• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

midway varget

Re: midway varget

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just called midway and they said they didnt have a go or a no go on my Varget order yet. So I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. Im going to see if the local place has any today just to be safe. </div></div>

I also just called Midway and got the same story! They won't say one way or the other if I will get my order.

I placed my order on 2/26/09 and they still don't have an answer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turtle sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kombayotch when did you place your order i still have not recieved mine but i have not had a cancilation </div></div>

Me too. No varget yet. No cancellation yet either. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Placed my order bright and early on the 26th. They didn't bother to send me any notification, found out it was a no go when I called. I hope some of you get your orders filled.

I have a feeling that we will all be getting the cancellation call but havent gotten it yet as hodgdon hasnt processed our order yet to tell us its canceled.

placed my order on 2/27 no cancellation.No phone calls either as I am over seas and wont waste any more money on them.

JVC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at 143.99 plus the hazmat plus their 9.99 fee to ship powder. what a freaking joke. I will not give them my business in the near future. Powder valley does not have it in yet but will soon and most likely not at that high a price nor the 9.99 extra screwing that they want to give you. </div></div>
I just ordered 3 pounds of imr 3031 from powder valley and they chargeds 10.03 cents per pound for hazmat.

The hazmat fee is a fixed price per box, and isn't set by the seller unless the seller covers part of it themselves (some do on large orders) or they're ripping you off. So, order in large lots.

That makes since because i didnt order it all together. I dont understand why they dont charge has mat for ready to use ammo? whatever im not going to complain.

Looks like getting the Varget from Midway is nothing more then a crap shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: missed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That makes since because i didnt order it all together. I dont understand why they dont charge has mat for ready to use ammo? whatever im not going to complain.

</div></div>

It's a DOT thing. Their rules on handling. Fixed ammo is much harder to set on fire than jugs of smokeless.

When fixed ammo gets cooked enough to pop, one round going off will not necessarily set the whole batch on fire.

They're NOT really that concerned about explosions.

20mm and above ammo is a different story. Those things are nasty-boomy when they pop.

I got mine yesterday. Weird, but on the shipping label it said it came from Western Powder, Inc out of Miles City, MT. Hardly any shipping distance from Miles City, MT to Billings, MT.

I just got my tracking number from Midway for my 8# jug of Varget. I ordered it exactly 3 weeks to the day and just now got a tracking number. Im sure it will be another week until it arrives but at least I should be good to go for a little while longer. Hopefully that will last me until mid summer and the powder manufactures will hopefully be upping their output.

I am still waiting for dies and other things from midway that I order on 2/12/09 and they said they would have on 3/1/09.

I am still waiting on the 16lbs I ordered. It is still in the system, and I have been charged for it. A month now.

I got 16lbs of Varget yesterday from Midway, I never received a tracking number and ordered about 3-4 weeks ago. I was waiting for the "refund" e-mail.....it was drop shipped by the way...

Same...I ordered Varget (along with some other stuff) on 2/26, in two separate orders. I got some of the Varget yesterday, and some of it last week (17th). They were both drop-shipped, no tracking, no notification, etc. I'm just happy I got it at all...

I had been told by Midway that there was no Varget, and that they would refund the charge on my CC. I'm working at the loading bench yesterday when I hear a "thump" at the door. Dang if it wasn't 8 pounds of Varget from Midway.

I'm going to have to take back all that grumbling I did about them not delivering!

Cheers... Jim

Ended up picking some up at a local pawn shop...$160/8lb. *sigh* As good as I am gonna get I guess. They had picked it up that morning, only received 2, and the other was already gone.

Yes. Got a couple jugs there so far. Right now they are out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fredreded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your Walmart carries powder?!!! </div></div>

Yes. They also had CCI primers but I dont use or need any

That rocks. I'll be stopping by the sporting goods counter at my local Walmart the next time I'm in. We don't have any good gun stores or reloading supply places within 100 miles of here. Our Walmart doesn't carry anything like that now but I will be suggesting it now that I know there are some that do. Thanks!