• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Minox Zp5 5-25x56

I just picked up a TT. Theres something different about how the turrets operate on it. It's hard to explain. It feels more "mechanical"? I don't know that it would be easy for anyone to do.

However, I hear the turrets have gotten better on the Minox with each new round of scopes.

I have ave a Minox out to Germany right now getting a reticle change. Once it's back, I'll run em side by side.

Don't have enough time behind the TT yet to compare, but with regards to glass performance, the Minox is the best I've ever looked through. (I've spent a good deal of time behind it) Also has my favorite reticles.

But to respond to your question, yes, if turret feel were improved, 2nd rev resistance was minimized or removed, it would probably pick up a lot more market share imo.

i have a hunch the tight spot going to the 2nd rev is from the small cam in the turret engaging the sleeve (or whatever is under the turret) that rotates the 2nd rev indicator dots...i havent looked at it closely cause i dont care...i run it in PRS matches and in PRS matches i spend about .00001% of the time above 11 mils running 6/6.5s...someone could look at their turret and see if that cam can be removed and if the tight spot is still there

This thread reminds me of people complaining about the bolt-lift on the best actions available. I have let some top 20 PRS guys play with mine and none of them seemed to care at all about the 2nd rev indicator. They were more interested in the glass, reticle, turrets and price. No scope is perfect, not sure why people cannot wrap their head around that.

Reactions: ram
i have a hunch the tight spot going to the 2nd rev is from the small cam in the turret engaging the sleeve (or whatever is under the turret) that rotates the 2nd rev indicator dots...i havent looked at it closely cause i dont care...i run it in PRS matches and in PRS matches i spend about .00001% of the time above 11 mils running 6/6.5s...someone could look at their turret and see if that cam can be removed and if the tight spot is still there

Correct! And it also gives feedback to the shooter that they are going into the second rev. Some of our customers shooting PRS matches are doing pretty well with this scope with no apparent issues.

Correct! And it also gives feedback to the shooter that they are going into the second rev. Some of our customers shooting PRS matches are doing pretty well with this scope with no apparent issues.

Mike, do you happen to know if I can run the 3-15x50 with the Sphur GAP mount (1.10") and an M24 barrel? Will sit on a TL3 20 Moa base.

This thread reminds me of people complaining about the bolt-lift on the best actions available. I have let some top 20 PRS guys play with mine and none of them seemed to care at all about the 2nd rev indicator. They were more interested in the glass, reticle, turrets and price. No scope is perfect, not sure why people cannot wrap their head around that.

I don't get it either. I've had so many scopes over the years that had resistance as they went into the 2nd rev. It's not a big deal but people have to find something to nitpick on I suppose?

It is bad design, bad execution, in a $3000 scope. S&B, Vortex, Kahles, etc don't bind. Their second turn indicators are designed to push dirt out of the turret. Minox binds and smears dirt into the turret.

They need to put just just a basic splined deal like Bushnell and keep the price low. Then it will be awesome.

I don't get it either. I've had so many scopes over the years that had resistance as they went into the 2nd rev. It's not a big deal but people have to find something to nitpick on I suppose?

Ask yourself this: if Minox offered two versions of this scope, one with the 2nd turn resistance and one without, which one would most people choose to buy.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying. I said like 10 posts ago that people would likely choose the one without the resistance.

What im trying to get at is that for me and many others, it just doesn't matter.

This thread reminds me of people complaining about the bolt-lift on the best actions available.

I thought my ears were itching more than usual... Nothing is perfect but some things could stand for improvement.

Ok... heard back. The tech said the resistance in the 2nd turn is a result of the mechanical design of the turret. It's a byproduct, not an intentional "feature." So there's your answer.

Ask yourself this: if Minox offered two versions of this scope, one with the 2nd turn resistance and one without, which one would most people choose to buy.

Be sure to also include whether you want the 2nd revolution indicator because the two are tied together if I'm not mistaken. The funny thing with my ZP5 is that the resistance is actually before the second turn and not right at the transition back to the zero marker. My favorite second rev indicator was the Steiner T5Xi, loved those turrets, wish I could have loved the rest of the scope.

shot in a belly steel match today...1.5 and 1 moa diamonds from 500-1k yds, no sighters, all shots for score...Minox ZP5s took 1st (92%), 2nd (86%),and 4th (76%, first time taking it to distance after zeroing at 100 yds)

Ok... heard back. The tech said the resistance in the 2nd turn is a result of the mechanical design of the turret. It's a byproduct, not an intentional "feature." So there's your answer.

