• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Max Barrel Diameter for SF Suppressor

saddlerocker

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
PA
So I have a legacy SF FA556-212 I use on a couple ARs.
I recently got a 223 Wylde bolt gun and mounted an MB556k adaptor to use the can. (The MB55K does not have the extra length behind the teeth like the P/N model, and the newer Socom adapters)
Its a Med Palma contour at 22".
.85" at the shoulder.

The suppressor collar only gets a few ratchet clicks on the teeth of the adapter/mount before rubbing on the barrel at 12 O'clock which appears to be what is stopping it from ratcheting further. (The collar has a wobble type axis by design when tightening. Hard to describe unless you are familiar)

I have searched for a max shoulder diameter for the new Socom and the legacy cans, but I cant seem to find anything about it.
Does anyone know if there is a max? Is it ok that I am only getting about 5 clicks on the teeth?

It has shot well and alignment is good with multiple times taking it on and off.

EDIT: I just read some mention about a new Gen2 collar that was offered on some refurbished legacy suppressors around 2019ish. I am guessing its the same as the Socom collars. Anyone know the difference?

1st picture the collar is all the way open, you can see it is centered.
2nd picture is all the way closed/locked and the collar is off center and it contacts the barrel within a few clicks on the adapter teeth.
1000003354.jpg

1000003353.jpg

1000003350.jpg

Attachments

• 1000003354.jpg
    1000003354.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
5 clicks is good to go,,,2? I wouldn’t. great can btw. Mine was a bright orange at big Sandy with a 10in M16,,,