• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Mini M16 Extractor Services

UNCLEDAN25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2011
SoCal
I figure i would reach out to the hide to see if anyone can install a mini m16 extractor on my existing Rem 700 6.5 WSM Bolt...in a timely manner.
Twice my bolt has NOT extracted a Un-fired round from my Action....with Hunting season coming up quick, its making me a little worried..
Anyone know where I can get this done? PTG is 6-8weeks to deliver a bolt, to buy new. LRI said didn't preform those services right now...I'm sure there are plenty smiths out there just don't know any of them.

Thanks for you help in advance.

I'm in So Cal.

And it will. Go to gre tan and get it done along with bushing the bolt face as remingtons are too loose and it can cause blown primers in time. It will take less than 2 weeks usually.

It means cutting out the existing extractor slot by boring it out, fitting a bushing to make the bolt face the right size, and soldering it into place. Then the new extractor cut is made. This makes sure your bolt face is just the right size.

STR does it in one of his trueing videos, I think in the set that are stickied in this forum.

Wes