• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT introduces the HNT26! A 26 Ounce Carbon Fiber Hunting Chassis.

For those who've received these, you should post some pictures!
Here are some unboxing pics:

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

IMG_6056.JPG

IMG_6057.jpg

Looks/feels like titanium hardware.
889AEBC4-2F15-4F8C-A4A4-96A4000FF5BD.jpeg

Vs standard remmy hardware.
72553DD4-DCC1-4E9C-8D12-FF4C800F0936.jpeg

Here’s a lone Peak Razor with a 20” Proof sendero lite barrel in 6.5cm, and Area 419 universal adapter with thread protector.
E83AA7EE-DFD9-4C66-80DC-BC14DC1997B5.jpeg

On this scale my bare chassis weighed 28oz on the dot. A polymer MDT 3 rd mag is inserted in the pic below.
03543C39-5515-4676-8B00-E8B1954C6F7C.jpeg

Looks/feels like titanium hardware.View attachment 7710857

Vs standard remmy hardware.
View attachment 7710858

Here’s a lone Peak Razor with a 20” Proof sendero lite barrel in 6.5cm, and Area 419 universal adapter with thread protector.
View attachment 7710859

On this scale my bare chassis weighed 28oz on the dot. A polymer MDT 3 rd mag is inserted in the pic below.
View attachment 7710860

@pmarkov what was your order date? Is there enough room on the Arca rail in front of the bi pod stud to attach an Arca Ckyepod to the rail? Is the stud moveable?

@Supersubes what was your order date?

@pmarkov what was your order date? Is there enough room on the Arca rail in front of the bi pod stud to attach an Arca Ckyepod to the rail? Is the stud moveable?

@Supersubes what was your order date?

One thing to note about our first in first out is goes by order date and part number based upon availability. IE if one HNT26 version passed by QC, but it's not what you ordered, that one would ship to the first person who ordered that part number. As we are being very strict with QC on the HNT, some have made it ahead of others due to QC concerns or questions.

-Anthony

Reactions: ormandj and gnochi
One thing to note about our first in first out is goes by order date and part number based upon availability. IE if one HNT26 version passed by QC, but it's not what you ordered, that one would ship to the first person who ordered that part number. As we are being very strict with QC on the HNT, some have made it ahead of others due to QC concerns or questions.

-Anthony
Thank you for being one of the few companies left that care enough about their products and customers to do this. I'd much rather wait a little longer and know I'm getting an excellent product, and I'm willing to put my money where I mouth is to support companies like MDT. I can't wait to receive mine!

what was your order date? Is there enough room on the Arca rail in front of the bi pod stud to attach an Arca Ckyepod to the rail? Is the stud moveable?
My order date was March 20th 2021.

My HNT26 Chassis is for a Tikka short action, if that makes a difference in the lineup...

The bipod stud is not movable, but it is re-movable. I got rid of mine and I am able to slide my Ckye Pod along the whole length of the Arca rail.

If you keep the stud, the room in front of it will allow for the Ckye pod to attach, but with not the whole area of the clamp. Mine has an RRS clamp, but I believe the situation with the original Ckye Pod Arca clamp would be the same. It will work.

Thank you for being one of the few companies left that care enough about their products and customers to do this. I'd much rather wait a little longer and know I'm getting an excellent product, and I'm willing to put my money where I mouth is to support companies like MDT. I can't wait to receive mine!
Thank you so much for the kinds words, and we are getting, we did change a few things for QC requirements so that should help.

-Anthony

Reactions: ormandj
Well, QC is doing their job. Looks like my order from 3/30 for a Tikka LA with folder is delayed another 2-3 weeks. This is a bit disappointing as I was hoping to have this build ready for two different deer seasons, one in CO and the other in AZ. However, as stated above, I'd rather have an excellent and quality stock and be late than having a faulty one on time. Keep up the good work MDT.

I just realized this is 3oz lighter than my factory t3x CTR plastic stock...that's craziness. I already bought 2x ACC chassis this year and was planning on a CKYE pod on black Friday. I really am tempted once these are in stock...

