• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Measurement, Please !

chain

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2008
MI USA
My son has a new found hobby, he is collecting and listening to records, yes the old 33 1/3's. He has bought a bunch of old albums, his gal has indicated to me that he "wants" a cabinet to store these in. Does anyone have an album handy they can measure ? I am going to build a tiered cabinet for him for Christmas. Thank you

Re: Measurement, Please !

Thank you. I googled record cabinet and one response was to make the shelves 15". I thought that was rather large.

I have in excess of 3000 vinyls. The exact measurementsare 12 3/8 x 12 3/8. 15" x 15" is just about right as you want a little manipulation room.

003.jpg

The photo is of my speaker system. For reference, the large black cabinets are 7'long x 3' high x 3'deep.If your son really wants to get into the vinyl there are a couple of tricks he should learn ...like how to clean them well, and making sure the cartridge is aligned, and the needle in good shape. Otherwise you can ruin good albums in just a couple of plays.

FYI, a good analogue(tube) system with vinyl, will make you use your cd player for target practice. If he really wants to learn, PM me and Ill give you my email to give him. Im honored to answer any questions he might have and offer advice earned by 30 years of experience and mistakes.

Maggot

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way - on Vinyl..

Put that on and listen to it - MAN...the drums, the guitar, the bass..

I think my last vinyl was A Flock of Seagulls in 1982....

Elton John, The Who, Moody Blues, SteppenWolf - wish I still had all those!

INNAGODDADAVIDA on vinyl is still etched in my brain. Thanks Guys