• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

military budget sass style setup

Nornev525

Private
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
So I set out to get something similar to the m110 setup I had in the army here's the rundown

M110 by knights armament
Leupold mk6 with horus 59 reticle
Harris bipods

My budget was to do this for under 2k

Here's what I bought

Dpms lr308b
Horus vision hunter with h59 reticle
Harris bipods

Ok first we will start with the rifle while the dpms has no dust cover or forward assist I'm not using it for anything like what I did before so it was a sacrifice I was willing to make. As far as accuracy it's about 90% the rifle the m110 is which is plenty for within 1000m. I was really impressed considering I got it for about 26k less than the 110.

Now onto the optic... The horus Hunter only goes to 12x so for small targets it can get difficult at range however for a ffp it's the best one I've ever used and you have the luxury of a horus style reticle it has good clarity and a price point of around 650$ it's hard to beat.

Not much to say on bipods they are Harris expensive at 120$ but in my eyes worth it they are solid.

Price comparison
M110 27k
Dpms 900 (on sale usually 1100 ish )

Leupold mk6 w h59 2300
Horus Hunter w h59 700

Harris bipods 120

All that being said I think I have a pretty similar setup for about 28k less than what I could've paid by no means will this setup push 1400m easily like the 110 but within 1000 it will do the job.

I hope this info was helpful and it's all based on my opinion and experience with the above listed equipment

If you have questions or want to know more please feel free to pm me with questions

What is the need to compete with a military rifle program with your subpar components and how do you get satisfaction from it? What are you trying to achieve? I guess I don't understand...

Sent from my SCH-I500

I was looking for something comparable to the 110 I used it says that in the post I'm not trying to compete with anything just wanted a sass on a budget thought I'd share for others that may want the same

Rdsii64 mines just the 18 inch bull barrel and it really is a great shooting gun so I'd imagine it'll be a real hitter when you finish it. I think when I get some extra cash again I'm going to upgrade the trigger. Also with the adjustable gas block is that for less gas to control recoil or more to help with cycling?

Also with the adjustable gas block is that for less gas to control recoil or more to help with cycling?

It lets you control the ammount of gas pushing your BCG back. Some use them for suppressors, some for better recoil impulse, some use them to fix an overgassed barrel.

PS: Prepare yourself, the KAC God's are about to strike you down. ;)

Just remember you cant compare anything marketed to the government with anything civilian because it would be half the price if it was only marketed to the civilian shooters........oh and you will hurt the feelings of the guys with expensive rifles, if even mentioned in passing how your DPMS does well.

I'm pretty sure you can buy a Knight's Armament rifle for less than 27K. For 27K, I think you could park a whole fleet of them in your safe.

Believe me I like my DPMS SASS just fine but it's no where near high performance military grade anything. It's a range toy that looks like a SASS which makes it a chick magnet but not really a chick magnet.