I don't need this...I don't need this...I don't need this. lol

Well, QC is doing their job. Looks like my order from 3/30 for a Tikka LA with folder is delayed another 2-3 weeks. This is a bit disappointing as I was hoping to have this build ready for two different deer seasons, one in CO and the other in AZ. However, as stated above, I'd rather have an excellent and quality stock and be late than having a faulty one on time. Keep up the good work MDT.
Hopefully, it doesn't take that long; we are pushing hard for sure! Thank you for the kind words and understanding; we will get your chassis shipped as soon as possible.

Thanks for the photos. Looks like for impatient lefties like myself, it would be possible to mill out a bolt handle recess and pretty much drop in a left hand action.

Depends on the inlet, on a Remington 700, you might not have enough room to clear the safety. And we will likely.

I just realized this is 3oz lighter than my factory t3x CTR plastic stock...that's craziness. I already bought 2x ACC chassis this year and was planning on a CKYE pod on black Friday. I really am tempted once these are in stock...

I don't need this...I don't need this...I don't need this. lol
Awesome, but just saying facts, you do need it.....

-Anthony

Awesome, but just saying facts, you do need it.....

-Anthony

When my wallet recovers from all the MDT gear to date it will be on the short list. So far this year 2x ACC, 2x Data Cards, 1x Shell Holder, 1x Aluminum Butt Pad, 2x Full Internal Weight kits and 3x pairs of External weights...

Also, shout out to Dustin Patara in customer service. Helped me get an aluminum butt pad in record time for my acc with my vudoo. Also helped with a few other minor things. At that time I only had 1x ACC and after my experience with him I ordered another one.

When my wallet recovers from all the MDT gear to date it will be on the short list. So far this year 2x ACC, 2x Data Cards, 1x Shell Holder, 1x Aluminum Butt Pad, 2x Full Internal Weight kits and 3x pairs of External weights...

Also, shout out to Dustin Patara in customer service. Helped me get an aluminum butt pad in record time for my acc with my vudoo. Also helped with a few other minor things. At that time I only had 1x ACC and after my experience with him I ordered another one.
What's an HNT26 to your wallet besides awesome:)

Nice, that is quite the setup of gear.

I passed on the words; he left to become an RCMP officer which was a big loss to us, but thank you so much!

-Anthony

Reactions: ormandj
Wow!! Great looking rifles, so glad to see them!

-Anthony

So, the question on everyone’s mind…will I get a tracking number today? Been told that all orders would ship out today. Crossing my fingers so I can get this gun together before my hunt. Please, please, please.

Is the vertical/adjustable carbon fiber grip official yet? If so, when will it be available approximately?

So, the question on everyone’s mind…will I get a tracking number today? Been told that all orders would ship out today. Crossing my fingers so I can get this gun together before my hunt. Please, please, please.
We are doing our best, stay tuned to your e-mail!

Is the vertical/adjustable carbon fiber grip official yet? If so, when will it be available approximately?
Yes, it will happen, no ETA at this time, likely 2022 at some point.

-Anthony

Is there any paint that you recommend for using on the chassis? I planned on applying some paint to semi match the color scheme I have on my AG Composites stock.

Finally got out to shoot mine. Very happy. The scope below is a test scope. Way to heavy for me on this gun imo.

306C248A-AC2A-4A98-A004-C79406635EB2.jpeg

Never shot the barnes 127 LRX in a Creedmoor, but the only two loads tried shot fine.

Back to back groups with two different loads at 538 yds. Same way it shot in the bedded manners this BA had been in.
DCC5D490-835B-489B-8066-9BB3A7075DEF.jpeg

D1DD8CB7-4F50-407D-80B5-FFF6CDCAC9ED.jpeg

Reactions: Secant
I am going to order some of the first into Australia and Frankengun them into left handers.

What mags do I want to run for Rem short and long actions?

I am going to order some of the first into Australia and Frankengun them into left handers.

What mags do I want to run for Rem short and long actions?

It depends on the caliber. But the short action takes standard SA AICS pattern magazines. And the long action takes a 3.850" CIP magazine.

-Anthony

Is there any paint that you recommend for using on the chassis? I planned on applying some paint to semi match the color scheme I have on my AG Composites stock.

Double post for Monday. For paint, anything should do really as long as you are able to get proper surface adhesion. Sanding and prep are generally as important or more than the paint itself.

