure a 6.5 option at launch is out of the question...

But a 308 option would be awesome.

Quick question - Does 300 NM use 338 Lapua CIP magazine (I'm guessing yes?), or 300 WM magazine?

308 option at launch on the AXSR maybe?....I really want the longer cals but i wont get to shoot em right now. And im preety sure a 6.5 option at launch is out of the question...

But a 308 option would be awesome.

Mike stated on the podcast that they are having Win Tactical (barrel company for AI) make ASR barrels in 6.5 creed for them. Same contour and color to match

Reactions: Mr. F
This is to good of a deal to pass up. I will be heading to the credit union today. I think for either a saga or black 300 WM.

Got mine delivered from Mile High yesterday, anyone want to buy a pale brown 338 barrel?:giggle: I’m a lefty and they were out of rifles in 300 norma

Edit: barrel is gone

Last edited:
Got mine delivered from Mile High yesterday, anyone want to buy a pale brown 338 barrel?:giggle: I’m a lefty and they were out of rifles in 300 norma

Which barrel specs / brake specs & how much do you want for it?

Bought Dark Earth in 300 WM. Then added 338. Wifey saw the CC and blew a gasket. It arrived from MHSA and it reminded me when I bought my first Kreighoff, wifey didn’t understand that either.

Reactions: dinnerbucket
About to join the AI Club: have an AXMC .300 Norma inbound :D!
Question for those "in the know": can we expect AXMC barrels and bolts to be available for the foreseeable future (thinking 6.5 CM once my finances recover, among other possibilities...) or ar they being discontinued, and limited to existing stock, along with the AXMC itself?

Question for those "in the know": can we expect AXMC barrels and bolts to be available for the foreseeable future (thinking 6.5 CM once my finances recover, among other possibilities...) or ar they being discontinued, and limited to existing stock, along with the AXMC itself?
Hopefully you purchase the short action bolt at the same time.

I'm still waiting for left handed .308 bolts to be released. I asked Mike at Mile High if it would ever happen, especially since the ASR cometh, and he said they would be released but he didn't think it would be soon. So it goes.

What color is the best? Dark Earth, elite Sand, pale brown, sage green? Any direct comparison photo or video?

They're still spinning barrels up for AW's so I wouldn't be worried there. They'll probably eventually sell out of bolts but when I talked to the MH folks they made it seem like that wasn't in the near future. Plus I highly doubt you'll ever break a bolt. Mags will be around for the foreseeable future considering they are only phasing out the MC and not the short action AX. I guess that leaves the mag adapter which I have never heard anyone breaking theirs or needing a replacement. All in all I'm not worried and that's why I got one arriving at my FFL next week.