• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Fufillment

Moose3

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2020
Can anyone offer me some insight on how dealing with MDT generally works. I placed 2 separate orders on Black Friday for blem products. Yesterday I inquired about when they would ship and was told on the first one it was back ordered until January 6th and the second one I was told it would take it would take 6 weeks to ship.

2 things come to mind,

1. How can a factory blem, that had its for sale quanity be back ordered?
2. How can any company take 6 weeks to ship anything, regardless of how many orders you were inundated with?

I am asking because this is my first time dealing with MDT, but it has left me thinking this will likely be the last. I guess I will have to look harder at a MPA for this next build I am putting together.

Welcome to Snipershide. Congrats on scoring some Black Friday deals, sorry you are unhappy to have to wait for those deals to get to you. Go ahead and have them shipped to my house. You then can place a new order at full price and not have to wait as long.

their BF sale is one of the most popular out there and because of it it has flooded their servers the last two years. They have worked hard to honor prices and help people score deals because of the issues. They are a great company and like almost everyone in the industry are overwhelmed with the demand compared to the supply they can provide.

take a seat, relax, enjoy the holidays, and your packages will arrive in no time.

Can anyone offer me some insight on how dealing with MDT generally works. I placed 2 separate orders on Black Friday for blem products. Yesterday I inquired about when they would ship and was told on the first one it was back ordered until January 6th and the second one I was told it would take it would take 6 weeks to ship.

2 things come to mind,

2. How can any company take 6 weeks to ship anything, regardless of how many orders you were inundated with?

I am asking because this is my first time dealing with MDT, but it has left me thinking this will likely be the last. I guess I will have to look harder at a MPA for this next build I am putting together.

Blems are coming from Canada so with however customs and shit works there's part of your answer.

Now I'm in the same boat as you, I did not see a disclaimer about blem products. But if it's a make or break cancel your order and move on. Bashing or simping for gun companies will get you nowhere.

No one is bashing MDT, and I believe they were inundated. It took an hour and a half to check out. I decided to ask here for insight on what normal is here.

I have ordered from nearly 2 dozen firearm related companies in the last 2 months, and while several were delayed, nothing was like this. It's not something that I needed right away so I can wait, but without some framing of what normal is from my fellow hiders how else can I gauge?

Reactions: Baron23
Oh I believe they were inundated. It took an hour and a half to check out. I decided to ask here for insight on what normal is here. I have ordered from nearly 2 dozen firearm related companies in the last 2 months, and while several were delayed, nothing was like this. It's not something that I needed right away, but the input of my fellow hiders will definitely influence my future opinion.
rule of thumb for black friday...always expect a shit show. I had zero issues checking out when I ordered the ckye pod

Reactions: Snowballs
My blem chassis showed up yesterday. No tracking number for the blem stock I ordered yet. The massive banner made it pretty clear shipping would take a while and for the type of deals they offered and the volume they experienced they have earned patience from me.

Reactions: nikonNUT
No one is bashing MDT, and I believe they were inundated. It took an hour and a half to check out. I decided to ask here for insight on what normal is here.

I have ordered from nearly 2 dozen firearm related companies in the last 2 months, and while several were delayed, nothing was like this. It's not something that I needed right away so I can wait, but without some framing of what normal is from my fellow hiders how else can I gauge?
I just got an email from MDT yesterday with an update of an expected ship date of 6 January of the stuff I ordered on black Friday. There was something on the page I think that gave an 8 to 12 week lead time due to black Friday. Also, I ordered from XLR on their black Friday sale and was told probably 8 weeks there too. I don't mind waiting since I scored such good deals.

I received an email yesterday as well regarding the shipping delays. My personal experience with MDT customer service has been nothing but exceptional.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I think we the consumer have been extremely spoiled over the last few years of immediate availability on so many things. When I built my first custom rig (+/-2001) I am pretty sure it was a standard wait for 3 months or more for the barrel. They weren't in stock everywhere by the ton like they seem to be now.
I also got in on the MDT black friday deals... No alarms here.. It will come when they get caught up.

I saw the banner about delayed shipping, I didn't take note of exact dates. I mistakenly thought it was probably like most of the other companies that warned of delays, but there actually were not any significant delays. Buds, KyGunCo, Optics Planet all warn about potential for 3 week order processing, none of them took anywhere near that. Thank you for feedback on your own situations.

And yes Amazon has ruined all of our expectations of order processing and delivery. Even if you hate Amazon, they have forced the hand of other retailers to step up their game.

I wish I was waiting for an order from MDT. I tried many many times to get on their site and get an order in, but never made it through.

I was told today that it is UPS's fault. Apparently the amount of product they have stacked up to go out is too much for the local trucks and MDT US has to arrange for a trailer to pick up the product.

