• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....UPDATED

Re: Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....UPDATED

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> New here and still trying to figure this stuff out. Maybe if i repeat everything i will reach 100 posts sooner and i can sell something if i need to. </div></div>

Welcome to the Hide Dan. I'd recommend against it - unless you're looking to get banned.

Re: Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but on the topic of shooting mats, I dont claim to be a hardass but seriously? need a padded mat? not being a smartass either, I just dont understand them, shot in competitions, won the all army long range aggeregate match and have never needed one, maybe I'm a fatty with the extra padding you skinnies dont have </div></div>

Never shot a match where you had to throw down in a crushed rock parking lot/or on top of a briar patch or tiny cactus? Never had your elbows bloodied from dragging across concrete? To each his own. Rant off.

Good post on the mat by the way. The multicam pic above looks slick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTT </div></div>

do they still make them in woodland color ? thanks. </div></div>

If you want to special order 12, I'll take the other 13 to make the min of 25 ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CAN THESE BE STAKED TO THE GROUND IF IT IS WINDY OUTSIDE? </div></div>

There are no loops on each corner if that's what you are asking. Plenty of ways to skin that cat though.

Hybrids are ok but how do you carry the rest of your gear. I'm thinking about range trips or competition where there's ammo, spotting scope or binos, shooting sticks, chrono (maybe)...etc. You guys just carry a pack? I get most if not all of that stuff into a dragbag (except the chrono). Just wondering.

With a small case like the DB-BS, I think most shooters will carry their gear in a 3-Day pack or something similar. I like the DB-BS because its small enough to lash to a large pack if needed. You can do this with the HSRC or Drag Bag, but it gets a little unwieldy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TLong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M.45
I'm almost sold. It's been a few months, any more good news/feedback on this? Have you noticed anything that should be modified or added to the bag to make it more user friendly or customizeable? </div></div>

I've used it exclusively as my primary bag now since my original post and it's awesome. Been to the desert 6-7 times and to the range a bunch and works great. Here are a couple pics from the local range last month...

Bag2-1.jpg

bag1.jpg

The fact that it doubles as a shooting mat is perfect for my use, I just lay the rifle down, open it up and it's ready to go.

As for the way it wears, the nylon seems tough enough for anything I'm doing with it. When I shoot in the desert, scrub brush is everywhere, so I'll often kick the brush away and lay the mat over it-- then get comfortably prone without scratching my delicate skin. ; )

Here are some pics of how it looks now. No real difference other than some dirt and wear...

bag3.jpg

bag4.jpg

the buckles are all good...

bag5.jpg

I haven't added anything to it except a shoulder strap from another bag (I think Steve at TT sells double shoulder straps for these things, to carry like a backpack. I've been meaning to pick a set up). The shoulder strap is really useful when your hands are full and/or you are hiking to the top of a hill for position.

bag6.jpg

bag7.jpg

This bag holds up and I can't imagine ever going back to my old BH bag. I'd recommend it to anyone. (and no I don't work with Eagle or TT, I just really like the gear)

To the guys who are looking at the Gelati bags, buy what you want but why buy a knockoff? $30 more and you get the real deal. Buy it once and you thank me later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LimaBravo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hybrids are ok but how do you carry the rest of your gear. I'm thinking about range trips or competition where there's ammo, spotting scope or binos, shooting sticks, chrono (maybe)...etc. You guys just carry a pack? I get most if not all of that stuff into a dragbag (except the chrono). Just wondering. </div></div>

I use a small Maxpedition pack for everything. It's much easier to carry ammo and all the stuff I need for comps in a backpack rather than a dragbag. In fact most all of the shooters I see at competitions run a backpack rather than a dragbag.

Here are some pics of my pack setup...

pack7.jpg

pack2.jpg

pack3.jpg

pack4.jpg

pack5.jpg

pack6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">CHINESE KNOCK OFF WARNING:</span>

I just noticed this.... Now for you guys who are thinking about buying a chinese knock off of anything, when taking the pics of my pack this morning I saw a rip in the bottom seam of my Admin pouch!!

The backpack is made by Maxpedition but the Administrator Velcro Flashlight Pouch is a chinese knockoff that I picked up cheap at the local Army Navy store. (my Admin pouch is where I keep my tools, $100 leatherman, hex wrenches.) Well as you can see, the bottom ripped completely out...

pack8rip.jpg

pack10rip.jpg

pack9rip.jpg

pack11rip.jpg

HOLY SHIT! I'm sooo glad I took those pics before going out this weekend, I would have dropped all my tools who the f knows where in the desert.

just ordered one in multicam from triad after seeing this review, cant wait!

I was thinking of getting one as well, but I think i'm gonna wait and sell my old drag bag first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scottsnipe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking of getting one as well, but I think i'm gonna wait and sell my old drag bag first. </div></div>
I just sold my old one to buy this one. can wait till it gets here!

Since somebody asked me....

The Leica Pouch and Kestral Pouch on my pack are made by Red Tac Gear .. http://redtacgear.com/

They are AWESOME. Fits the gear like a glove and no shows no wear. RTG can be purchased at Triad Tactical and Bauer Arms (among other places).

Got mine in yesterday and all I can say is awesome!
One complaint though, you cannot fit a impact data book in the pouch, but I have a 3 day pack so no problem...

Just ordered mine, can't wait. Now I am gonna look for a nice 3 day pack as well, any recommendations?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm wondering if someone might be able to weigh one of these bags empty? I'm looking for something light, and this looks like it might just be the ticket!

Don't be sorry I am glad you bumped it.

I am looking for a bag just like these ones in this thread.

Thanks.

eleven years ago I bought the Eagle drag bag and used it for several matches, but I soon realized I was packing way too much shit in there, so I switched to the DB-BS and have been using two of those ever since (but they definitely do *not* fit my 29-1/2" barreled 6.5Creedmoor match rifle...); just last month I finally sold the Eagle drag bag which had been unused for a decade

Take a look at Eberlestock X3, it helps with the heavy stuff. And it carries the weight close to the body, so its not trying to pull you over backwards.