• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mauser M18?

cghorr01

Tire Slayer
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2020
Kentucky
Anyone shooting one of these? Seems like quite a bit of rifle for the money. At least at the price Euro Optic has them.

I got a M18 in 243 Win. Shoots great. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

Reactions: cghorr01
That's good to hear. I bought one in 308 but haven't got my hands on it yet, should be in next week. Definitely seemed like a strong value.

I got a M18 in 243 Win. Shoots great. Absolutely nothing to complain about.

I guess I figured that everyone around here had one for the price? I couldn't pass on it.

I got on in 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the rifle, for the money. It’s not as accurate as the two reviews (articles) I could find specifically on the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have ran some some quality ammo through it but not shooting what I have seen it be able to shoot. I’d like to know the specs on the torque rating for the stock but can’t find it anywhere just in case that may be it. I don’t know what else to do but it’s not shooting as well as I have seen nor hoped.

I purchased one in 6.5 prc. My expectations have been exceeded in all departments except the stock. Hopefully someone will come out with a comfortable stock with some more features? Maybe a little slow on the FPS side of things. I’m hoping it will increase with more rounds down range.

Tthat's good to hear! I noticed there's not much in aftermarket support but it's just a plinking gun for me so I'm sure I'll be happy enough with it as is.

I purchased one in 6.5 prc. My expectations have been exceeded in all departments except the stock. Hopefully someone will come out with a comfortable stock with some more features? Maybe a little slow on the FPS side of things. I’m hoping it will increase with more rounds down range.

What kind of accuracy are you getting? My brother snagged one at the same time as me in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I got on in 6.5 Creedmoor. I really like the rifle, for the money. It’s not as accurate as the two reviews (articles) I could find specifically on the 6.5 Creedmoor. I have ran some some quality ammo through it but not shooting what I have seen it be able to shoot. I’d like to know the specs on the torque rating for the stock but can’t find it anywhere just in case that may be it. I don’t know what else to do but it’s not shooting as well as I have seen nor hoped.

Mine cost about $2200. I like the bolt throw and the trigger isn't bad. It seems to be 75% of what a Tikka is. The stock is pretty bad. Remington 700/Savage bad. Lots of flex, soft plastic. Does not compare to a Tikka plastic stock. The way I'd rate it based on owning cheaper *economy* rifles:

Tikka
Mauser M18
Ruger American
Rem700/Savage
Rem710/whatever newest economy rifle is

What kind of accuracy are you getting? My brother snagged one at the same time as me in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Man, I’ve shot two loads Nosler and Federal, both 140 under an 1”. I’ve shot Barnes LR Hornady ELDX and two or three other loads that was over an 1” and some of those that were well over an 1”....

Just can’t find specs on torque for the stock and I’ve emailed them with no luck. I’ve read, on other rifles that was an issue and fixed accuracy problems and that may be it?? I don’t know. I really like the rifle, for what I have in it and I like what I’ve read about it. So, I don’t know.

Other than a few cosmetic changes the Mauser M18 is the same rifle as the Sauer 100. If you search the forum for Sauer 100 you will find several threads on how they shoot. One member, Jon Bischof has achieved great accuracy with his 6.5CM and a 30-06 Sauer 100.

Reactions: BamaBrad
Mine cost about $2200. I like the bolt throw and the trigger isn't bad. It seems to be 75% of what a Tikka is. The stock is pretty bad. Remington 700/Savage bad. Lots of flex, soft plastic. Does not compare to a Tikka plastic stock. The way I'd rate it based on owning cheaper *economy* rifles:

Tikka
Mauser M18
Ruger American
Rem700/Savage
Rem710/whatever newest economy rifle is

Eurooptic has them for $399 and $429, so I'm wondering if you're talking about a different model. At this price, it's very appealing.

I'd like to buy a 308 and cut the barrel down to 16.5" for in the deer stand and am also looking for info.

Eurooptic has them for $399 and $429, so I'm wondering if you're talking about a different model. At this price, it's very appealing.

I'd like to buy a 308 and cut the barrel down to 16.5" for in the deer stand and am also looking for info.

Haha. Mine was $399 but I bought it for the 50% off Minox certificate, which ended up costing me a lot more. I cut my 6.5 down to 16". That's about the longest you can go and still have a good shoulder to thread 5/8x24. It's pretty handy.

I'm not even worried about threading it and might just take a hack saw to it so it's shorter.

My deer stand is enclosed and a full length rifle is just too cumbersome to move around inside it.

Reactions: Swilk14
Just can’t find specs on torque for the stock and I’ve emailed them with no luck. I’ve read, on other rifles that was an issue and fixed accuracy problems and that may be it?? I don’t know. I really like the rifle, for what I have in it and I like what I’ve read about it. So, I don’t know.
Did you see, or know anyone who tried the Boyd’s At-One stock?

Reactions: NavyToad
Did you see, or know anyone who tried the Boyd’s At-One stock?

I asked Boyd's if they would be making a stock for the M18. Cool that they came out with something. That being said I'm not a fan of the AT One. I've got one for a Mauser (real Mauser) and not happy with it. It seems well made and the adjustment is nice but something that doesn't show up in pics is the hard/sharp edges. It's not smooth. It feels like holding a 2x4 but with less radius on the corners. Picture a stealth fighter. That's the design.

I asked Boyd's if they would be making a stock for the M18. Cool that they came out with something. That being said I'm not a fan of the AT One. I've got one for a Mauser (real Mauser) and not happy with it. It seems well made and the adjustment is nice but something that doesn't show up in pics is the hard/sharp edges. It's not smooth. It feels like holding a 2x4 but with less radius on the corners. Picture a stealth fighter. That's the design.
I went with a Boyd’s on my 98 build as well. I passed on the ATone because I didn’t trust the finished quality. Glad I went with my gut.
The one I got still required a lot of barrel channel massaging and I bedded it as well. It’s good enough for now. Eventually I may put it in a McMillan.

49FD1A6A-309D-45F6-B089-520828FB8788.jpeg