• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hi All Snipershide I have something to tell you guys all ,Don't buy SCHMIDT&BENDER before you read this!!

I had to use Jerry one time and he delivered perfectly ... sorry you are having issues ... hope they get you squared away ... but being in Thailand probably complicates things further for you than us here in the states ...
Exactly true, Actually I can wait and i predicted for repair around 1 year , but i didn't expect that S&B service will return my scope that still have the issue at 11.00 that why i'm so disappointed it annoy me so much

sorry to hear about your ordeal. BUT I must agree with others I have used and abused S&B PM 2's and only 1 has went in to jerry at S&B because it started fogging in cold (never lost zero etc) and that scope had many yrs and miles on it. I pd shipping to Jerry, he fixed er up good as new in 2 wks sent back to me no charge. Jerry is the guy.

sorry to hear about your ordeal. BUT I must agree with others I have used and abused S&B PM 2's and only 1 has went in to jerry at S&B because it started fogging in cold (never lost zero etc) and that scope had many yrs and miles on it. I pd shipping to Jerry, he fixed er up good as new in 2 wks sent back to me no charge. Jerry is the guy.
yes i agree that everyone sent their scopes to Jerry and return back with good condition ,but for me i have got the bad experience that because i have to pay for shipping back by my own and 1 year waiting it very hard to accept that and maybe i have to send it back again ??

Reactions: Milf Dots
Hi Sitichaith, I’m Australian but I’m often in Thailand. The range in your pictures looks familiar, think I’ve been there😀
I’ll send you a PM, don’t think I can assist with repair in Australia, but maybe there are other options. Have you shot at the Sattahip Navy range?

For folks not familiar with Thailand, imported products like scopes attract a high tax making them even more expensive than US or Aus. Getting items exported an re imported can be a lot of paperwork and hassle. Also, hand loads are restricted so generally just factory ammo. In my limited experience, Thai locals do very well with what’s available.

20 Dec at 22_00-1.jpeg

This is the Thailand dealer listed on S & B international website. Some dealers get weird if the device wasn’t purchased locally, maybe worth a call.

Most of it has nothing to do with the function of the optic, more to do with things like small dust particles that work their way into view over years of hard use.
That is very much different then a ton of top tier scopes unable to track or hold zero.
The dust/grease thing can happen to any optic, it has happened to tangent thetas here.

Then there are the people that send it in and buy new turrets/reticles.
That and about 2019-2020 S&B got a bad lot of grease that would work its way into view overtime with use, it didn’t impact the functionality of the optic it was just annoying, so just send it in and they would replace the grease for you.
Got quoted $1426 to swap my P4FL to a GRID this past July. F that.

Same here, I current own one and S.bender are my brother favorites so i get to play with them a lot. THEY are top tier in the optics world.

Got quoted $1426 to swap my P4FL to a GRID this past July. F that.
Yea, strange, I had same experience. All the other reticles other than the GR2ID reticle are $550, assuming your model supports such a change (I know not all reticles are available for all models). I was quoted about the same from Jerry Ricker when I inquired. Not sure why such a difference in price, and that was not even with turret updates. I think it is S&B's way of saying buy a new scope instead of upgrading old ones with the GR2ID reticle already emplaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
View attachment 8301379
This is the Thailand dealer listed on S & B international website. Some dealers get weird if the device wasn’t purchased locally, maybe worth a call.
Thx mate, I know this place but haven't call them right now I have to talk to S&B first. because i didn't buy at outdoor vision.
so i'm not sure they will help me or not and also at the place that i bought they didn't help me too , at first time that i sent the scope back i have to pay for shipment by my self it around 8000 thai bath around 230$US

Where did you buy the scope?

I spoke to Jerry today via phone and will be emailing with him tomorrow. I know he had some trouble with his work email last week and I would try to call him tomorrow or try emailing him again.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash and Bakwa
Yea, strange, I had same experience. All the other reticles other than the GR2ID reticle are $550, assuming your model supports such a change (I know not all reticles are available for all.models). I was quoted about the same from Jerry Ricker.when I inquired. Not sure why such a difference in price, and that was not even with turret updates. I think it is S&B's way of saying buy a new scope instead of upgrading old ones with the GR2ID reticle already emplaced.
How long ago was your $550 quote? I found a quote before 'rona and it was $900. He ditched it and went to TT.
I have a PMII 5-25x56 which was available in GR2ID. I'll be ditching it for a NF or ZCO anyways with those quotes. (If I wanted Horus it would of been $1900).

How long ago was your $550 quote? I found a quote before 'rona and it was $900. He ditched it and went to TT.
I have a PMII 5-25x56 which was available in GR2ID. I'll be ditching it for a NF or ZCO anyways with those quotes. (If I wanted Horus it would of been $1900).
$550 was for a single T-dot L3 reticle to a P4FL reticle (July 2023). The GR2ID reticle quote which was $1k+ was around same time which I did not go with.

Reactions: AznTactical
Schmidt & Bend Over

Holy shit

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical
Happy new year to all you guys , right now, I sent email to S&B around 15Dec now 3 Jan no one reply me.
Have you tried calling and what email are you sending too? I literally talked to Jerry via email again today

Have we figured out why Jerry would have anything to do with a scope in Thailand?

