• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mildot in use

In the real world, you're not moving around with a scoped LR weapon as your primary when your threat is in a cqb environment.

Someone has been watching Gunny Beckett a bit too much this week.
Total LOL,Your statement shows how limited your knowledge is...and will get you killed, in certain circumstances, and environments of engagement.
Carlos Hathcock moved around in the jungle and stalked his victims, many times alone with his bolt action sniper rifle, ..it's called Scout Sniper. Emphasis on the Scout part of the sniper program, as did other 2 men teams of the time. Sometimes Assigned to kill a certain enemy, personnel.
Not like the desert in Iraq, surrounded by a bunch of troops with the protection of armored vehicles, machineguns, air support, and radio commication. Where any decent shooter can be called a sniper, or designated marksman.
The 18 to 21 yr old girls of the Russian army in WW2 were assigned sniper duty and killed more Nazis than any American soldier in history in 1945 with 3X scopes...girls with kills were over 300 ..sniper is just a tool nothing more ...nothing special.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RRW and 308pirate
Total LOL,Your statement shows how limited your knowledge is...and will get you killed, in certain circumstances, and environments of engagement.
Carlos Hathcock moved around in the jungle and stalked his victims, many times alone with his bolt action sniper rifle, ..it's called Scout Sniper. Emphasis on the Scout part of the sniper program, as did other 2 men teams of the time. Sometimes Assigned to kill a certain enemy, personnel.
Not like the desert in Iraq, surrounded by a bunch of troops with the protection of armored vehicles, machineguns, air support, and radio commication. Where any decent shooter can be called a sniper, or designated marksman.
The 18 to 21 yr old girls of the Russian army in WW2 were assigned sniper duty and killed more Nazis than any American soldier in history in 1945 with 3X scopes...girls with kills were over 300 ..sniper is just a tool nothing more ...nothing special.
Go away shitbag

• Haha
Reactions: RRW
There is one kind of math that I've used quite a bit in competition shooting and in hunting situations: I keep my dope cards limits to 100m increments. After you get out so far, how far depends on the specific ballistics at hand, the difference in drop between X hundreds of meters and 10 or 20 or whatever meters further is enough to pull me off of either a hit or outside of the vitals so I resort to interpolation. Subtract X drop from Y drop, divide by 10, multiply by how many increments of 10 meters and add that number to the X drop. It's not frequent as such but I've used it in most PRS matches I've shot and I've used it in the field while hunting a few times. It is absolutely the last thing I want to do because it costs several seconds and the odds of a calculation error from doing math in my head under time pressure while behind a rifle dealing with whatever performance anxiety might be there is not an awesome place to find oneself.

A lot of egotistical, stupid, wannabe, crumb eaters hanging about...crying in a dark corner clutching a security blanket, hoping their pussy hat pulled down tight will spare then from any facts that might get in the way, of their mighty egos...fact is, no one cares, and your whole life is of little consequence, nothing you'll ever do is important, or worth noting. Nothing...Start there..you're just a fleetingly snapshot, in the passing of billions of light years of time.

One of us has actually done/does this for a living.

The other guy is you.

(Also, pro tip. Hathcock made a point to not get seen/caught in CQB distances. Knowing he was completely fucked if he did. 3x SFP optic wasn't gonna help him)

Reactions: ... and 308pirate
A lot of egotistical, stupid, wannabe, crumb eaters hanging about...crying in a dark corner clutching a security blanket, hoping their pussy hat pulled down tight will spare then from any facts that might get in the way, of their mighty egos...fact is, no one cares, and your whole life is of little consequence, nothing you'll ever do is important, or worth noting. Nothing...Start there..you're just a fleetingly snapshot, in the passing of billions of light years of time.
To follow up on what @Rio Precision Gunworks said, this place has a significant presence of men who have hunted other men for real. The owner of this site included.

Keep it up and you might start attracting some very unwanted attention.

To follow up on what @Rio Precision Gunworks said, this place has a significant presence of men who have hunted other men for real. The owner of this site included.

Keep it up and you might start attracting some very unwanted attention.
The hunting of man & killing has been going on since the beginning time, before firearms. In WW 2 Russia trained girls in their sniper corps and many had more kills with lesser equipment than any of the US snipers of today by far, like over 300 kills... A sniper is a tool of military or law enforcement, service to be utilized, where needed, part of a team, that today moves with an army to obtain its objectives, nothing more, nothing less, impressive,.. no,... it's an assignment.. do your job...that is all.. no more important than the driver bringing the fuel trucks to the tanks...ask General Patton, on his preference.

1696646597017.jpeg

The hunting of man & killing has been going on since the beginning time, before firearms. In WW 2 Russia trained girls in their sniper corps and many had more kills with lesser equipment than any of the US snipers of today by far, like over 300 kills... A sniper is a tool of military or law enforcement, service to be utilized, where needed, part of a team, that today moves with an army to obtain its objectives, nothing more, nothing less, impressive,.. no,... it's an assignment.. do your job...that is all.. no more important than the driver bringing the fuel trucks to the tanks...ask General Patton, on his preference.

1696689405224.png

Thank you for your input :)

Well I know ahead of time my bullet drop because I looked it up on the back of a ammo pack. But is that information unreliable?

Cheat sheet = Pre calculated distance milestone at 50, 100, 150 etc.? And then translate these distances into mil hold over?

Like 50m = 1click, 100m = 2 click and etc.?? Is that a cheat sheet?

Regarding laser finder, if I can't rely on my mil-dot, how can I feed the laser finder data and make accurate hold over with the same unreliable mildots?? I don't get the logic here. Am I missing out something??
Very unreliable unless you are shooting the same fps