• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT introduces the HNT26! A 26 Ounce Carbon Fiber Hunting Chassis.

Looks awesome.
If I had to nit pick it would be a longer forend but that’s being picky.
Nice job. Glad someone is doing this.

Thanks, I’ll have a search to see if I can find a few more images. I’ve only found the initial release pics so far.

Awesome, more will be coming soon!

Looks awesome.
If I had to nit pick it would be a longer forend but that’s being picky.
Nice job. Glad someone is doing this.

Fair enough, and that may be an option later on if there is enough demand for it. Thank you!

Reactions: Frankr
Do you have any pictures of the cobalt green version and how much clearance is there just in front of the action? I plan on running a prefit with the Barloc and was concerned if there would be an interference.

Do you have any pictures of the cobalt green version and how much clearance is there just in front of the action? I plan on running a prefit with the Barloc and was concerned if there would be an interference.
I would expect futzing. Here’s what I needed to do to an ESS:

Attachments

• 2EC4AF42-7BC5-4B9E-9845-5BFD489E2A92.jpeg
    2EC4AF42-7BC5-4B9E-9845-5BFD489E2A92.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 231
Not yet to the Cobalt Green and you should be good to go as long as the system doesn't exceed the diameter of the action. The hunting chassis forend is open at the top.

How far in front of the action face can something stay at 1.35in diameter?
You should be fine with a Barloc system. The 1.25" is more based on the forend being functional (QD inserts) and so on.

Reactions: gnochi
Odd question, but is there any chance you could provide a measurement of how long overall a complete rifle is with the chassis folded? (I’d need to know barrel length also, preferably on a 700 short action).

Planning a new build around this chassis, and I need to know how long of a barrel I’ll need to get around Michigan’s asinine OAL rules.

Odd question, but is there any chance you could provide a measurement of how long overall a complete rifle is with the chassis folded? (I’d need to know barrel length also, preferably on a 700 short action).

Planning a new build around this chassis, and I need to know how long of a barrel I’ll need to get around Michigan’s asinine OAL rules.

Nothing set in stone right now, but you should be close to 20" overall length folded, then it will depend on your barrel.

This is great looking @MDT_Josh .....but I have a sneaking suspicion that this is why we're all still waiting for the MDT/JAE chassis to be produced. Good luck, I'm sure you'll sell a lot of them.

No, the JAE has some unique challenges we are overcoming to make it easier to produce; the JAE has its own staff dedicated to it.

-Anthony

Too bad it's so expensive
Not trying to speak for MDT but try consider what the product is.

This is a stock made from some of the most expensive and difficult to manipulate materials available to meet their target weight. Molds for the CF, fixtures for machining everything and several custom components are not inexpensive either.

It is very much a boutique specialty item that is lighter than anything else out there. It was not designed and built to compete against 95% of the existing chassis market.

If you consider the price differential between CF wrapped barrels vs non CF barrels and then look at any price differential between this chassis and its non CF chassis competitors the % of price difference is actually less.

Is it expensive?
Yes.

Is it a good value at that price?
For certain users, absolutely.

./

Not trying to speak for MDT but try consider what the product is.

This is a stock made from some of the most expensive and difficult to manipulate materials available to meet their target weight. Molds for the CF, fixtures for machining everything and several custom components are not inexpensive either.

It is very much a boutique specialty item that is lighter than anything else out there. It was not designed and built to compete against 95% of the existing chassis market.

If you consider the price differential between CF wrapped barrels vs non CF barrels and then look at any price differential between this chassis and its non CF chassis competitors the % of price difference is actually less.

Is it expensive?
Yes.

Is it a good value at that price?
For certain users, absolutely.

./

I have done the math.

The Kia Rondo is a car.

The Ferrari F8 is a car.

Car = car, therefore F8 = Rondo.

F8 should cost as much as Rondo.

I am maths expert.

........and by the way.
....The dude holding the rifle and new chassis in this picture looks sketchy AF.
...... Just MHO.
........ also... it must have been pretty chilly that day too!
...... Just sayin.

./

Geez!
I get to work this morning and have so many texts, emails, etc. (**From people that don't know me) asking why I am slamming the guy holding the new MDT stock in this thread, I feel the need to post a clarification.

I know the guy in the picture.
I am friends with the guy in the picture.
I highly respect the guy in the picture.
We don't get to talk very often but I would drop what I'm doing and bust ass to get wherever he needed me if shit happened with no questions asked.

He is one of the strongest patriots I know.
He is one of the best shooters I know.
He is one of the best instructors I know.
He VERY honorably served my country's Military for years.

