• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Michigan HB6544

You are correct. They will never quit until you have no rights at all except what they tell you is okay.

Reactions: DustBun
Both houses in the Michigan Legislature are held by republicans, many from rural areas, so unless this gets enacted at midnight by dems only and or the governor via EO its not going anywhere. Both are possibilities in this state

C58E8719-85EC-4C14-AC28-70938984B2A9.jpeg

Both houses in the Michigan Legislature are held by republicans, many from rural areas, so unless this gets enacted at midnight by dems only and or the governor via EO its not going anywhere. Both are possibilities in this state
When they make the change is when we need to worry. Dems won everything this November

Reactions: BCP
In a couple of months Dems will have control of both house and senate. It's pretty much inevitable...

Moving back to Idaho is starting to sound good again. But even in Idaho there's a lot of libtards moving there from California screwing things up

When they make the change is when we need to worry. Dems won everything this November

You're right. I looked at the legislature seats and didn't realize it wasn't updated for the election results.

Kind of surprised suppressors aren't on the list as well.

So just like in New York, they will create a whole new criminal class out of previously law abiding citizens. How many people actually turned in or registered their ARs and AKs there?

Things will go to ground.

Don’t worry y’all - the bill clearly states one has to register all “assault weapons “ with the state police and after the registration period it’ll be on the state police to enforce and confiscate and arrest on this five year per count felony. The back the blue crowd has assured me for 20 years they’d never ever ever take my property or firearms because of an unconstitutional law. Look at how they never use civil asset forfeiture!!!!

Besides another reason not to worry - MI is in the top 10 nation wide for missing kids never found , unsolved murders and in the top 5 nationally for wrongful convictions so all available blues must be working triple time just to catch up, ensure Justice is served and those wrongfully convicted are exonerated ! Cause good guys and shit.

Reactions: wade2big
You guys in Michigan need a good grassroots pro-2A organization to fight this tooth and nail. Reelecting that horrible covid governor (Whitmer), just gave her momentum to start stripping your rights. Find and get involved in a 2A group.

Reactions: Fig
Elections do indeed have consequences- MI had had a 40 year run of Rs controlling both houses - and before the current governor had a 2 term R governor and all the things I mentioned above got worse- got approved - didn’t get fixed . The above mentioned top tens- unsolved murders- missing kids - wrongful convictions on top of worst roads in nation, high taxes , high cost of doing business most expensive health life and auto insurance in nation, tied with NJ for public corruption and elected officials going to jail. Failing schools- enough out flow of population to loose a house seat .
It might be worse with Ds in charge but in a way I’m glad the status quo republicans didn’t get rewarded again for doing a terrible job- for 40 fucking years.

Last edited:
Reactions: E. Bryant and lash
You guys in Michigan need a good grassroots pro-2A organization to fight this tooth and nail. Reelecting that horrible covid governor (Whitmer), just gave her momentum to start stripping your rights. Find and get involved in a 2A group.

We have one that is, in my opinion, pretty good:

The problem is that there's no leverage with which to hold our elected officials accountable. The last election demonstrated that there are no consequences for bad behavior, and the inability of the Republican party to offer up for candidates for The Most Important Election Ever(TM) doesn't help matters.

I predict this one goes to the courts.

Reactions: lash
We have one that is, in my opinion, pretty good:

The problem is that there's no leverage with which to hold our elected officials accountable. The last election demonstrated that there are no consequences for bad behavior, and the inability of the Republican party to offer up for candidates for The Most Important Election Ever(TM) doesn't help matters.

We also have Michigan Gun Owners (MGO), we partner up on a lot of items with MCRGO and Michigan Open Carry (MOC).

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/forum.php
https://miopencarry.org/

I'm sure it will. In the interim, if it passes, some honest citizens will be arrested, detained, and have their firearms confiscated. The problem I have is that politicians can pass this at a whim and are not held accountable for their actions. Losing the next election doesn't make up for the misery caused when they knowingly break the 2A. The same thing going on in Oregon.

First I’ve heard of this, thanks OP. Used to be about 600,000 deer hunters in MI and it looked like an army mobilizing the day or two before rifle deer opened. Can’t imagine this passing but will be making calls tomorrow and pass it around for others to do the same. This is bullshit!

IMG_20221208_082752.jpg

I always feel as though gun owners are like the Indians during westward expansion. I'll just move over there, ok a little further and then your back is against the wall and there is no one left to do anything that matters against the opposition. It makes me sick to see what's happening to our country after so many died to prevent this exact thing from happening.