-Anthony

Reactions: bobke
How well does the chassis hold up to heavy use? I hunt in the mountains and my rifle gets whacked by branches, slammed against rocks (I have lost count of how many times I have fallen and landed on the rifle) and generally rattled around in boats.

Will the carbon fibre hold up in these conditions?

Reactions: PFG
Excited to see some of these in Tikka. Always takes a few photos to sway me…

That said @MDT_OFFICIAL if a guy wanted to do a HNT26 switch barrel gun…recommendations?

How well does the chassis hold up to heavy use? I hunt in the mountains and my rifle gets whacked by branches, slammed against rocks (I have lost count of how many times I have fallen and landed on the rifle) and generally rattled around in boats.

Properly laid carbon fiber with the right resin blend is enormously strong. I’ve been handling this stock for the last week since I’ve received it, and it feels as or more sturdy than any of my other stocks (to include MPA chassis, for example), just a lot lighter. There is absolutely zero give with reasonable force applied.

CF is used in all types of modern applications where forces are insane - composites have come a long way in the last few decades. F1 cars are basically made out of the stuff, for example, and are subjected to far more forces without cracking/shattering than anything you’re going to do with tree limbs. They do explode spectacularly when they hit walls at 150+mph, though. :) Just don’t smash on your stock with a hammer and you’ll be good.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
What's the shortest barrel you can go and still be able to thread on a can? I have a bolt action 12.5" 6.5CM SBR. It currently sits in an LSS, but would love for it to lose some weight.
Knowing the measurement from the face of the recoil lug to the end of the forend would be amazing.

Not a perfect measurement, as I just had an old measuring tape laying around and I’ve got a barrel attached, but I hope it helps (was right around 10 3/8”)…

2515BAEE-81EF-4381-B574-004B7C931314.jpeg

Praying for a tracking number tomorrow! Otherwise I'll need to start scrambling for season opener. :oops:

Properly laid carbon fiber with the right resin blend is enormously strong. I’ve been handling this stock for the last week since I’ve received it, and it feels as or more sturdy than any of my other stocks (to include MPA chassis, for example), just a lot lighter. There is absolutely zero give with reasonable force applied.

CF is used in all types of modern applications where forces are insane - composites have come a long way in the last few decades. F1 cars are basically made out of the stuff, for example, and are subjected to far more forces without cracking/shattering than anything you’re going to do with tree limbs. They do explode spectacularly when they hit walls at 150+mph, though. :) Just don’t smash on your stock with a hammer and you’ll be good.
I am not worrying about it breaking, I wonder if it holds up without fraying. And my use is not unlike hitting it with a hammer every now and then. If it frays it will become extremely unpleasant to handle hence my question.

I am not worrying about it breaking, I wonder if it holds up without fraying. And my use is not unlike hitting it with a hammer every now and then. If it frays it will become extremely unpleasant to handle hence my question.
It’s really no different than a carbon elite Manners, or any of the other carbon shell stocks like mcmillan, AG composites etc. In fact the MDT is probably thicker.

Yup, it all went into our biggest machine for a ridiculous amount of cycles and was abused beyond anything you would likely do in the field (Ok if you are going to drag it behind your truck for hundreds of miles and then use it as a jack stand for your 10,000+ pound truck you might have issues. But outside of that, send it.

The spirit of the HNT26:
Excited to see some of these in Tikka. Always takes a few photos to sway me…

That said @MDT_OFFICIAL if a guy wanted to do a HNT26 switch barrel gun…recommendations?
The chassis stays the same regardless; pick your preferred action and go from there.

What's the shortest barrel you can go and still be able to thread on a can? I have a bolt action 12.5" 6.5CM SBR. It currently sits in an LSS, but would love for it to lose some weight.
Knowing the measurement from the face of the recoil lug to the end of the forend would be amazing.
You should be fine in the HNT26, it just depends on how far back your threading runs on the barrel. We do suggest 13" for a suppressor, but that's because we always pad to ensure maximum capability. You do have 30 days from the date you receive the chassis to set up a return if it doesn't work out.

-Anthony

There is absolutely nothing you can do in the field that is the same as impacting the stock with a hammer. You can drop the stock off a 50 foot tall tree and it will be nowhere near the same force per square inch applied as smashing the stock with a hammer. If you intend to use the stock to hammer in 1” round steel tent stakes into granite bedrock, you’ve got the wrong tool for the job.

