• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett LRS/TRS goes Mil/Mil, LRS gets Illum Ret!!

Re: Millett LRS/TRS goes Mil/Mil, LRS gets Illum Ret!!

P.S. sorry if its a dupe.

I would rather have seen them spend the money on better glass but thats me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: invictus maneo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would rather have seen them spend the money on better glass but thats me. </div></div>

How do you rate the glass?? Compares to......

I have one of the 35mm tube models and have to say glass is pretty good. Better than Super Sniper.

Only issue I have is I get a shift of impact when I tighten the zero stop hard.
Nota bad scope for the money.

Obviously no NXS but nice inexpensive option

I looked through one at the range the other day and thought the same. Pretty good glass and, if it would track well, a good low-cost option.

I've compared my LRS to my Bushnell Elite and Bausch & Lomb 4200's, and I was pretty impressed with the clarity of my LRS. The Elite 4200 had slightly more clear glass when both were on 20x, but the LRS was close, and it was MUCH brighter. Obviously this is due to them having different objective sizes, but I was pretty impressed. I've dialed mine out to 500 yards, and haven't had any issues with it returning to zero. I've only got 82 rounds down the tube with it on my .300 WSM, but I haven't had any issues as of yet. I'm excited about the mil/mil.

It is a dupe.
laugh.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=956058

But yea, I'm pretty excited too. Makes for good competition with the falcons

I'm on LRS number two. The first one had major parallax issues and the glass sucked. Returned it rigth before the whole millet/bushnell switch. Went smoothly, CS was good.

The new one the glass still sucks, the parallax isnt much better then it was. Still a very very narrow window and its basically dialled up to max. Because I have run two diffrent ones now, from two different batches, I do not attest this to simple manufacturing issues. At least the latest one stays put when I fire it now (braked .300wm).

I don't know how you compare it to a super sniper..the glass was better and the build was better on the SS I had. Compared to the bushnell 6-24x tactical I used to run on the same rifle, the glass can't even remotely compare. And compared to a nightforce, well forgive the pun but its night and day worse.

The tracking isn't completely accurate everytime, its heavy, big, and there have been multiple QC issues around online, most from the first batch granted.

If your zero stops shift POI-then obviously thats an issue. Unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

I am realistic-I don't have a ton of coin to drop on optics but the only thing the LRS has going for it IMHO is the massive amounts of elevation and a decent reticle. For the price its ok at best, and I won't be buying another. And I hate to say that too I usually pull for the underdog. I have a friend with a TRS that has had issues as well--his reticle fell apart inside the scope after 300 rounds on a .308. The new one is ok but still..between his and my own experiences I will spend the money when I have it next time.

YMMV, but thats just how I feel. I have tried out to 1000 with it and its no good. It does the job and at 450 bucks it'll impress mall rangers with the size and whatnot..but eh.

I have sent LRS back. they would not hold zero. one the recital moved when the power was adjusted. the second's glass was way bad, like looking out on a foggy day! and the focus moved after every two shots. I'm still waiting for bushnell to cut me a check!!

sounds like you had very similar experiences to me--a faulty parallax and a shit glass setup. A shame really, the glass on the trs is at least clear. I am glad I took care of mine before the changeover

the 1st one was sent back during the change over, it went to millett. called to check on it and it was Bushnell, it took awhile for them to find it in the system. they did get me the 2nd scope in about 3 weeks. been waiting about five weeks for my money back. the 1st scope was very clear, the second was crap.

Hello

I am the guy that desgined the LRS TRS AND DMS scopes. I am concerned if some of you had a problem with the LRS. we check every scope and test them on Computer test machine. So if there is a shift I need to get the scope back and check it out. We have not sold many thousands of these scopes but they have been with limited problems. We have not got many back.

As with all Millett products we have full warranty.

good shooting

steve

Steve-I can't deny your good customer service (pre Bushnell; not saying it isn't still I just can't fairly speak from experience) but both the first scope, and the subsequent replacement, haven't been quite up to par for me.

That being said I have just learned to live with it as I don't have time to sit around and wait for a replacement, and it still works.

Good luck and look foward to seeing new product

Steve, the customer service was excellent with Millett,I spoke to you many times and you were very helpful. after the merge was over bushnell got on the problem, and and refunded the scope. I have heard many people with no problems, but the two i had were not up to par with some of your other products. Thanks again for your help.

Hello

Sorry you had to wait for your refund but you are ok now. Biggest point is you were not happy with the Millett. We try hard to make every scope the best scope possible but some times things dont work out. If its got wheels or optics it can casuse problems.

Try us again some time.

Steve

i was happy with your customer service, even during the bushnell take over. i haven't ruled your scopes out.