• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta quality and service

Knighter300

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
Montana
Hi everybody,

I have to replace the scope on my Tikka T3 .300 win mag, it had a Nikon Monarch, I sent it out for service, under warranty, problem was acknowledged and......I received a coupon to buy something from their online store?! Having said that, my budget is around $800.00, I am considering an Optika6 3-18x50 FFP which would fit the budget, given that I have to replace the mounts too.

I handled one at the store and felt solid with really good clarity. According to the few reviews available on line, it seems to be a good choice for the price. Anyone has first hand experience with this scope and customer service, I certainly don't want to have another Nikon experience.

I have an Optika6 5-30x56 that I really like. Seems like a lot of scope for the money, but that's a 34mm model so I can really speak for the 30mm ones. I did contact Meopta customer service with some technical questions shortly after I received the scope and their US-based support responded within a day and answered my questions very thoroughly and courteously. He did mention that the engineering was in the Czech Republic, so anything that needs to go to them is going to take at least a day. I've never had to send anything back to them so I don't really have any experience with that part.

Reactions: ZG47A
I have a few scopes in this same meopta range:

optika6 3-18x56 ffp
bushnell lrhs 4.5-18x44 ffp
athlon midas tac 5-25x56
nikon fx1000 6-24x56

All of them are good scopes, but its a hard pick between the optika6 and lrhs, they're both fantastic. Locking or capped windage is a huge plus for me (3 out of these 4 have that). I wouldn't be scared to pick up either the lrhs or optika6.

A friend sent a spotter in to Meopta in August and was thinking he on the hook for repair costs. It took a little while but received a brand new spotting scope from Meopta for no charge. They take care of you quite well but are very slow in mailing stuff out.

Thanks for all the feedback. Meopta specified that they allow for a 90 days time frame to solve issues under warranty, a little bit longer compared to other companies but I can accept that. Right now it seems that most of the suppliers are out of stock of many brands, hopefully they will be restocking shortly, I just installed a GRS stock and I can't wait to go to the range.....

So Nikon is giving you money towards a Meopta? Explain

Hi Codiekfx400, actually Nikon didn't fix the scope based on the fact that it wasn't economically convenient for them. I got a voucher instead, so I could buy one of their products in current production, and you have to buy directly from them. I ended up buying a camera because I have a friend willing to buy it, so the money can go for the acquisition of a new scope.

I am leaning towards the Meopta Optika6, because overall it seems to be a good choice for the money, however as beretta_man11 pointed out there are few more options in the same price range that can be considered.

Hi Codiekfx400, actually Nikon didn't fix the scope based on the fact that it wasn't economically convenient for them. I got a voucher instead, so I could buy one of their products in current production, and you have to buy directly from them. I ended up buying a camera because I have a friend willing to buy it, so the money can go for the acquisition of a new scope.

I am leaning towards the Meopta Optika6, because overall it seems to be a good choice for the money, however as beretta_man11 pointed out there are few more options in the same price range that can be considered.
I had a Meopta 1-4X that was used on a 3-Gun AR-15 that had many thousands of rounds through it. The scope was probably 4 or 5 years old when I noticed that the retical seemed to rotate. Called Meopta customer service and said to send it in, it was replaced with a new scope.

Meopta Optika6 are good in their respective price range. I would also look at Leupold with an $800 price point as well.

Here is a link to some Leupold offerings in your ballpark price wise. Click Here

All kidding aside, I can now throw the Arken SH4 6-24 in this group. It has a couple downsides, but several plus marks for it too.
Good:
25yd parallax
fantastic turrets (remind me of gen1 razor with the 5mil turret)
decent reticle
smooth controls
solid feeling build
34mil of travel
34mm tube

Not so good:
8mil per rev turrets
uncapped - non locking windage (although, it's stiff enough and loud enough, you'd probably know if it turned)

meopta has excellent service.

they replaced an old used cabelas branded meopta for a new meopro. even gave me a different reticle on request. I mailed the old one to them on a monday, received the new one same week, friday.

they also checked a meostar which I was not happy with, and offered me to upgrade to the next higher one for only 200 bucks. again, my choice of new reticles.

so yeah, their CS could not be better

I have two Optika6, a 4.5-27x50 and a 5-30x56 both in MRAD, I think they punch above their price point... My one and only nitpick is the non-locking windage.