• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Meopta Meopro side by side Leupold VX-3i???

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
I am looking at options for a new hunting scope. Where I hunt shots are possible to 400 yds on white tails in MS, therefore I Zero my hunting rifles at MPBR because more often than not there is no time to dial DOPE.

Does anyone have “hands on” knowledge or the capability of a side by side comparison of the following two Optics, with my primary concern being:
- Low Light resolution
- Overall clarity of glass.

Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 side focus
&
Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x50

Thanks

BTW, just a heads up. Keep a close eye on Meopta in 2018. They just brought on a new guy, with over 2 decades in the Sports Optics world, to revamp and run their Sports Optics division. He is planning a bunch of projects that IMO will have Meopta get the notification and exposure that they've been lacking all these years.

Stay tuned for more details as they develop. I think it is fair to say that 2018 will be interesting in the optics world with major changes happening. I for one am excited to see Meopta pump new blood into their brand. They make great optics, however, in the past they have, again IMO, done too much for others (making the Conquest for Zeiss, making house brand optics for Cabelas) while really not paying attention to their own brand and marketing.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

I have been after them about being "the best hidden secret" for years, lol

Yeah, I think I really annoyed Surujh with my constant harping about them missing some serious opportunities. Now Surujh moved on to GPO, so I need to find someone else at Meopta I can annoy (about not putting any sort of a 3-gun compatible reticle into the Meostar R2 1-6x24 for example, or the reticle and the height of the MeoTac 3-12x50 turrets).).

ILya

Thank you both for your replies.

Are you saying I should wait and see what new products are released in 2018?

It looks like the Meopta MeoPro 4.5-14x50 #598860 with BDC reticle is what I’m looking for.

gr8fuldoug- is there a way to sign up for your email list for sales and discounts?

Last edited:
Thank you both for your replies.

Are you saying I should wait and see what new products are released in 2018?

It looks like the Meopta MeoPro 4.5-14x50 #598860 with BDC reticle is what I’m looking for.

gr8fuldoug- is there a way to sign up for your email list for sales and discounts?

As a member here you are ALWAYS entitled to discounted prices, 365 days a year. The "magic code"is to call and say "Hi, I'm a member of SnipersHide" :)
You do not need to wait for a sale or some whatever holiday, just give us a call when you're ready and we will do all we can for you, always.
The Meopta MeoPro 4.5-14x50 #598860 with BDC is a great scope with excellent optics. Give me a call and we will take care of you on it.

I think the new head of Meopta Sports Optics will reduce some prices, announce new products and be very aggressive with making Meopta a real player rather than a factory for other brands.

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com

How does the Zeiss Conquest V6 series do against the Meopta?

I may have to look hard at the Meopta line before I make a final decision to buy. FYI, I am trying to stay under $2k for my next scope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I've just bought a Leupold VX5HD - 3-15x44 for my Tikka CTR. I have compared it side by side with my Minox ZP Tac set on 15x right into nightfall. The Leupold has pretty decent glass and well sorted illumination. I was originally looking at the VX6HD in 3-18x44 but it's quite a step up in price. The glass and coatings are supposed to be identical between the VX5HD and the VX6HD.

I think ILya has spent some time playing with a VX6HD.

How does the Zeiss Conquest V6 series do against the Meopta?

I may have to look hard at the Meopta line before I make a final decision to buy. FYI, I am trying to stay under $2k for my next scope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

There are lots and lots of options under 2000 dollars, what sort of features are you after? Target rifle or hunting?