• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Personel: Sending care package overseas..

T2CH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Va, USA
To those of you who have served or are serving overseas.
My son is to send a care package to a soldier in Afganhastan. She is a 1st Seargant in Biometrics. He has sent her a letter and she has written in return.
This is a school project and they have voted to send care packages to each soldier they have written to. One child has written to one soldier. I assume all the soldiers for his class are from Biometrics. I thought this was a great idea for the kids to show support for our troops, especially at this time of year.

My question is can you guy's give me some ideas on things you missed having. What do the Women miss or want? Shaving cream? Lotion? Books? Chap Stick? Gum?, A movie? A CD? Etc...

Keep in mind these are 4th graders sending this out.

Thanks

Re: Military Personel: Sending care package overseas..

One item I always send is some of the instant single serving mixes for bottle water. Crystal Lite makes some good ones.

Good idea, thanks

There are some great Ponds exfoliating wipes to wash face, lip balm w/SPF 30 is awesome. They cannot wear makeup or perfume over there, but "comfort items" a memory foam pillow, heated blanket if electricity plentiful (lots of Xmas specials on heated throws). I understand "female stuff" may be accessible, but not favorite brands...cerave make a great pm face moisturizer, purpose, Aveeno, Eucerin make great day moisturizers.

Pm me with?s

i always appreciated a good book. she will most likely be posted at a base with a px, so she wont be short on candy n stuff. im sure that nice face wash, lotion and similar things would be appreciated. The best part for her will probably be the letters though. good on you.

Recent magazines, anything that you can cook with boiling water, drink mixes, sunflower seeds, other little snacks. I'm sure whatever you send will be appreciated!

+1 on the sunflower seeds, that and slim jims, i could never get enough of those things out there for some reason. something fashionably tacky and warm. you'd be amazed at how many knit caps and scarves are worn out there haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: regatoni5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> something fashionably tacky and warm. you'd be amazed at how many knit caps and scarves are worn out there haha</div></div>

AAAAC8v4LtAAAAAAAA0TnA.jpg

hallowig_hair_hat_m-300x287.jpg

118232_01_Lg.jpg

Having been a participant in the Southeast Asia War Games in 69 I would suggest cookies of any kind that are not chocolate chip.
The Good People back in The World would get together and send care packages to us. They were greatly appreciated but the REMFs got most of the goodies.
I could imagine that they would get together and decide what to send."How about cookies?" "Everybody likes chocolate chip cookies, let's send them."
Everybody sent them, God Bless their souls.
There were so many chocolate chip cookies that to this day I don't want one. They make me want to puke.
Send peanut butter cookies or sugar cookies or whatever, but not chocolate chip.
Just my thoughts, and remembering..
I would have killed for a peanut butter cookie.
Regards, FM
I use the prepaid USPS mailer packages to send my stuff over there. Cheap if you do it right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: regatoni5</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> something fashionably tacky and warm. you'd be amazed at how many knit caps and scarves are worn out there haha</div></div>

AAAAC8v4LtAAAAAAAA0TnA.jpg

hallowig_hair_hat_m-300x287.jpg

118232_01_Lg.jpg

</div></div>

I'd rock it.

I'm pretty sure the best thing I received was baby wipes. Pretty much regardless of where I was living, a clean rear made living in rough place a little more tolerable.