• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox warrantee report - read if you have any concerns!

@Temper maybe they’ve changed how they do things. I too was asked to show proof of everything. They even wanted my confirmation email from registering.

Sorry my mistake. I just looked at my correspondence with Blaser and I did indeed send in my proof of purchase to them prior to sending my scope. I don’t remember registering it however.

This is my issue. Months-long wait times, hit-or-miss repair service, varying requirements for owners depending on which person you talk or what day of the week it is, mediocre QC out of the box new....I think a working Minox is a really nice scope, but there are just so many options at the same price point where you don't have to deal with this mess.

I think these are the best scopes for the money you can get right now. CS Tactical is the best vendor for scopes, period. I have faith in the product and the vendor. I have been running (and abusing) them for a few years and they have been great. I have let many shooters play with mine to help people decide if the want to buy a Minox. The shooters that have bought them have all been very happy with theirs.

@patriot07 If you don't want one don't buy one. If warranty is the most important thing to you, buy a Vortex.

I think these are the best scopes for the money you can get right now. CS Tactical is the best vendor for scopes, period. I have faith in the product and the vendor. I have been running (and abusing) them for a few years and they have been great. I have let many shooters play with mine to help people decide if the want to buy a Minox. The shooters that have bought them have all been very happy with theirs.

@patriot07 If you don't want one don't buy one. If warranty is the most important thing to you, buy a Vortex.
Warranty is not the most important thing. If it was, I'd buy all SWFA because they're an hour away and I can swap them out same day.

But it is important, as is QC. And Minox is so far behind the industry standard on warranty service that it makes them a tough purchase from, given the price and the other excellent options in that price range. That was my only point. Not #1, but also not irrelevant.

If they were by far the best option in their price range performance-wise, I'd go for it. But at least to my eyes, they're not.

What does this have to do with the subject? You’re just fanboying and it’s pointless. It’s clear Minox is lacking in many aspects, from QC to CS.

But it is important, as is QC. And Minox is so far behind the industry standard on warranty service
That is not true. I own these scopes and use them.

I have personally seen many scopes break and many that were duds out of the box. Many of these scope were from companies that that have great reputations for quality (S&B, Kahles, NF, Vortex, Steiner, ETC). I have no idea why you have a bone to pick with Minox, especially considering you have never owned one.

If you don't want one, don't buy one. It's that simple. I like them and will continue to use them and will always buy them from CS Tactical specifically.

That is not true. I own these scopes and use them.

I have personally seen many scopes break and many that were duds out of the box. Many of these scope were from companies that that have great reputations for quality (S&B, Kahles, NF, Vortex, Steiner, ETC). I have no idea why you have a bone to pick with Minox, especially considering you have never owned one.

If you don't want one, don't buy one. It's that simple. I like them and will continue to use them and will always buy them from CS Tactical specifically.

So you find four to five month warranty turn arounds acceptable?

Me: And Minox is so far behind the industry standard on warranty service
You: that is not true

How not? The industry standard isn't 2-4 months return time on warranty.

I bought some cheap bushnell binoculars last month. They were a display model and I knew they had a loose focus knob when I bought them (got them significantly discounted). I sent them to Bushnell and had them back a week later. This was on a $50 pair of binos, not a $3k scope.

Recently sent a stock to Manners - had it back in a week. Has anyone who ever shipped anything to Vortex or Nightforce had it take longer than 2-3 weeks? Again, a $600 item, not $3k.

I had an issue with an SWFA once. Couldn't make it down there, so I mailed it in. Had a replacement within days.

Buddy of mine took nearly a year to get a working scope back from Minox (returned it 3 times before it was properly repaired).

If you're fine with Minox service, that's your choice. But folks should know what they're getting into when they choose that option.

I have had great experiences also from Manners and NF. NF turn around time was 3 weeks door to door. Manners went above and beyond my Customer Service expectations several times.

Minox, simply put, seems to be hit or miss on CS and QC. Some have had great/acceptable experiences, others have not. At this point there are arguments on both sides and I think it has just become a pissing match.

Although, I do not think Minox is alone in the inconsistent CS/QC in the scope department. Kahles took 3 Gens to get the K624 correct and by all accounts their Warranty/CS was a clusterfuck for quite some time, especially when it changed hands. Steiner/Burris has been another one that has inconsistent CS/Warranty.

Off the top of my head I can recall recent threads where there were issues with S&B and Tangent Theta warranty work.

Reactions: patriot07
No, Minox is definitely not alone in the whole CS/QC clusterfuck. As a whole, it seems like they GENERALLY do right by the customer. Even if it does take some time.

I never have understood why anyone would spend their hard earned money on Kahles. Like you said, 3 generations and still putting out subpar scopes in regards to CA and durability. Especially for the price you pay for one. Not alpha, not close.

That's neither here nor there, however. "Dat German glass tho." Is what is yelled from the rooftops.

I'm just thankful for the competition in this optics game. Lots of choices.