• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Fufillment

I’ll save you the hard work
6AF4C5CF-6C89-4AA1-A25A-DA3CAE44AA80.png

I'm hoping that knob on the bottom isn't the tension knob control they said they are adding.. we all know how well the knob on the bottom worked on the atlas line

I’ll save you the hard work View attachment 7497290

That is a Gen1 sling swivel ;)

Gen2's will have the following features:
  1. Tooless cant adjustment
  2. Pan lock with bipod perpendicular to the barrel
  3. Updated tolerances and interfaces for a more solid/stable feel when behind the gun
That's a little generalized, but that is the gist of it.

Josh

Just got my shipping notice on my gen 2 Ckye pod and it should be here Saturday! Looking forward to comparing it to my gen 1!
How much did you pay for the Gen 2 ckyepod?

I knew the br mag I ordered was back ordered but none of the other 500 bucks in weights. Kind of surprised but ehh, it’s whatever. It gonna make me pull the trigger any straighter.

How much did you pay for the Gen 2 ckyepod?
I didn’t. I sent my gen 1 in for warranty work back in June I think before they announced a gen 2 and it was right as they halted production on the gen 1’s to start the gen 2’s. They offered a full refund or upgrade to the gen 2 so I took the latter as I had no problem waiting for the roll out. I bought another gen 1 in the meantime while I waited lol

Reactions: Baron23 and louu
one too many bud lights tonight?
One too few of you ask me.
Auto correct got me on the back ordered but I thought the rest was pretty coherent?

I didn’t figure they would hold up 500 bucks in chassis weights for that one mag which I’m not expecting until April. If it said they were back ordered I never took notice and I saw plenty of other back order notices on everything else.
But so long as they get here eventually it’s fine. My set up isn’t holding me back without them.

• Haha
Reactions: b6graham
Late to the party but yeah site said expect up to 12 weeks, although it was for certain items. The bigger question is Area 419. Not trying to bash them but I had ordered an instock barrel (this was back in October or so before sales flooded everyone) and ended up canceling because after 2 1/2 week it was still not shipped.

Late to the party but yeah site said expect up to 12 weeks, although it was for certain items. The bigger question is Area 419. Not trying to bash them but I had ordered an instock barrel (this was back in October or so before sales flooded everyone) and ended up canceling because after 2 1/2 week it was still not shipped.
wrong thread.

maybe reach out to them?

One might say MDT's website had a catastrophic failure on their Black Friday sale, so we'll have to bear with them on orders. I work as a programmer and actually talked with MDT about their crash. Without saying too much, they're doing everything they can to fulfill orders. I'd anticipate that they'll be evaluating completely re-platforming their website, which is a massive undertaking.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Obviously you have never submitted a Form 4 to the BATFE.....they don’t even give you a disclaimer for estimated wait times 😀

I ordered a factory second base ESS chassis from them and it arrived last week (shipped to received took about a week to Indiana). I have absolutely no complaints however the chassis isn't going to work for my rifle so it's now sitting for sale in the buy-sell-trade section. Pretty sure MDT_Josh is the one I emailed back and forth about it too.

I didn’t. I sent my gen 1 in for warranty work back in June I think before they announced a gen 2 and it was right as they halted production on the gen 1’s to start the gen 2’s. They offered a full refund or upgrade to the gen 2 so I took the latter as I had no problem waiting for the roll out. I bought another gen 1 in the meantime while I waited lol

What issues were you having with the gen1 that it needed to be sent in?

What issues were you having with the gen1 that it needed to be sent in?
I traded my first Ckye pod that I ordered from SAC with the regular length legs to a guy with the PRS legs as the regulars were too high for me. Got the traded one in and the feet wouldn’t lock into place with either Atlas rubber feet or the claws that come with the Ckye pod. Hit up MDT, told them the situation, they issued me an RMA and the rest is history. Super chill company to deal with and they communicated with me each time the deadline for the new bipod would be missed.

The gen 1 I have right now I bought used from a hide member and has given me zero issues however. It’s an awesome piece of kit and very versatile.

I traded my first Ckye pod that I ordered from SAC with the regular length legs to a guy with the PRS legs as the regulars were too high for me. Got the traded one in and the feet wouldn’t lock into place with either Atlas rubber feet or the claws that come with the Ckye pod. Hit up MDT, told them the situation, they issued me an RMA and the rest is history. Super chill company to deal with and they communicated with me each time the deadline for the new bipod would be missed.