My post yesterday was in no way meant to be disrespectful to him nor to MDT.
As a business entity MDT could not have chosen a better spokesman for their market.

Now that we have that out of the way, I need to schedule sensitivity counseling to reconsider how my personality and communications are interpreted by some.

FUCK!

./

Geez!
I get to work this morning and have so many texts, emails, etc. (**From people that don't know me) asking why I am slamming the guy holding the new MDT stock in this thread, I feel the need to post a clarification.

I know the guy in the picture.
I am friends with the guy in the picture.
I highly respect the guy in the picture.
We don't get to talk very often but I would drop what I'm doing and bust ass to get wherever he needed me if shit happened with no questions asked.

He is one of the strongest patriots I know.
He is one of the best shooters I know.
He is one of the best instructors I know.
He VERY honorably served my country's Military for years.

My post yesterday was in no way meant to be disrespectful to him nor to MDT.
As a business entity MDT could not have chosen a better spokesman for their market.

Now that we have that out of the way, I need to schedule sensitivity counseling to reconsider how my personality and communications are interpreted by some.

FUCK!

./

Anyone who couldn’t tell that was a light ball-busting needs to get some lessons in humor and sarcasm.

Fantastic!!! Hopefully you can incorporate a quick LOP/butt pad assembly while you're doing a redesign.

We will see what happens there for sure; we will probably do a small update for everyone in the spring, so stay tuned!

@MDT_OFFICIAL and @MDT_Josh can't wait for the annual Black Friday website crash on these :eek:

Sorry.... that was out of line, and wayyyy tooooo soon. My apologies.

Toon soon..... *sniff*, but fair. We are working on that; we signed a new 200K contract with a new website platform specializing in high traffic websites, and they support a company that has a way bigger Black Friday sale, so we are optimistic right now.

-Anthony

Reactions: 260284
Please tell me there will be an option for us lefties with LH bolts!? Please?

Just a few ounces of difference between the MDT and XLR chassis , for me the one that would come up with BLD feeding would make me choose one or the other, just like it that way as for a hunting rifle, both nice great feature is the folding butt.

Cheers

I already have a 16" 308 Howa that would be perfect in this. If a Howa version comes out it is a done deal.

@MDT_OFFICIAL This looks like the perfect stock for a lightweight tikka LA 7SAUM build but your only mag for it is a custom length 10rd metal mag (edit:My bad they are 5rd mags for the LA). Not much in weight savings with a giant metal box. Please consider making a low profile 3rd polymer mag.

Last edited:
@MDT_OFFICIAL This looks like the perfect stock for a lightweight tikka LA 7SAUM build but your only mag for it is a custom length 10rd metal mag. Not much is weight savings with a giant metal box. Please consider making a low profile 3rd polymer mag or even a 5rd.
Thank you for the feedback, our Tikka LA magazine is only available in 5 round configuration. We will give it some thought for sure!
I’d like to see pics of the various colours and th chassis with a 10 round mag etc 👍
There will be more coming the closer we get!

-Anthony

Thank you for the feedback, our Tikka LA magazine is only available in 5 round configuration. We will give it some thought for sure!
Please do. Since this stock is catered more towards the hunting crowd, attention to a the tikka with a mag specific to the PRC, WSM, and SAUM chamberings would be appreciated. As of right now I would preorder, but the proprietary mag size makes it a no go.

Pretty certain aics cip la 3.85 mags are the dbm format. If my plan was a saum/wsm. A Tikka LA chassis with the mdt 3.54/3.46 internal mag would be perfect. They have 5 rounders, I also have a guy who will mod a 5 to a 3rd that fits pretty low profile in the mag well.
Any chance you can share contact info for the guy who can mod mags?
Thanks

Reactions: chutinlead
Do you have any pictures of how far the 5rd mag sticks out the bottom side of the tikka LA inlet?

Please do. Since this stock is catered more towards the hunting crowd, attention to a the tikka with a mag specific to the PRC, WSM, and SAUM chamberings would be appreciated. As of right now I would preorder, but the proprietary mag size makes it a no go.
For sure, the main focus right now is the chassis.
Do you have any pictures of how far the 5rd mag sticks out the bottom side of the tikka LA inlet?
Not at this time, once we get closer there will be more pictures available!

-Anthony

Reactions: chutinlead
How is the fixed version stock going to be attached? All the photos are of the folding style. Is the fixed just going to have a spacer in place of that or be all one piece with the action half?

Reactions: MDT_Josh
How is the fixed version stock going to be attached? All the photos are of the folding style. Is the fixed just going to have a spacer in place of that or be all one piece with the action half?
Looks like a spacer block

152891278_3940013709382159_4863992124027995571_n.jpg