There’s being prepared for reasonable eventualities and then there’s being a mall ninja. Don’t be a mall ninja. I hike dozens of km with rifles frequently in open terrain as well as thick cover and nothing gives me pause about this chassis. I’m just thankful for the light weight, ergonomics, and warmth of CF in winter for the touch points vs a full magnesium chassis.

Reactions: gnochi
tempImage0ECwgH.jpg

9lbs 0.3oz, as shown, but without bipod. 9bs 6.2oz with 3 round MDT metal magazine. That's with all spacers installed.

MDT HNT26 SA, folder, all spacers installed
Defiant AntiX medium (20MOA/nitrided, notch cut for binderless mags)
20" Bartlein 3b w/ 50deg spiral fluting, chambered in 6.5 CM (didn't want the mirage issues of CF wrapped barrels after strings of fire, and didn't want a pencil barrel I couldn't enjoy at the range)
TBAC Ultra7 G1 with Area419 universal mount/adapter
ARC M10 medium rings, 30mm
Vortex Razor LHT HD 4.5-22x50 (waiting on someone to release something better that isn't overly heavy; TT315 doesn't have enough magnification for me, for my purposes, and ZCO 420 is too heavy)

The barrel alone is 49.1oz, which goes to speak about how light this chassis is.

tempImagedkB9HS.jpg

You can actually use a decently thick profile on the barrel and still end up at a 9lb rifle, scope included, without really giving up much at the range.

Last edited:
Any word on a shorter polymer mid length 3.560" mag to go with the long action Tikka setups?
Nothing is planned at this time; it could be something in the future, though!

-Anthony

. Don’t be a mall ninja.
Don’t be an SOB, or as we call it ”drittsekk”
Me slipping down a rockside and landing on my rifle is not particularly badass, just something that happens every now and then. I had an honest question, but you apparently have no manners.

Yup, it all went into our biggest machine for a ridiculous amount of cycles and was abused beyond anything you would likely do in the field (Ok if you are going to drag it behind your truck for hundreds of miles and then use it as a jack stand for your 10,000+ pound truck you might have issues. But outside of that, send it.

-Anthony
Thanks, good to know that it is klutz-proof.

Don’t be an SOB, or as we call it ”drittsekk”
Me slipping down a rockside and landing on my rifle is not particularly badass, just something that happens every now and then. I had an honest question, but you apparently have no manners.
I think you’re reading negative intent that didn’t exist. I appreciate the Norwegian vocabulary. I wouldn’t have spent time with two replies to you if I wasn’t genuinely trying to help answer your question. I’ve got no desire to derail this thread for a nice product, so hopefully you can accept my apology for any offense you’ve taken at a comment that was not intended to offend; it was merely intended to point out short of preparing for an apocalyptic wasteland war zone like the mall-ninja types seem to think will occur, you’re not going to cause significant damage to the stock, no more than you would any other wood or composite stock on the market, and likely less. If you landed on it with full body weight with the middle of the stock on a sharply peaked rock from multiple feet up, maybe, just maybe, you’d cause significant damage. You’d also break a wooden stock in half and shatter your ribs in the process. I would not be concerned with the durability of this chassis for any reasonable situation you’re likely to encounter in the field, to include sliding down a rock face.

I just got mine last week too. What head w/arca clamp are your using on that manfrotto tri-pod and do you like it? Most of my gear is picatinny rail but for this rifle I thought I would try it out.

If you cut that center post down about 12" you can get pretty close to the ground without losing height on the top end you will likely never use

I just got mine last week too. What head w/arca clamp are your using on that manfrotto tri-pod and do you like it? Most of my gear is picatinny rail but for this rifle I thought I would try it out.

If you cut that center post down about 12" you can get pretty close to the ground without losing height on the top end you will likely never use
The Manfrotto is ok. I like the head but the unit is not as solid as my Vortex Radian(it’s also half the price…)
I don’t think I’ll ever have another rifle that isn’t setup for Arca, it makes everything so much more stable and it’s nice being hands free when I want.
I hit my 850 yard gong on the first shot standing right after taking that picture, the accuracy you can get locked into a tripod is amazing.