• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Massive AXMC Sale!!

Those are some crazy low prices for new stuff.
The list price is now about $1k lower than the best discount price you could get from EO with check payment.

It's going to be a bit rough trying to sell a used AXMC now, with brand new ones being in the $6500 to $6k range.

It's tempting to figure out how to finance a second one at those prices.

Reactions: IW21
This is sad - a price drop like that. There is no need to off those rifles at that price. Still being sold above cost but, ouch! I consider the AI lineup to be mainly "couture". You just don't expect these rifles to go on sale like last year's Kia. Maybe I need to wake up to how things work these days.

Your gently used AXMC just became $4500, shipped.

What is the difference in the ones that have a model starting with "MC" vs the ones with "AX2"? The MC ones seem to have a higher list price but same sale price, just wondering on the difference.

This is sad - a price drop like that. There is no need to off those rifles at that price. Still being sold above cost but, ouch! I consider the AI lineup to be mainly "couture". You just don't expect these rifles to go on sale like last year's Kia. Maybe I need to wake up to how things work these days.

Direct all unwanted axmc's to me for 4500 shipped please lol

What is the difference in the ones that have a model starting with "MC" vs the ones with "AX2"? The MC ones seem to have a higher list price but same sale price, just wondering on the difference.

AXMC is a long-action only (multi-caliber).

AX is a fixed caliber, either long action or short.

Direct all unwanted axmc's to me for 4500 shipped please lol

Oh I'm sure as hell keeping all of mine now! Optics almost cost as much as the rifle now.

Sad I am telling you, just sad. Like mobile phones... Business is business I guess. Gotta make room for that next iXMC.

Reactions: athanasios23
AXMC is a long-action only (multi-caliber).

AX is a fixed caliber, either long action or short.

Hmm, seems there are issues with their descriptions as both these listing titles are claimed as AXMCs with the first being $200+ more in list price than 2nd.

Accuracy International AXMC Black .300NM 27" Rifle MC30N27MBL
Accuracy International AXMC Black .300 Norma Mag 27" Rifle AX2-R11499-AI

Yeah, Mile High has an external web store management company that does all of their inventory posting. They mess that stuff up a lot. Best to just call them and tell them what you are looking for. It could be some new part number for the "new" calibers available from them directly.

Hell, if you wait a month or two you might be able to get one for the same price as a Savage 110BA.

Hmm, seems there are issues with their descriptions as both these listing titles are claimed as AXMCs with the first being $200+ more in list price than 2nd.

Accuracy International AXMC Black .300NM 27" Rifle MC30N27MBL
Accuracy International AXMC Black .300 Norma Mag 27" Rifle AX2-R11499-AI

Asked about that when I bought mine. IIRC AI had a price increase on newer production and EO still had stock of older which they kept at original price w/o the increase.

TBH, these hadn't interested me much before at their previous price range. At this price though, they are in consideration.

Once these sell out I don't see the second hand market to drop that much. Kinda a one time limited fire sale and then business back to normal. Just like a Black Friday deal.

Reactions: reximus

This is capitalism.

If you expect any purchase on virtually anything to hold most of its retail value, you’re lying to yourself.

I agree it’s capitalism, but pretty extreme.

I bought my AW in 2008 for 6000 bucks. They had been basically that same cost since the early 90’s if I recall. Then the AT comes out, adds some features, and was thousands less. Aw becomes a $3k rifle overnight. I do own a AXMC as well, so I’ve lost value on that too now. I hope the non-kit ASR is significantly cheaper than the current MC.

Reactions: reximus

AI did the same thing to the AW short action value when they released the AT. The AT is the same rifle with addition of barrel lock yet was over $1k cheaper than the AW. Hell, even pre-14 AX's short actions took a beating and don't get the resale prices of a used AT despite costing much more when new.

Nothing new here. Simply the cost of progress.

Extreme differences in production ability between now and the 90’s.

I’d be very surprised if the ASR MC replacement is not the price the AXMC used to be.

Reactions: Basher

I’d be very surprised if the ASR MC replacement is not the price the AXMC used to be.

