• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Match grade threaded 10/22 barrel

I like feddersen, but I have two green mountain barrels that shoot great as well. The photo is from one of the rifles I built for my nephews with a GM barrel, it is a five shot group with CCI sv at 25 yards. At this point there were less than 15 rounds down the barrel as I had just zero'd the scope. The target for the other nephew's rifle looked the same. Only Ruger part is the trigger on these two rifles. They were christmas gifts and the targets were in the case with rifles.

KyleRifle_test.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I can’t speak specifically to the threaded version, but my green mountain shoots great. Very happy with its cost to performance ratio.

If you do ultimately decide on purchasing yourself a Kidd barrel- I know this is slightly outside of the context of your original post but in order to maximize/squeeze every bit of performance out of that barrel if your budget allows for it- please consider adding a Kidd trigger group to that order- I assure you that you won't regret it.

-LD

I should mention I'm looking for something closer to a sporter profile than a bull. This is a traditional 10/22, not necessarily a target gun. Pest control, etc.

Reactions: Pomyluy
Did somebody say 'Kidd barrel'? Some will remember, LOL.

I have a KIDD UL barrel. It's stunning accurate.

Anyone recall the guy who posted about wanting the "the best trigger, not a KIDD" and then threw a fit when everyone suggested KIDD or questioned why he did not want one. It should be in the epic thread area if it is not. I think he was banned but do not recall details.

I have a KIDD UL barrel. It's stunning accurate.

Anyone recall the guy who posted about wanting the "the best trigger, not a KIDD" and then threw a fit when everyone suggested KIDD or questioned why he did not want one. It should be in the epic thread area if it is not. I think he was banned but do not recall details.
"I will not be controlled!" LoL

Have an er shaw barrel from midway. Shoots good out to 250y. Also, had the trigger gone over by Brimstone. This is 10 at 100y

IMG_0937.jpeg

There are SOOOOO many great choices, you are overthinking this.

Ultimately, I went with Kidd as I could get great accuracy and light weight, and threaded. But this thread is full of other good suggestions. 10/22 accuracy has been a solved problem for a while.

The KIDD Ultralightweight barrels aren't necessarily match-grade, and don't have any accuracy guarantee, but they are damned good shooters. Here's a 25yd group with cheap ammo, pretty normal for my setup.

hv4jyOx.png