• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Acquires CKYE-POD

Did the option for left hand arca swiss go away? I see it on the PRD website it showed that option but on MDT website there doesnt seem to an option.

I tried to add arca swiss standard height manytimes to my cart, it had no effect. I could add the picatinny version fine. Now I can't see arca swiss listed.

I did sign up with my email address.

Not sure what's going on.

I tried to add arca swiss standard height manytimes to my cart, it had no effect. I could add the picatinny version fine. Now I can't see arca swiss listed.

I did sign up with my email address.

Not sure what's going on.
PM Sent

You will only be able to add in stock CKYE-PODS to your cart, the popular versions sold out immediately, but we will have more stock again soon!

Ok.

I signed up with an email to be notified when in stock probably a month and a half ago. I also phoned in and was told the only way is to sign up with an email. I didn't get any notification at all of stock, yes I checked my spam folder.

Is there any other way to be notified when in stock of the configuration I want, instead of checking your website all the time? Do you expect availability of product to be any better than before under MDT?

Ok.

I signed up with an email to be notified when in stock probably a month and a half ago. I also phoned in and was told the only way is to sign up with an email. I didn't get any notification at all of stock, yes I checked my spam folder.

Is there any other way to be notified when in stock of the configuration I want, instead of checking your website all the time? Do you expect availability of product to be any better than before under MDT?

I signed up for one, but didn't get an email notification either.

Because we were very limited on inventory, only the first 150 people that signed up got an email notification. Once we have a full batch ready, we will let everyone know that signed up! We are working very hard to make sure this happens as soon as possible

Hello All,

We now have some inventory and are allowing backorders on CKYE-PODS! The next run will be shipping the first week of August so now is the time to place your order.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Just received a new mdt Ckye. I have multiple others before the acquisition as well. Has anyone noticed the tolerances are much looser? Mine seems super sloppy even when tightening everything down. Maybe it’s just me?

Just received a new mdt Ckye. I have multiple others before the acquisition as well. Has anyone noticed the tolerances are much looser? Mine seems super sloppy even when tightening everything down. Maybe it’s just me?

I sold mine as it seemed like a ton of play to load out compared to atlas cal and tbac bipods. I didn’t have a pre-MDT version to compare.

While all the adjustments were awesome, I didn’t find myself using anymore than what most other bipods do. Though in a field match, I could see using the features more.

Reactions: Xtremegunnr
I have the pre-MDT version and I agree that it does have quite a bit more play than my Atlas. Still rockin' it though and have no plans of getting rid of it unless the TBAC starts calling my name.

Reactions: Xtremegunnr
To clarify, the new bipod made by MDT seems to be quite a lot sloppier than the earlier models. Those don’t lock up like my atlas bipod but aren’t retched

I sold mine as it seemed like a ton of play to load out compared to atlas cal and tbac bipods. I didn’t have a pre-MDT version to compare.

While all the adjustments were awesome, I didn’t find myself using anymore than what most other bipods do. Though in a field match, I could see using the features more.

There will be more movement in the CKYE Pod vs an Atlas in this comparison but the CKYE Pod will be faster to manipulate and get into position and have more adjustability. Once you load either, or if you are using a heavy rifle, you shouldn't notice any difference in stability or support, other than you will be able to be in many more positions with the CKYE Pod than other solutions currently available.

There will be more movement in the CKYE Pod vs an Atlas in this comparison but the CKYE Pod will be faster to manipulate and get into position and have more adjustability. Once you load either, or if you are using a heavy rifle, you shouldn't notice any difference in stability or support, other than you will be able to be in many more positions with the CKYE Pod than other solutions currently available.

Point is, more loading is required. More than I personally like.

The amount of times the ckye pod’s extra adjustment is needed is pretty minimal. Shot 6 matches with it and never used it in a way I couldn’t use my atlas.

It’s got a ton of adjustability, but that comes at a cost of more play in the system.

Personal preference as to whether or not that is a worthwhile trade off.

Also, the tbac is faster to deploy than ckye pod. But it doesn’t have the amount of adjustments the ckye pod has.

And you absolutely notice a difference. Claiming you don’t is comical.