Hi Guys!! so now on Can you guys believe me that I have sent Email to S&B(in USA) and no one reply me at all since 15DEC last year so now on 8 JAN!?
I will raise my case and show you guys know how they work ! and I will keep doing this until i get the answer from Them. I need their responsibility.

Attachments

• S__25255947.jpg
    S__25255947.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 63
Hi Guys!! so now on Can you guys believe me that I have sent Email to S&B(in USA) and no one reply me at all since 15DEC last year so now on 8 JAN!?
I will raise my case and show you guys know how they work ! and I will keep doing this until i get the answer from Them. I need their responsibility.
You need to reach out to and send it in to an EU or otherwise overseas service center instead of the Winchester, VA US service center.

Here's S&Bs Service page on their website:

No need to bother Jerry Ricker anymore.

It's like you don't want this to succeed.

Where did you buy the scope?

Jerry said to try emailing him again now. He said his email was down in December and he doesn't have any of your contact info since that optic was sent in through Euro Optic.

I would probably suggest spending a little more time explaining whats going on and choose a better subject title for the email than those in your screen shots.

Jerry said to try emailing him again now. He said his email was down in December and he doesn't have any of your contact info since that optic was sent in through Euro Optic.

I would probably suggest spending a little more time explaining whats going on and choose a better subject title for the email than those in your screen shots.
Or just call him? Probably in the middle of the night for you, but it’d be worth it. Phone plans being what they are, I’d assume you would either have free international calling or could buy a month of it for a low fee.

But I am too lazy to check if you’ve already said you speak English well enough or not.

Or just call him? Probably in the middle of the night for you, but it’d be worth it. Phone plans being what they are, I’d assume you would either have free international calling or could buy a month of it for a low fee.

But I am too lazy to check if you’ve already said you speak English well enough or not.

That's been suggested many times and he doesn't want to for some reason. He's being his own worst enemy here.

Reactions: carbonbased
WHY THE FUCK IS SOMEONE IN THAILAND SENDING DEALING WITH THE US FOR AN S&B SCOPE?!?!?!?!?!

Reactions: nn8734
WHY THE FUCK IS SOMEONE IN THAILAND SENDING DEALING WITH THE US FOR AN S&B SCOPE?!?!?!?!?!

Sounds like he bought it from a US dealer and likely went to them and they got it back and handled the first warranty and sent it back to him. Why, I don’t know.

Asked same; posted the link w/S&B service center contact info based on general location (US, EU, Everywhere else) so Jerry don't have to deal with this shit any more but people are still telling this motherfucker to deal Winchester, VA for some reason. Given the motherfucker is in Thailand, he needs to deal w/the correct service center that supports that part of the world.

Reactions: Tokay444
Asked same; posted the link w/S&B service center contact info based on general location (US, EU, Everywhere else) so Jerry don't have to deal with this shit any more but people are still telling this motherfucker to deal Winchester, VA for some reason. Given the motherfucker is in Thailand, he needs to deal w/the correct service center that supports that part of the world.

I texted Jerry the link to this thread trying to help this guy out since S&B isn't aware every time someone makes a post on here about one of their scopes. What I posted is what Jerry asked me to. He needs to email him again with clear detail of whats going on and they'll sort it out.

I texted Jerry the link to this thread trying to help this guy out since S&B isn't aware every time someone makes a post on here about one of their scopes. What I posted is what Jerry asked me to. He needs to email him again with clear detail of whats going on and they'll sort it out.
Yea, I don't expect Schmidt Bender to monitor the Hide for any reason which is why the OP should have looked up then contacted the correct service center number/email for his location from the start vs trying to go around in circles with Jerry/S&B in Winchester while starting and carrying on as he has in this thread.

But if Jerry is instructing you thusly, then he's going above and beyond which is why he's so great to deal with, despite the OP's rantings to the contrary.

Reactions: Tokay444
Sounds like he bought it from a US dealer and likely went to them and they got it back and handled the first warranty and sent it back to him. Why, I don’t know.
What US dealer?

To be fair it's nearly the same distance Bangkok to Winchester as it is to Germany -- but going to Europe doesn't require ITAR clearance.

To be fair it's nearly the same distance Bangkok to Winchester as it is to Germany -- but going to Europe doesn't require ITAR clearance.
Are regular rifle scopes (ie non night vision/thermal scopes) still restricted under ITAR? Thought they were removed from ITAR controls...

Are regular rifle scopes (ie non night vision/thermal scopes) still restricted under ITAR? Thought they were removed from ITAR controls...
Does it have a dual-use aiming reticle?

Hard to keep straight when three separate agencies track and control similar (but not identical) hardware that may or may not be on the United States Munitions List.

Does it have a dual-use aiming reticle?

Hard to keep straight when three separate agencies track and control similar (but not identical) hardware that may or may not be on the United States Munitions List.
Yep lots to keep track of, lots of diff regs...according to this site (wiley law), regular day scopes were removed from ITAR in early 2020....