I was told today that it is UPS's fault. Apparently the amount of product they have stacked up to go out is too much for the local trucks and MDT US has to arrange for a trailer to pick up the product.
Reference the latest MDT black friday post. They are still making them concurrently with the Gen2s. The blem ckye pods and other gear was not in hand when people ordered them.

This is all news to me, but knowing that they are reworking them makes so much more sense to what may be going on.

Blems are coming from Canada so with however customs and shit works there's part of your answer.

Now I'm in the same boat as you, I did not see a disclaimer about blem products. But if it's a make or break cancel your order and move on. Bashing or simping for gun companies will get you nowhere.
They won’t let you cancel. I ordered some stuff that I found out after the fact won’t work for me and asked to have the items canceled before it ships and they aren’t going to/ can’t do it. I will have to return it once it’s received.

Yeah I am kicking myself in the ass for not clicking the place order button for their BF deal. Grrr. That ACC chassis will look great with my new build.

They won’t let you cancel. I ordered some stuff that I found out after the fact won’t work for me and asked to have the items canceled before it ships and they aren’t going to/ can’t do it. I will have to return it once it’s received.
or just sell it on the hide. you wont lose money

Reactions: OREGUN
Hey @Moose3 if you give us an idea of what you ordered, I can probably provide some insight :) The reason a lot of our "blems" get back ordered is that you guys hug our website to death (literally), order an insane amount of product in an insanely short amount of time and as such, we typically allow a little over-ordering which we just make up with new product. What this leads to is you guys getting new product at super low deals, but the tradeoff is the wait time.

In the case of the Ckye-Pod's, they have come up in a couple threads now, but we are doing a final tear down and rebuild with better components before shipping them out again, which has pushed the expected ship date out to 11 January, 2021 for the Gen1's. We honestly have a small army that goes through and assembles all of our chassis, accessories, magazines, scope rings, grips, you name it, and right now they are all working overtime to keep up!

TLDR: I am sorry for the delay, but I promise you that we're working as hard as we can to fulfill orders, ship them out and provide the best support that we can!

Josh

Fuck. If 6weeks is getting to you, trying waiting 6+ months for your Ckye pod to come in from warranty work. I’m legitimately thrilled they offered to upgrade me to the gen 2 model which they didn’t have to do, and I’m more than happy that they are making sure they are perfecting their product before sending it out. I bought another gen 1 Ckye pod and an Atlas CAL for the time being once I found out it was going to be a while.

MDT is a great company to deal with and if a 6 week shipping time for things you got at a damn good price is going to sway you to another company, then that’s your loss. Otherwise sit tight and enjoy your toys when they show up.

I had zero issues. 1600 on Friday I put my order in, and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

...and now I need to build the rifle.:LOL:

Hey @Moose3 if you give us an idea of what you ordered, I can probably provide some insight :) The reason a lot of our "blems" get back ordered is that you guys hug our website to death (literally), order an insane amount of product in an insanely short amount of time and as such, we typically allow a little over-ordering which we just make up with new product. What this leads to is you guys getting new product at super low deals, but the tradeoff is the wait time.

In the case of the Ckye-Pod's, they have come up in a couple threads now, but we are doing a final tear down and rebuild with better components before shipping them out again, which has pushed the expected ship date out to 11 January, 2021 for the Gen1's. We honestly have a small army that goes through and assembles all of our chassis, accessories, magazines, scope rings, grips, you name it, and right now they are all working overtime to keep up!

TLDR: I am sorry for the delay, but I promise you that we're working as hard as we can to fulfill orders, ship them out and provide the best support that we can!

Josh
I ordered a pair of ckye pods. I had been looking to buy one since mid September, so the wait isn't just 6 weeks per say. Seeing the responses here tells me it is worth the wait.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Ordered a couple magazines. They sent me an email stating it could be a couple months. I responded... no worries. It's too cold to PRS right now.

Thus far MDT has done right by me, even though I've been kind of a tool in once instance. So... realize we're still in a pandemic for a sec.

I ordered a pair of ckye pods. I had been looking to buy one since mid September, so the wait isn't just 6 weeks per say. Seeing the responses here tells me it is worth the wait.
As you saw above MDT has great customer service. As far as the wait there are many of us in the same boat, there's even a thread on the hide here about "where are all the ckye-pods" or something like that. This wait from MDT is not the norm for them the rest of the year, but black friday is as Josh put above an abnormal situation. The whole ckye-pod thing is simply because they did what most companies don't do and worry about putting out a better product vs just pushing out something for profit.
I know no one has really directly answered that question, so far not MDT is known for their customer service and the wait will be worth it. I love my ckye-pod and have a triple that i ordered bf

I ordered a few magazines and a tee shirt on Black Friday and they were delivered yesterday, so about a week
Last year I scored an ACC chassis for my Tikka on Black Friday and had it before Christmas. The website crashes aren’t fun but as much product as gets purchased that day, it’s not surprising.

