• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maten/Seekins

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
I've been wanting to build 308 and have been holding out for Seekins' 308. I've only been looking at Rainier for a Maten set to come in and haven't seen one in a long time. Where are the Mega Matens? It sounds like the Seekins 308 receivers won't be out for awhile since they'll sell finished rifles before receiver sets. Should I wait for the Seekins or try and grab a Maten?

For the price that Glen is talking about selling complete rifles Id just buy a complete rifle. I generally like building my own but the specs on his 308s is really nice and the price is reasonable.

Can't speak for you, but I am waiting for the Seekins. I hear good things come to those who wait.

Nothing wrong with Seekins , I have his rails, rings and a I built a rifle in 556.
However, you won't find anything better for a 308 rig than Mega.
I wouldn't wait unless you just like Seekins but it won't offer you anything more.
Like I said, I do like Seekins , a lot but I do have 3 MA TEN's.

I love Mega and Seekins, get both... you can't go wrong either way.

In all seriousness, if you are hunting for Mega products try J&G sales. They are one of Mega's bigger dealers, but they are not nearly as well known. When everyone else is bitching they can't find a Maten or other Mega product there have been several times where I've been able to find them online from them.

I couldn't find a Maten set so bought the lower from one place and the upper from another place, and they fit together so damn tight you would have thought they would bought as a matching set.

I just built a maten and love it, although I am waiting to do another build when seekins are released. both companies build top notch products. it's just a matter of how long your willing to wait. for me I'd build a maten now then a seekins later

I couldn't find a Maten set so bought the lower from one place and the upper from another place, and they fit together so damn tight you would have thought they would bought as a matching set.

That's what I was thinking I would have to do. Glad they still fit good.

I have built several AR15s and enjoy the building of them. That's why I was looking to build a 308 but if I want a Seekins then yes I think buying a complete rifle is the way to go.

I bought my Maten recievers as a non matched set from Rainier. I agree the fit is very tight. Same thing with my Mega Ar-15 GTR-3H ambi lower and side charger upper. Very happy with Mega, but im sure Seekins is equally as awesome.

I love my maten, but I was eager for a seekins 308. I was envisioning the billet AR15 looks in the 308 lower. something different, something that stood out from all the others pouring out on the market now. ive got the AR15 lower on my list still. but I think id go mega or wait for a stunner to appear

I must be looking in the wrong place because I can't find anything on the seekins site about .308 rifles. Anyone have a link?