• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta Optika6 5-30x56mm 653608

slkzic

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2010
    Maine
    Been eyeing this scope
    For a while but not seeing much out there as far as reviews go. I have read BigJimFish’s review. Wondering if anyone who has one could let me know how they like it or dislike it? From what little I’ve heard about it it seems to be a good value for the price I can get it for direct from Meopta. Thanks

I've had one on my Vudoo for a few months and really like it. This is my first tree reticle and I think @koshkin did a great job in making it not too busy vs like a tremor 3.
    20200403_122540.jpg
    I have only had it out maybe 6 times including 1 benchrest match double header at 50 and 200 yards. So running it up to 8 mils and back to my 50yd zero has been spot on. Parallax adjust to 50 no problem and had adjustment left so it should be fine at 25yds as advertised but I haven't had it under 50. Turrets feel fine to me but have seen complaints about the windage not being locking and elevation is.
    As far as glass goes I compared it to my 3.6-18×44 Mark 5HD earlier in the week looking at a knot in a tree a couple hundred yards away with both on x18 and with my old eyes couldn't pick a winner (yeah real scientific I know).
    20200414_142648.jpg
    Overall I'm really happy with my purchase and would buy again especially at the price. I like the feel and function of the MK5 turrets better but much prefer the MRAD over the TMR reticle. I think Big Jim's review covered CA and all the other scientific stuff.
    The Meopta replaced a gen 1 PST and there is no comparison, but if you used my old Simmons for a couple days you would love that PST. As in most cases just depends on your perspective, which is why I'm a little scared to look through a ZCO.
    One other thing is it's not Chinese or at least not all of it.

Reactions: slkzic
    Ditto to what AMTGMC says. Also, The ocular adjustment ring is huge and alot of people have trouble with the bolt knob hitting it when rotating up. Mine does this if not careful, taller rings would solve this. It is not an issue for me. I would buy another for sure.

either of you guys find the eyebox small? was one of the issues brought up during the Big Jim review. Seems i also read somewhere the parallax was touchy at short range. anyone experience this? Im thinking of putting one on my vudoo as well.

either of you guys find the eyebox small? was one of the issues brought up during the Big Jim review. Seems i also read somewhere the parallax was touchy at short range. anyone experience this? Im thinking of putting one on my vudoo as well.
    No, not at all, I find it rather forgiving. On the upper end. Maybe a litlle, but from 20x on down, very forgiving. No problems with parallax.

I also don't have a problem with the eyebox. I'm sure others are better but with what I have to compare it to it seems fine.
    I have a zeiss conquest, Cabelas spotter, 8x32 bino's and a 4.5-14x40 instinct all made by Meopta so I guess I'm a fan.

Which reticle does P/N 653608 have? I do not want that horseshoe and seemingly every website with PN 653608 says RD MRAD / MRAD RD but is showing the MRAD RD 1 reticle and even Meopta's own website shows the MRAD 1 RD reticle, which is appropriate for hunting not PRS or bench.

Which reticle does P/N 653608 have? I do not want that horseshoe and seemingly every website with PN 653608 says RD MRAD / MRAD RD but is showing the MRAD RD 1 reticle and even Meopta's own website shows the MRAD 1 RD reticle, which is appropriate for hunting not PRS or bench.
    The 5-30 model does not have the horseshoe. It has a floating dot with hash lines for the center

Reactions: HousePlant
    Then these online companies need to correct their websites... Meopta is losing sales guaranteed because they show the MRAD1 RD reticle, which would be great if I was slapping this on a hunting rifle (and I would get the 3-18 then).

Then these online companies need to correct their websites... Meopta is losing sales guaranteed because they show the MRAD1 RD reticle, which would be great if I was slapping this on a hunting rifle (and I would get the 3-18 then).
    Yeah they possibly could have named them so it is easier to differentiate between the two types. That being said, the Meopta site is 100% accurate on which reticle is provided in each scope.

Meopta's website shows the MRAD1 RD reticle for the 5-30 model. This company seriously needs to get its shit together and clear up it's own website, get it's marketing up to snuff (hell, I could do it... Meopta -- I'm available), and it's vendors to correct their sites (if they are wrong).

Capture.PNG

Their own website should have the exact model numbers for each of the reticles with an image of each correct reticle large enough to actually review.

Honestly baffles me how bad some scope company sites are... but I digress.

Paging the Dark Lord
    Not much more to say. There are enough resources and feedback from people to know the MRAD is in the 5-30(no horseshoe) and the MRAD1 horseshoe is in the 3-18 and 4.5-27

Ok, then EuroOptic, Scopelist, and about 10 other websites including Meopta's own website needs correction... wow. I wonder how many were not sold because of all of these websites being mislabeled.