The gen 1 I have right now I bought used from a hide member and has given me zero issues however. It’s an awesome piece of kit and very versatile.
Was it that the detent hole in the leg is too high up that it wouldn't lock in? Curious because I just got one from a guy and it's doing exactly that. If i don't try and use my whole body weight on it the detent on the foot wouldn't get pushed up high enough. Kinda sucked that I discovered it on the clock when my foot stayed when i picked my rifle up to move

Yep I get a Christmas card every year from MDT. Scares the shit out of my wife because she thinks I must spend massive amounts of money with them 😂😂. Great company with excellent customer service.

They didn't get any triple legs but they seem to have double leg and the standard models in gen2. Time to cancel my gen1 order.
Shit just got real!

I have, and have posted, a lot of MDT anecdotes, all of them in appreciation of their support of the community. Here's just one.
  1. Black Friday 2018: Ordered two 10-round metal .308 mags at 40-50% off or whatever it was.
  2. Got notice about delayed shipping with prospective arrival in February x-teenth or whenever it was.
  3. Mags received as advised.
  4. Used one, left the other in the bag. I found it to be very, VERY stiff to load in the last 2 rounds (6.5CM). Feeding was flawless but no way I could keep rifle on target while trying to dislodge rounds from the full or nearly-full mag wile on the clock.
  5. MDT support was (as always) immediately responsive and said they had a run of mags that exhibited the traits described. Sent me new springs on their dime. No improvement. I used that mag for practice but never in matches. It was still better than a couple of other metal mags but not so smooth as a plastic Magpul one I used in matches..
  6. Built a new rifle still in 6.5CM, a Defiance Deviant/Bartlein/Timney rig in an MDT ACC. Given the new slate, I contacted MDT support again with my previous case numbers.... bottom line: MDT shipped me two new 12-round mags, 2-day express on their dime, for ONLY the $10/each price difference between 10- and 12-round items and included a return label for the old mags. Guys, I TOLD them on the phone the old mags were two years old and they owed me nothing - but... MDT. Because MDT.
  7. The 12-rounders feed slick as Center-X through your fingers on a 90-degree day.
So, OP, this kind of service behind excellent products is why MDT's BF sale is legendary and people like me who know the company - from its support staff to its executives - strongly advocate for them. Be patient. You're dealing with the best.

(@MDT_OFFICIAL - Thanks for the Christmas card. Best wishes from me & mine to you & yours.)

Last edited:
Got me 3 mags in today. 1 whole month faster than anticipated, and UPS managed to down a day as well. Love it.

Got my lss-xl chassis from Black Friday last night. Wasn’t expecting it to get here before January so it was a nice surprise. Big shout out to @MDT_OFFICIAL for an awesome sale and pretty damn speedy delivery given the situation. The chassis is damn near perfect. If there’s a blemish I couldn’t find it. Y’all rock and keep it up 🤙
Now I just have to wait a couple of paychecks to order their skeleton stock. This will be an exciting build

Another happy and satisfied MDT aficionado here...just ordered another magazine and some M-Lok rails and they shipped and will be here soon. I think the Black Friday deal is just a shit show for everyone and especially with holiday shipping snafu and this covid party going on some degree of patience is probably in order. MDT is The Good Stuff.

VooDoo

I received word that my Ckye Pods have shipped and should be here at years end. I would think this may mean that all the Gen 1 blems are shipping.

Just got my Black Friday order and I am in Canada (4 hours away by road).

Our postal service (I use that term lightly) is pitifully slow. Should be called 'Canada Post & Storage' since that is what happens to many parcels. The current excuse is Christmas, Covid, lockdowns, blah, blah, blah. Who'd of ever thought there'd be lots of mail shipped? :)

MDT does a fantastic job getting orders shipped but if they go by mail they may fall into a black hole once they hit Richmond (Vancouver).

Top notch outfit and at the top of my friendly forces file.

Just got my shipping notice on my gen 2 Ckye pod and it should be here Saturday! Looking forward to comparing it to my gen 1!
Wow, my friend, I too wonder how you got a Gen 2 as their site won't let you order one?? I presume you put in an order before they locked the product up.

And its a Gen 2 and not one of the reworked G1's that Josh alluded to above.

In any case, good for you...nice xmas present to yourself.

