• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox Zp5 5-25x56

The OD of the objective bell of the ZP5 5-25x56 is 2.442" in diameter. Also keep in mind the Tenebraex cap adds another .135" below the objective bell, so from the center of the scope to the bottom of the Tenebraex cap would be 1.356"
Thanks so much, I truely appreciate it! You would think scope manufacturers would advertise this if it’s important in purchasing rings. I researched but found nothing, so thank you.

Thanks so much, I truely appreciate it! You would think scope manufacturers would advertise this if it’s important in purchasing rings. I researched but found nothing, so thank you.
My pleasure, sometimes the info is buried, but most manufacturers do have the specs/dimensions somewhere, you can check out the attachment below

Attachments

• MINOX_Riflescopes_Catalog_EN__2018.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: Maveroid
So how much
I'm the proud new owner of 2 Minox ZP5 5-25. I bought them from CSTactical and couldn't be happier with the purchase. Those guys know their stuff. If you're on the fence about any scope, like I was, just give them a shout and they can give you answers. I can't overstate what a pleasure it was to buy from them.

One of them is for my RPR 6.5, and the other is for a friend's 300 WM. Since I have two of them, I was able to compare both of them while off the rifles. I've only mounted and used one so far. Between the 2 identical scopes, the clicks have a barely noticeable difference between them. I wouldn't consider either of them to be mushy, but I did perceive one of the scopes to be slightly more crisp on the turrets.

Before zeroing either of the scopes, I did observe something that has been mentioned on this thread a couple times. The sight picture had a very crisp edge all the way around, but gets blurry toward the top. I didn't even call CSTactical because, as mentioned in this thread, i knew the erector was probably bottomed out and once I zero it, there would be no issues. I'm glad I didn't worry about it. Once I zeroed the ZP5 on my RPR 6.5 creedmoor, I got the perfect edge to edge clarity that so many people have learned to expect from this scope. For those curious, to get a 100 yard zero on my 20 MOA rail, with a Really Right Stuff 0 MOA base, I needed to dial up about 13 mils of elevation from the setting the scope shipped with.
mills of elevation do you get with only 20 moa of can’t

So how much

mills of elevation do you get with only 20 moa of can’t

I'll have to double check my setup, but I am pretty sure that I get 23 MIL up from a 20 MOA base and 0 MOA one piece mount. Way more than enough for everything I will be shooting right now, except for some ELR rimfire haha!

Josh

I'll have to double check my setup, but I am pretty sure that I get 23 MIL up from a 20 MOA base and 0 MOA one piece mount. Way more than enough for everything I will be shooting right now, except for some ELR rimfire haha!

Josh
That’s weird cause I also have a ruger with 20 moa base and a 0 moa sphur mount but I can only get about 17 mils when out my Kahles when zeroed even thou the scope has 30 mills of internal travel want to find out because I am selling my Kahles to get the Minox and I want to get new scope mounts to atleast get me 23 25 mils of travel without having it dialed up to low to mess with image quality

That’s weird cause I also have a ruger with 20 moa base and a 0 moa sphur mount but I can only get about 17 mils when out my Kahles when zeroed even thou the scope has 30 mills of internal travel want to find out because I am selling my Kahles to get the Minox and I want to get new scope mounts to atleast get me 23 25 mils of travel without having it dialed up to low to mess with image quality

If you want to maximize the travel of your scope (based on your intended use), then you need to get a more angled base and/or a more angled set of rings. Think about it this way: when you zero your scope, it will probably be pretty close to the optical centre of travel, meaning that you should be able to dial (with a 30 MIL total travel scope) 15 MIL up and 15 MIL down (+/- a little).

So if you have a scope with 30 MIL total travel now and you've added a 20 MOA (5.82 MIL) base, then you should be able to zero 5.8 MIL below the optical centre. Seeing as you only are able to dial up 17 MIL, that means that your zero is actually not in the optical centre of that scope, but is actually ~ 4 MIL off leaving you with only 17 MIL available to dial up.

So, to get your zero closer to your optical centre is MUCH harder than to get more elevation. If you want 23-25 Mil of travel (which is a ton!) then you'd need to add an extra 6 - 8 Mil or 20 - 30 MOA. You can accomplish this with a 40 MOA base and 0 MOA rings or a 20 MOA base and 20 MOA rings (or any other combination of rings and bases), but how far and with what caliber do you really want to shoot?

I am a fan of you switching from the Kahles to the Minox, because I believe that the Minox is a superior scope, but I would not say that you will get an extra 6-8 Mil of total travel just by changing scopes alone.

Hope this helps,
Josh

Reactions: Edgecrusher
If you want to maximize the travel of your scope (based on your intended use), then you need to get a more angled base and/or a more angled set of rings. Think about it this way: when you zero your scope, it will probably be pretty close to the optical centre of travel, meaning that you should be able to dial (with a 30 MIL total travel scope) 15 MIL up and 15 MIL down (+/- a little).

So if you have a scope with 30 MIL total travel now and you've added a 20 MOA (5.82 MIL) base, then you should be able to zero 5.8 MIL below the optical centre. Seeing as you only are able to dial up 17 MIL, that means that your zero is actually not in the optical centre of that scope, but is actually ~ 4 MIL off leaving you with only 17 MIL available to dial up.

So, to get your zero closer to your optical centre is MUCH harder than to get more elevation. If you want 23-25 Mil of travel (which is a ton!) then you'd need to add an extra 6 - 8 Mil or 20 - 30 MOA. You can accomplish this with a 40 MOA base and 0 MOA rings or a 20 MOA base and 20 MOA rings (or any other combination of rings and bases), but how far and with what caliber do you really want to shoot?

I am a fan of you switching from the Kahles to the Minox, because I believe that the Minox is a superior scope, but I would not say that you will get an extra 6-8 Mil of total travel just by changing scopes alone.

Hope this helps,
Josh

Switching to Minox not cause of the mills won’t get anything out do hav to change mount but switching cause the Minox is a much better scope and I’m not happy with the Kahles glass and functions and reticle

All of my Minox ZP5 scopes are on 20 min rails, and I get 23+ mills out of them zeroed at 100 y