• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta launches new 1-4

ccoker

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
Central Texas
www.tacticalgunreview.com
Meopta has a new 1-4 coming out
shorter than the original KDot (I owned one, good glass) and with better eye relief

a few other notes:
1) Brighter illumination, to me, the Kdot was plenty bright
2) ballistic reticle based on the following:

Designed around a 55g at 2900 FPS and running a 200 yard zero
2 MOA center dot
chevrons for 3, 4 and 500 yards
Trying to get detailed reticle subtension data
forgot to ask if FFP or SFP

I should have one in the next week or so
Will be sure to post pics, etc..

Re: Meopta launches new 1-4

This is a very nice scope I went to see at their Long Island offices last year. They were going to launch it in 2010. Who has them in stock? The last time I checked there was nothing about it on their website. What price are you paying?

I was talking with Richard at Meopta USA today about it
we are getting one sent to us to do a review on
not sure of the retail price
I think it could be a hot scope for 3gun

The first version (the longer one) was very popular with the 3 gun crowd. The one I handled last year was a very nice optic indeed.

Looked this scope over at SHOT this year, guess they had it there the year before also. Should be a great scope for 3 gun, I've run a K-dot ever since they came out and still think they are a fine choice. They are just so simple, quick, and really good glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meopta has a new 1-4 coming out
shorter than the original KDot (I owned one, good glass) and with better eye relief

a few other notes:
1) Brighter illumination, to me, the Kdot was plenty bright
2) ballistic reticle based on the following:

Designed around a 55g at 2900 FPS and running a 200 yard zero
2 MOA center dot
chevrons for 3, 4 and 500 yards
Trying to get detailed reticle subtension data
forgot to ask if FFP or SFP

I should have one in the next week or so
Will be sure to post pics, etc.. </div></div>

It is an SFP reticle.

I liked the little bugger when I saw it at SHOT earlier this year.

ILya

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first version (the longer one) was very popular with the 3 gun crowd. The one I handled last year was a very nice optic indeed.</div></div>

It was very popular.. Lately it's been losing a lot of ground to the Z6i and other scopes.

Calibrating the reticle in a "tactical" scope for a 55gr @ 2900 seems a little odd though but a 55gr @ 2900 should be pretty close to a 69gr SMK @ 2800 in 300/400/500 drops, so maybe that's the reason?

Compared to the older reticles it looks like the lines are thinner and the dot (at least relatively) bigger, which is good too.

Not sure why they bothered making the illumination brighter, the old one was plenty.

Definitely looks better than the old version and had I not been so disappointed with their durability and had it been out 6 mo ago, I might have been interested.
Im sure it will find a following, but I doubt it will make a great come back in the 3-gun world, though I guess that will also depend on pricing but I assume this model is going to be around the $1k mark?