The ASR kit is very similar in price to the PSR kit was when released so it's entirely possible.

Ugh, I feel shitty to have already purchased one but am happy for those that now have an opportunity to own one.

Buy these all today!

Reactions: Gar.

That doesn’t completely explain it. If it did, the AXMC would have at least been the same price as the rifle it replaced, but it got
much more expensive.

That doesn’t completely explain it. If it did, the AXMC would have at least been the same price as the rifle it replaced, but it got
much more expensive.

It also offered more features.

Again, this is normal. Not sure why everyone is so shocked every time their (name whatever high end product you want) is now selling for much less.

Reactions: TheMammoth
When talking about the AXMC, the magazine that comes with the 300 Win Mag, is it CIP length? Just curious.

When talking about the AXMC, the magazine that comes with the 300 Win Mag, is it CIP length? Just curious.

AXMC magazines are massive. Way beyond SAMMI and CIP. You will not have an OAL issue with any BTHP, OTM, ELD, etc. VLD's perhaps, but that depends of course.

Paid slightly over $1000 above this and still well worth it. Anyone on the fence should jump on this deal.

Once these sell out I don't see the second hand market to drop that much. Kinda a one time limited fire sale and then business back to normal. Just like a Black Friday deal.

I really hope you are correct. I just looked at my invoice from May last year. Hell I had to get my Accountant to convince my wife it was an investment and she could sell it for what I paid for it. I guess it will be a good thing I'm dead when she finds out.

If you bought one to keep it and shoot, even it at a higher price, it doesn't matter really what the price goes to. As your intent wasnt to sell it off. If you were happy with the price and product you received at the time, no sense in getting upset.

If you bought it for strictly an investment with intent to sell, then you took that risk as you do with anything.

This happens every time AI brings a new gun out. I think they were blowing out pre-2014 AX's for $4k when the AX quick change barrel came out. If you're worried about your luxury rifle losing value shoot it more, at least all that depreciation was worth it. This is a hell of a deal though.

Reactions: Estes640
as tempting as this is, I just can't get to justifying it in my head. Sure, it is switch barrel, but with barloc and other devices, so are others these days. Still seems like about a $3k premium over other 'stock' rifles. What else am I missing here?

as tempting as this is, I just can't get to justifying it in my head. Sure, it is switch barrel, but with barloc and other devices, so are others these days. Still seems like about a $3k premium over other 'stock' rifles. What else am I missing here?
I think it’s the reliability and dependability of an AI, not many of your stock rifles have in excess of 100,000rds with same components, I know of several rifles well into 30-40,000rds without a hiccup. Mine is only at 8000 but it’s flawless. Feeding from mags was built around a system, not pieced together. When swapping barrels it’s on, there’s no wandering of barrels or “within 2/10’s”. I recall when they released a trigger, “Like all products that bear the Accuracy International insignia, this trigger seems to be of the highest quality. AI reports that this design was test cycled over 100,000 times and showed no significant wear, whereas some of the market’s most popular other competition triggers showed “measureable wear” after 5,000 cycles.” Come on, 5000 is a lot, but 100000 is a crap ton. It’s designed for war. It’s not a Ferrari, it’s a high speed tank. I shoot regularly at Rifles Only, Jacob is renowned for being brutal on his gear, he somewhat quoted Tommy Lee Jones “Get yourself an AI, and get rid of that nickel-plated sissy-rifle”.

Once you buy one, you’ll never doubt your rifle, ever. Everything else will be suspect, except your rifle.

1B327AF4-B046-492B-A92A-0FA773F16595.gif

Doesn’t Barloc require headspace gauges for the quick change? And what @trophyhunter said

cant go from 338LM to 308 win in the other either. Get the new SFP bolt that everyone’s waiting for a it can’t literally be anything you want it to be. Along with what everyone else has already stated. Expensive - yes. Can just build the same for thousands less, or even equal for that matter - not even close.

I have to think this will drive prices down on used ATs too. AT owners can now more easily fund an MC. The competition to sell ATs will push people to sell them less than normal.

The AW and the AWM are great rifles. Single feeding 338LM in an AWM gets a little old, but not a big deal to me in particular.