• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mini Mauser?

Pathkiller

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
Picked up a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 last week after realizing that I can't run my nomad on the Christensen. Figured why not, I have a boatload of surplus 7.62 and this rifle was made with a .311 bore and is said to be incredibly accurate with cheap steel case. I was able to pick up 500 rounds of subsonic Brown Bear last week at about a quarter the price of blackout, so there's another plus.

It's small, light, the mini-mauser action is slick and the set trigger is very good. I'm not completely thrilled with the stock but I have a Boyd's spike camp on order.

My optic didn't show up until late this afternoon so I wasn't able to make it to the range, I'll report back next weekend with results.

DSC_1984%20copy-X3.jpg

Reactions: Dirty D and Ledzep
I am a huge fan of mini-action rifles. I run a howa, but sometimes wish that I also added a cz to the stable, they look so well made and you never hear complaints about them.

I may snag a cz in 7.62x39 some day for my kids.

My 527 in 223 is always a joy to shoot. Wish it was threaded, but that wasn't an option at the time.

I have a couple myself. A 7.62x39 rebarreled to 6 ARC, and a MTR rebarreled to 300 blackout. Love them. Excellent for the 2.2-2.3" long intermediate cartridges.

It would be fantastic if magazines were available but that's the period we live in.

I like the 527. I threaded the muzzle and the bolt handle on mine. I didn't like the unnecessarily-large firing pin/pin hole in the bolt so I had it bushed since it was cratering CCI 450s at middling book .223 loads. Mine originally came with a hideous thumbhole laminate stock and someone paid me money on top of an exchange with their factory walnut "M1 American" stock. I installed a few HD Grov-tec flush-cups for a sling. Heh, then I rebarreled it for a 1:8" twist in heavier contour and have since shot a few thousand rounds. Trigger's stilll factory though. 😁

Now if only they made a 10-round banana mag for it...

Love mine as well. Have a Primary Arms GL 2x Prism that should be here on Thursday. Wanted to keep it light and handy.

I always wanted one of their mini actions in .223 to build a 7mm TCU, but sort of lost interest once I snagged a Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel.

Well, almost pulled this off. LOP was too long with the pic rail mount installed normally, so I thought why not reverse the rail install? Perfect except for the rail is not universal due to the lug orientation on the receiver. Calling EGW to see if I can buy another front clamp without the lug or if I can push out the existing one. Prefer option 1. Assuming I can get one, then it becomes a question of how to secure it using the lug or having a gun smith drill and tap.

Sweet setup if I can make this work and no bolt clearance issues to boot!

1621533160959.png

1621533215370.png