Not that the difference may affect downranfe performance, but there’s definitely a difference in feel.

And you absolutely notice a difference. Claiming you don’t is comical.

Not that the difference may affect downranfe performance, but there’s definitely a difference in feel.

Correct, there is a difference in feel, it is faster and easier to manipulate for most people, when it's weighed down with the rifle, you will be just as stable and that is where you won't notice a difference.

Hands down the Ckye Pod is far more stable than an Atlas. It creates a wider footprint with more adjustability. Its obviously different to operate than the other popular options out there. Familiarization is fast and the controls are intuitive. I took my first Ckye Pod to a match a few days after I received it and without any practice had no trouble at all using the system with ease. Just because its different doesn't mean its bad.

Hands down the Ckye Pod is far more stable than an Atlas. It creates a wider footprint with more adjustability. Its obviously different to operate than the other popular options out there. Familiarization is fast and the controls are intuitive. I took my first Ckye Pod to a match a few days after I received it and without any practice had no trouble at all using the system with ease. Just because its different doesn't mean its bad.
I will wait for a pan lock version.

Reactions: Jlcichocki
I will wait for a pan lock version.

tenor.gif

Are the mounts replaceable? I would like to run one if I could put the RRS mount on that accepts both Arca and piccatinny.

406 Bullets.com who originally came up with the Ckye Pod
Where did you get the adapter?
In the photo it looks like you have the RRS BTC-Pro directly attached to the Ckye-Pod without an adapter. But in a later post in this thread you say you got the adapter at 406bullets.com. Is there an adapter? If so, could you provide a link? I couldn't find an adapter on 406bullets.com

ordered my acc from mdt with the ckye pod from mile high . yea THREE WEEKS TO WAIT . Christmas please don't be late , I have to thank adam for all the help help and knowledge and for putting up with all my questions .

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Have used mine on a few competitions, and only thing that's been annoying is the tensions screws(panning and tilt) getting loose in the middle of the stages...

Tried blue locktite and it worked well for half a match(2 day match) before it got sloppy again...

Next i will try the red stuff, hopefully i never have to take it a part again tho...

As it is now i fiddle more with the bipod than necessary, as the panning and tilt gets 0 resistance. Pretty hard to concentrate on the shooting when the damn bipod swings around when your lifting the gun for position changes or bumps them in to something...

I like the functions of them tho, but as it is now. not worth the price...

Last edited:
Call Ckye at 406 bullets. Had a buddy I shoot with have his start getting loose and sloppy and we couldn't figure out why, turns out he was missing a part I believe.

If you take it apart to switch clamps or anything and loose ANYTHING it can have a profound effect.

I've snugged up my panning screw once after 3 national matches and a local and it wasn't even loose, I just noticed it was starting to pan a bit when I wasn't doing it on purpose.

Have used mine on a few competitions, and only thing that's been annoying is the tensions screws(panning and tilt) getting loose in the middle of the stages...

Tried blue locktite and it worked well for half a match(2 day match) before it got sloppy again...

Next i will try the red stuff, hopefully i never have to take it a part again tho...

As it is now i fiddle more with the bipod than necessary, as the panning and tilt gets 0 resistance. Pretty hard to concentrate on the shooting when the damn bipod swings around when your lifting the gun for position changes or bumps them in to something...

I like the functions of them tho, but as it is now. not worth the price...
Here is a video on the maintenance on the CKYE Pod, which should help you out. However, if you still have an issue, send us an e-mail, and we will get everything taken care of for you.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Thanks, going to check it tomorrow.

Might be missing something, or something is off specs.

Have had the same issues since day one, as they where used for the first time on a 24 hour match. Got them in the mail a few days before the match so didn't have much time playing around with them.

Here is a video on the maintenance on the CKYE Pod, which should help you out. However, if you still have an issue, send us an e-mail, and we will get everything taken care of for you.

Have had the same issues since day one, as they where used for the first time on a 24 hour match. Got them in the mail a few days before the match so didn't have much time playing around with them.

Thanks, going to check it tomorrow.

Might be missing something, or something is off specs.

Understood, we will make sure you are taken care of!