I have bought some things from MDT and made a few inquires about product...mostly JAE and Cyke Pod.

I personally think that MDT and @MDT_Josh do a fantastic job of staying engaged with the community about their status and progress, great ordering and CS processes (yeah, when the site doesn't crash from BF...haha), and I have been very happy with the products I have received.

I agree with many above....MDT is a very good vendor and partner to the shooting community.

Cheers and happy Kwanzaa! ;-) hahaha

Wow, my friend, I too wonder how you got a Gen 2 as their site won't let you order one?? I presume you put in an order before they locked the product up.

And its a Gen 2 and not one of the reworked G1's that Josh alluded to above.

In any case, good for you...nice xmas present to yourself.

I have bought some things from MDT and made a few inquires about product...mostly JAE and Cyke Pod.

I personally think that MDT and @MDT_Josh do a fantastic job of staying engaged with the community about their status and progress, great ordering and CS processes (yeah, when the site doesn't crash from BF...haha), and I have been very happy with the products I have received.

I agree with many above....MDT is a very good vendor and partner to the shooting community.

Cheers and happy Kwanzaa! ;-) hahaha
You can read about my luck here, as well as a review of my thoughts on the new Gen 2 Ckye Pod.

MDT's customer service absolutely makes them the best company IMO. My Black Friday ACC order showed up at my door 6 days after the sale, which is pretty phenomenal. Their customer engagement and responsiveness also give me 100% confidence that I can 1) talk to a real person and 2) have my issue resolved to my satisfaction. Those 2 alone are worth more than whatever list price I pay for.

You can read about my luck here, as well as a review of my thoughts on the new Gen 2 Ckye Pod.
Yeah....sigh....I didn't see your reply that you were queued up for Gen 2 due to warranty option on a Gen 1. I need to slow down a bit.

And thanks for the link...I'm going to read that thread now.

Cheers

Reactions: Krob95
Yeah....sigh....I didn't see your reply that you were queued up for Gen 2 due to warranty option on a Gen 1. I need to slow down a bit.

And thanks for the link...I'm going to read that thread now.

Cheers
No worries man haha

@Krob95 - not the subject of this thread, but its curious to me why the Gen 2 is for sale on SAP site but not on MDT site.

And thanks again for the link...nice pics and write up. I hope it serves you well and long.

@MDT_Josh - any insights you can offer? Not any big deal, just curious. I plan to buy one in the spring (god, my last Amex bill would have choked a moose) so its not an immediate concern. That, and I'm a warm weather wimp! haha

Cheers

Last edited:
@Krob95 - not the subject of this thread, but its curious to me why the Gen 2 is for sale on SAP site but not on MDT site.

And thanks again for the link...nice pics and write up. I hope it serves you well and long.

@MDT_Josh - any insights you can offer? Not any big deal, just curious. I plan to buy one in the spring (god, my last Amex bill would have choked a moose) so its not an immediate concern. That, and I'm a warm weather wimp! haha

Cheers

Thank you for the kind words! As for the Gen2 Ckye-Pod's that are out in the wild now, we have been fulfilling back orders, warranty items and dealer/distributor orders based on priority before making them available to the public again. As SAP is a large dealer, I imagine they ordered quite a few to ensure that they had some available early, which is why you can purchase them through their site before ours.

Josh

I've missed out on this deal two years in a row. I would love to get one next year (Hint Hint MDT_Josh). Seriously though, the chassis is worth the wait before BF. It's even that much more worth it on sale.

Don't feel bad on missing out, I'm sure that there are thousands of people who missed out and have high hopes that MDT will have website upgraded and ready to go for BF 2021.;) Gives me some time to save some funds. Problem is my OS on my puter is getting old and slow just like me-outdated!

TM6

Got my Black Friday blem Ckyepod 😊. Gen 1.1 they call it? Sure looks like a Gen 2 though compared to my buddy’s gen 1. How can i tell if i got a 1.1 or lucked out and got a gen2?

The plans have already begun for the 2021 sales @Alanh ! We'll be working to get you guys all the best deals, shipping, support and customer service we can, I promise!

Josh
Thanks Josh,

Maybe my credit card will have recovered by then :)

Received my ELITE rings today. They show real craftsmanship and care for detail.

Looking forward to getting them mounted up.

I have used MDT on several occasions and have always been well satisfied. Any questions I had were answered quickly and issues resolved. Good company.
Pavementends