Welcome to Snipershide. Congrats on scoring some Black Friday deals, sorry you are unhappy to have to wait for those deals to get to you. Go ahead and have them shipped to my house. You then can place a new order at full price and not have to wait as long.

their BF sale is one of the most popular out there and because of it it has flooded their servers the last two years. They have worked hard to honor prices and help people score deals because of the issues. They are a great company and like almost everyone in the industry are overwhelmed with the demand compared to the supply they can provide.

take a seat, relax, enjoy the holidays, and your packages will arrive in no time.
yup scored a ess chassis, forne, mag, & adjustable stock for my savage! Merry Christmas, Happy birthday yeehaw

I ordered stuff off their website and never even got a tracking number. I assumed it would just take a long time to ship. It actually got here today though. Anyhow, even if it took forever to get here, it was a good deal and not something I needed yesterday. Quit complaining and be glad you got a good deal or gtfo...

I ordered a HS3 just to try, when it gets here it gets here.

I am in the same boat you are in. Blem Tac21 on BF. Just received an email that it is expected to ship in Feb. Oh well, the price was great. I can wait. I bought a bunch of items from them on BF, some already arrived, others delayed. Good company and great products though.

Mine stings a little in that I am jist finishing assembling a new rifle with my first Arca rail and i won't have a bipod for in until it gets here. Just keep telling myself I don't NEED it...

I have ordered allot from MDT with no issues, but Black Friday for them is usually bad, the website will implode and the Priest they have throwing Holy Water and saying Hail Mary's will catch fire. :LOL: But you will still get what you ordered, even if they tell you it will be few weeks.;)

Any more, it is a yearly tradition, like the fruitcake your in-laws gives you for xmas.

I never expected it, but my order arrived yesterday for my chassis. That was a crazy night, spent 20 minutes fighting their website crashing.

I never expected it, but my order arrived yesterday for my chassis. That was a crazy night, spent 20 minutes fighting their website crashing.
I was on as soon as the page went live, 4 clicks and I was trying to check out. Hour and half later I got it done. I don't blame anyone that walked away. I had 2 devices clicking refresh continually. I am thankful, just waiting.

@MDT_Josh "The reason a lot of our "blems" get back ordered is that you guys hug our website to death (literally), order an insane amount of product...we typically allow a little over-ordering which we just make up with new product...this leads to is you guys getting new product at super low deals...

In the case of the Ckye-Pod's...we are doing a final tear down and rebuild with better components before shipping them...We honestly have a small army that goes through...and right now they are all working overtime to keep up!
I am sorry for the delay, but I promise you that we're working as hard as we can to fulfill orders, ship them out and provide the best support that we can!"

All of these reasons are indicative of a company that is doing everything right by the consumer for reasons that do not necessarily make sense other than just to say they are doing it as a very gracious service. Going above and beyond their call of duty seems to just be who they are as a company. I have been very impressed with the obviously enormous effort these guys have shown to do all of these things when many companies would just say it isn't worth it and walk away with less hassle and headache. Im sure they stand to make a profit on black friday too, but they know they could make more than they did. Those were some killer deals and I for one want them to know I am grateful they are sticking it out and seem so committed to only offering the "best" product to their consumers and still the best customer service. Every one of their products seem to have all 5 star reviews on every website. That doesn't happen by accident! Thanks MDT. We hope you don't give it up. Many loyalties are made by the way you conduct business on black friday.

Last edited:
This is helpful. I got a shipping notice for my mags yesterday but not the CkyePod. Previous post makes sense. Not in any hurry so it's all good if they are trying to improve the product.

MDT has always done right by me. It's a black Friday order. I remove all expectations when ordering anything on black Friday from pretty much any company. I missed the big red banner but it's all good. Not like I can afford to shoot right now anyway lol.

I got this email 3 days ago. I ordered 3 Poly/Metal Magazine AICS - Short Action mags.

"Hello, (name redacted)
I'm reaching out to give you an update on your order (2000134662), placed during our Black Friday sale.

As indicated when you checked out, your order is currently back-ordered. Our production teams are working on clearing these up as quickly as possible. We expect the product you ordered to be in stock and shipped out by January 6.

We would love to get your order shipped out sooner than that, and we are going to push hard to get the lead-time shortened. You will get an email notification with a tracking number when the order is prepared for shipping.

Thank you for your patience!"

As someone above said, when it gets here, it gets here.

I have had nothing but good dealings with MDT! Other than the website crashing every year when the BF sale starts I managed to get some great deals and my gear arrived on my doorstep in just over a week.

I’ll make a comparison post when I receive it. I’ll do some reloading this evening and tomorrow so I can take them to the range to see what differences in the support aspect and then general differences and what not! There will be plenty of pics for your enjoyment lol

2 things come to mind,

Two years ago, my LSS took six weeks after BF. Last year, my ESS and ACC took about 5 weeks. The # of orders they get is no joke. Last year, we crashed their system in the first 60 seconds. Just be patient......like a precision rifle shooter should be.