• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan spacer system

Niles Coyote

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 13, 2007
    South West, MI
    Anybody know what a standard factory pull lengths adjusts from and to, on a spacer system if no length of pull was specified.

Re: Mcmillan spacer system

Not sure where you measure from but I know I have a shit pot of spacers on my A3....tell me where you want a measurement from.....rear screw?......and I sill measure to the front of the pad. I put longer bolts in mine though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dontstrokeme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure where you measure from but I know I have a shit pot of spacers on my A3....tell me where you want a measurement from.....rear screw?......and I sill measure to the front of the pad. I put longer bolts in mine though. </div></div>

The rear action bolt to the back of the pad will work nicely. Thanks dontstorkeme!

The reason I ask this, I found one I like and seller thinks the short setting is 11.5 but does not know the max.... I need 14.5 to 14.75. I take it these can be extended with longer screws????

Gentlemen,
    Unless otherwise spec'ed, we set the spacer systems to go from 12 3/4" to 14 1/4". The stock is only 12.5" out of the mold, so max is 13 1/4"(1/4" base plate and 1/2" pad) to 14 3/4", or 1/2" more with a 1" pad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick Davis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen,
    Unless otherwise spec'ed, we set the spacer systems to go from 12 3/4" to 14 1/4". The stock is only 12.5" out of the mold, so max is 13 1/4"(1/4" base plate and 1/2" pad) to 14 3/4", or 1/2" more with a 1" pad. </div></div>

So if I read that right a stock with standard spec's would be able to go 15 1/4"....right?

I am 11.75" from screw center to start of spacers, 1 15/16" of spacers and from screw center to rear of pad is 14"....all with a 25ft tape so they are approximate.

I am 6'9" 285lbs though....I am able to shoot bench and prone with this LOP.

Niles, perhaps I wasn't very clear. The standard spec we set them at is 12 3/4" to 14 1/4". That's with all four spacers and the standard 1/2" pad. So 14 1/4" is the max lop, measured from the trigger face. You can order it for max lop, which is 13 1/4" to 14 3/4", with all four spacers and the standard 1/2" pad. To get more than 14 3/4" you need to order it with a 1" pad, which will give you an extra 1/2" over the standard pad for a max possible lop of 15 1/4". Anything over this needs longer screws and more spacers.