• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Massive AXMC Sale!!

Not really sure, just the green option for the AIAT on brownells is discontunied. Good news is they hooked me up with a code and the 6% AJ saved me another $100 almost. Got pale brown instead.
Do you know if the AIAT brownells comes with the high rail or the low rail? And I’m assuming it’s the small firing pin model.

Do you know if the AIAT brownells comes with the high rail or the low rail? And I’m assuming it’s the small firing pin model.
I'm not really sure. Since they order them directly from AI I'm assuming small firing pin.

I'm not really sure. Since they order them directly from AI I'm assuming small firing pin.

AI hasn't shipped a large firing pin AT or AX308 since 2014 (they switched the short actions to small firing pin starting in 2015) so unless you somehow get old inventory you'll be getting a small firing pin bolt.

Mile high and Euro optic both had some old inventory large firing pin models heavily discounted in the last few months.

AI hasn't shipped a large firing pin AT or AX308 since 2014 (they switched the short actions to small firing pin starting in 2015) so unless you somehow get old inventory you'll be getting a small firing pin bolt.

Mile high and Euro optic both had some old inventory large firing pin models heavily discounted in the last few months.

I bought my LH AT in late 2015. How do I know which I have? What are the correct diameters for large and small FP?

I bought my LH AT in late 2015. How do I know which I have? What are the correct diameters for large and small FP?

Small firing pin is 1.6mm / .063"

Large firing pin is about 0.078"

If your serial number starts with 15, you should have a small firing pin

Did AJ 4% work for you guys on Brownells AXMC purchases lately? My rifle got to my dealer today, but I have not seen notification from AJ. I used AJ to jump to Brownells' site to make the order, and this purchase has been registered on my AJ account. I am new to AJ.

Did AJ 4% work for you guys on Brownells AXMC purchases lately? My rifle got to my dealer today, but I have not seen notification from AJ. I used AJ to jump to Brownells' site to make the order, and this purchase has been registered on my AJ account. I am new to AJ.

My MC is on backorder still, but I have not received the AJ 4%. I don’t expect to until my CC is billed, but AJ doesn’t even show my purchase? It shows the click history, but no purchases. I did send an email to AJ and they responded promptly. Said it was on Brownells side and could take up to 2 weeks.

Reactions: yej0001
Possibly Brownells wouldn't give another 4% on these rifles, which I understand. Would be nice though. The 10% discount almost went to paying my state's sales tax.

Possibly Brownells wouldn't give another 4% on these rifles, which I understand. Would be nice though. The 10% discount almost went to paying my state's sales tax.
I had issues first time I used active junkie, but after reading several comments I verified that I had my cross site tracking block disabled and deleted all user history before logining to AJ. Used the 10% with the 4% AJ on a Knights APC and the rebate showed up the next day.

Reactions: yej0001
My MC is on backorder still, but I have not received the AJ 4%. I don’t expect to until my CC is billed, but AJ doesn’t even show my purchase? It shows the click history, but no purchases. I did send an email to AJ and they responded promptly. Said it was on Brownells side and could take up to 2 weeks.
When Brownells processes the order you should see the purchase come through, regardless of when Brownells ends up charging it.

Anyone snag one up from Brownells over the past week or so? I've tried over the past two 10% off days they've had over the past 2 weeks (online wouldn't take the code) so i called both times and they wouldn't honor the discount on an axmc, even asked for a supervisor. Soo..... i just broke down and snagged a fde 338lm from mh.

Seems they have locked it down a bit then since calling used to work. A week ago you could wait until last page of checkout to enter the code, but I haven’t tried recently.

Brownells just shipped my order that was placed on 3/8, but it looks like they charged my card the full 6750 even though I have an order confirmation email showing the 10% discount. Time to call customer service...

Edit: had to wait on hold about 25 minutes, but everyone on the phone was very friendly and a refund is headed my way. Yay! Thanks Brownells. :)

Hopefully I get to dros it this week!

Now to get a heavy palma gain twist on order at bartlein for 300PRC.

Last edited:
Reactions: solvovir
Looks like Brownells is now charging tax on them also. My orders of other items were not taxed a few weeks ago and now I put some stuff in the cart and its all taxed.. Cant get away from the taxes!! So for anyone now ordering the AXMC after tax it's 7300 bucks. At least here in CO.. Now the crazy Brownells 10% plus 4/6% AJ is over, we will see the AXMC prices stabilize a bit.

For anyone who missed Brownell’s 10% discount, EuroOptics has a couple of showroom demo AXMC listed for $5995. One is 338LM with 20” barrel.

Reactions: MCHOG
The round count on my AXMC is getting way up there. I just passed 20. Not 20,000, 20. No place close by to stretch its legs. Sad isn’t it.

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Well, 20 is greater than 0 (my count so far). Just picked mine up yesterday. Not sure if I want to shoot the 300WM or sell barrel unfired and wait a bit to get 300PRC spun up

My (large firing pin) 308 bolt backorder is filled today by MH.

Got mine back from AI today. They had to change the safety cam out from a 3 to a 2. Function seems perfect now. I’m excited to finally get this sucker out to shoot.

