• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MCM A5 stock w/Thumb wheel cheek problem UPDATE!

Re: MCM A5 stock w/Thumb wheel cheek piece problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use thin lock washers. Not the type that are split but the type that appear to be bent or curved. </div></div>

Maybe a dumb question, but where do you put them so that they make contact?

Glad to see McM CS is taking care of the problem on their dime.

I looked at my old style thumb wheel type, and noticed that the machined flats on the aluminum pillars are not situated 90 degrees to the thumb wheel screws, but are at an angle to the screws. This, of course, doesn't help anything either.

I wonder if McM will send the new style hardware, for us to change out, then we can return the old style hardware back to them, in their provided mailer.

I just traded my A5 for an A3 with the older (I believe) thumbwheel. A5 had KMW hardware, so I haven't had that problem. Maybe I can get it rectified prior to doing my bedding and such, but I'm SO impatient when the ADD is kicked in!

My other stock is an A3 Adj, but no thumbwheel, so it hasn't given me any problems.

USMCj-I know that sadly the rifle had to go, but did you try the fix prior?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tim1071</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use thin lock washers. Not the type that are split but the type that appear to be bent or curved. </div></div>

Maybe a dumb question, but where do you put them so that they make contact? </div></div>

They go between the stock and the head of the screw. They put some tension on the screws and keep them from vibrating loose.