• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mega MATEN barrel nut wrench

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Looking for the correct wrench for this barrel nut.

As you can see, it’s a four notch nut, with notches at the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions.

I bought this set years ago, I’m just getting around to building it out, and find out the wrench was missing. Zev was no help- they sold me a wrench, promised it would be correct... nope, it’s for a six notch nut.

I would be willing to buy it off of you, if you have an original, or would also gladly take being pointed in the direction of the proper wrench available from a retailer. I’ve been unable to find anything.
5F45E13E-41B5-4B23-A051-570D2E63FD00.jpeg

I’m not sure what those look like. These are the ones I’ve acquired and modified over the years.

Edit: I just looked up the URX wrench. No luck, but @Strykervet might have one
481C765E-F917-4EFD-B4B3-5A10373E36E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Also jse surplus sells them, just for future reference
They've been sold out for as long as I've been looking. They won't be getting anymore in either since mega has been taken over.

Bummer I was sure I saw they had them the other day when I was looking for a maten upper

I’ve got one. I’ll need it back but happy to lend it to you. Pm me

I’m not sure what those look like. These are the ones I’ve acquired and modified over the years.

Edit: I just looked up the URX wrench. No luck, but @Strykervet might have oneView attachment 7460294
Looks like you have

Edit: I just looked up the URX wrench. No luck, but @Strykervet might have oneView attachment 7460294
Looks like you have two

Looks like you have two Maga Maten MML barrel wrenches. I've been looking for one for a couple years now wold you be willing to sell one?

I’ve got 3 Mega uppers so I need to keep 1 on hand. Maybe reach out to DP425 and see if he’s done with it or could let you borrow it.

Old Thread, but if anyone is still in need- I have a MEGA Maten AR15 wrench. someone shoot me a message and we can come up with a deal.