B2F2ABFF-5121-4AD3-B425-684C1C790740.jpeg

Reactions: Gar. and MOUNTIC
Just went and did the DROS on my new Elite Sand AXMC that arrived at the FFL this afternoon. Having never seen Elite Sand in person before today, I'm sure glad I liked it when I opened the box... LOL

Now for the agonizing 4-6 month wait for Bartlein to spin up a heavy palma gain twist blank for 300 PRC. At least it gives me plenty of time to pick up a couple more mags, have the bolt bushed @ LRI (might as well do it now just in case and have the fresh barrel headspaced to the bushed bolt since they have to skim the boltface), get dies / powder / bullets / brass, etc.

Last edited:
mine will ship today. I changed it from Sage Green to Dark Earth. I hope i didn't make a mistake :)

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 57
So, it is for certain that an AXMC in 338 NM will come with the muzzle threaded 18x1? I got two different stories from EO and TBAC. I will need another 338BA brake for my 338 Ultra, and EO said it "should" be 18x1 but to call TBAC and they should know for sure. TBAC said it "should" be 3/4x24 and that's what they sent. The question seems to stem from the fact that these barrels are being done by Win Tactical in the US rather than AI in UK. Sounds like to me, after reading this, that it will come 18x1, and I need to call TBAC to make a change?

They vary but most barrels that come with the rifles come with 18 x 1.5.

After market barrels are as they are ordered.

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I mean the barrel it comes with. And you say that can vary? Ugh, guess I'll just have to wait until it arrives and see if the 3/4x24 fits or not. Also, TBAC has 18x1 and 18x1.5 available I believe. So it should be 1.5 pitch not 1?

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I mean the barrel it comes with. And you say that can vary? Ugh, guess I'll just have to wait until it arrives and see if the 3/4x24 fits or not. Also, TBAC has 18x1 and 18x1.5 available I believe. So it should be 1.5 pitch not 1?
Correct, if the AI threads are metric then they will be M18x1.5. I believe M18x1 is used on the Sako TRG series.

My 338 and 300NM factory barrels were both 18x1.5

Any good load info for 285 gr ELDM? I know I am supposed to work up my load but it is just too expensive to load 338. Trying to get started at good point. For my 223, 308 or even 6.5 I do start low and work my way up.

I bought some 285 ELDM and Lapua brass and need to get primer, powder, die set etc.

Any good load info for 285 gr ELDM? I know I am supposed to work up my load but it is just too expensive to load 338. Trying to get started at good point. For my 223, 308 or even 6.5 I do start low and work my way up.

I bought some 285 ELDM and Lapua brass and need to get primer, powder, die set etc.

This is all on a "factory" AI Win Tactical barrel. Start at 87.5g in .5g increments of H1000 (that's at a 3.77" OAL). You'll probably find a node around 89-90.5g but don't jump straight to that charge. I've found no difference in CCI 250's versus Federal 215/M's particularly with 338LM.

Inexpensive and 338LM will never be included in the same sentence without a good chuckle involved!

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
I am running 92.5g of Retumbo, Lapua Brass and Fed primers with the 285g ELDM. 2845fps with excellent groups at 100 yds (sub 1/2 moa) . I haven't had the chance to test further out. In 3 weeks I'll have access to 1500 yds.

Reactions: ironsight1000yard
Is it even possible for 338 to reach 2000?
Local ULR guys are using both 375 and 338.

I am running 92.5g of Retumbo, Lapua Brass and Fed primers with the 285g ELDM. 2845fps with excellent groups at 100 yds (sub 1/2 moa) . I haven't had the chance to test further out. In 3 weeks I'll have access to 1500 yds.

Yes I am getting 285 ELDM and a few poweders like H1000 and retumbo.
Will start trying some.

.338 at 2000 yards is not difficult if you are hand loading 285gr / 300gr or the flatline heavies, etc.

The 250gr factory loads are best kept for closer shots.

I really want to start with a higher load than 87.5 though, reason mentioned earlier.

Maybe 88.5 or 89?

What's the risk?
This is all on a "factory" AI Win Tactical barrel. Start at 87.5g in .5g increments of H1000 (that's at a 3.77" OAL). You'll probably find a node around 89-90.5g but don't jump straight to that charge. I've found no difference in CCI 250's versus Federal 215/M's particularly with 338LM.

Inexpensive and 338LM will never be included in the same sentence without a good chuckle involved!

I really want to start with a higher load than 87.5 though, reason mentioned earlier.

Maybe 88.5 or 89?

What's the risk?

Oh come on now, you know what the risk is!

That charge difference (even 89g) probably isn't going to be dangerous honestly but it's more of a safe practice thing - for the rifle, bystanders and yourself. It's possible to be at dangerously high pressures right off the bat. I wouldn't go max if you haven't sent a round down it at all yet.

I always work up charges, but if you want to jump straight to possible max charge you can do that: at your own risk and liability.

I've got to ask though and don't take this as a jab at you. It's such an expensive caliber to load for and you already have cost per round reservations at the pre-load development stage... are you sure your ready for this?

There are WAY too many used 338LM's for sale with like 80 rounds down them because of exactly what I mentioned in the previous paragraph above!

Reactions: plong