Not doubting thats what you were told what I will say is when we were speaking to them at SHOT the rep from Minox (not Blaser USA) pointed that out as a "feature" while explaining all the points designed for Mil/LEO use. So basically they need to get their story straight is what I'm saying.

If it were intentional it makes sense while we can argue the merits of its execution as compared to how Khales or SB accomplish the same thing the idea (if intentional) is to give positive feedback in low light.

I have a ZP5 with MR4 inbound so thought it would be worth checking in on this thread to see how they are holding up in the wild? Cheers, BP

Will you just have to pay GST? If it's still sub $4k I'm considering one. But basic PMII's being $3.5k make it hard.

I'd assume at or just over 4K with the GST hit. Problem with the PMII's on offer here is they all come with P4 fine reticle - if they had MSR etc they'd be worth a hard look.

I'd assume at or just over 4K with the GST hit. Problem with the PMII's on offer here is they all come with P4 fine reticle - if they had MSR etc they'd be worth a hard look.

Yeah true. Whats involved in doing the import stuff? How are you notified its in customs? And how do you pay the taxes? Hopefully any warranty work can be done through any local Minox dealer.

Where snouts roughly is everyone running out of parallax adjustment at? From where I had my diopter set and no parallax at 100 yds I don't have much travel left before infinity. It may be normal but I've been having parallax issues as of late with my AMG and messing with the diopter trying to get it straightened out and it got me wondering about my Minox so of course I didn't leave well enough alone and started messing with it, now I have two scopes that aren't set right. Fucking nightmare at the moment from me being an idiot.

anyone care to post a pic of where they have their parallax knob to be free at 100 yds?

Just received a Minox ZP5 5-25 w/ MR4 reticle to replace an older one with MR5 reticle.

Figured some folks would want to know about the following.

The turret feel is night and day different from my previous one. I believe my previous one was one of the first runs. This new one I received has turrets that are really tacticle. Each click is very sharp and distinct. They feel really good. My only real quibble with my first one were the turrets. This is significantly changed.

Most of the 2nd rev tension is gone. I remember my first Minox, the tension to the 2nd rev was really stiff. This one has just enough to let me know i'm going into the next rev but doesn't cause any issues at all. Still easy to find the exact click I want as i'm moving through the slight additional tension.

I don't recall exactly what the magnification and parallax knobs felt like on my previous one, but they're perfect on this one.

Looking forward to mounting it up and comparing it to my TT 5-25 and NF 7-35. I imagine it'll do well.

Will run a box test to see how it tracks.

Just received a Minox ZP5 5-25 w/ MR4 reticle to replace an older one with MR5 reticle.

The turret feel is night and day different from my previous one. I believe my previous one was one of the first runs. This new one I received has turrets that are really tacticle. Each click is very sharp and distinct. They feel really good. My only real quibble with my first one were the turrets. This is significantly changed.

Most of the 2nd rev tension is gone. I remember my first Minox, the tension to the 2nd rev was really stiff. This one has just enough to let me know i'm going into the next rev but doesn't cause any issues at all. Still easy to find the exact click I want as i'm moving through the slight additional tension.

I don't recall exactly what the magnification and parallax knobs felt like on my previous one, but they're perfect on this one.

Looking forward to mounting it up and comparing it to my TT 5-25 and NF 7-35. I imagine it'll do well.

I've got one inbound (apparently the latest version) so I appreciate the update. I did contact the supplier (Optics Trade out of Slovenia) to ask specifically about changes to the turrets but they couldn't confirm anything.

Glad you like it Dave :cool: Keep us posted on what you think.

I'm interested in hearing where you hit infinity on your parallax at. From my conversation with cstactical today I came away understanding there was a change on where they set some lenses. Seems most of us with prior scopes where hitting infinity at around 600.

That's how my rebuilt turret feels.

It's now amongst the best turrets I've ever felt.

Hm, PM me your approx s/n range? I'd say mines stiff as hell and it IS the MR4 reticle so I thought it was a newer run - maybe I'm just a wuss.

Hm, PM me your approx s/n range? I'd say mines stiff as hell and it IS the MR4 reticle so I thought it was a newer run - maybe I'm just a wuss.

Are you trying to turn it with your finger tips or grabbing it like you mean it to turn with your hand?

Fingertips. My S/N is after Dave's; I must be a wuss haha.

So is the resistance lighter than before or not? The one I had, as soon as you entered the resistance area, the audible sound of the clicks would almost completely disappear... is this still the case?

Dang, my Minox zp5 turrets DEFINITELY ain’t that clicky thru the travel or as smooth thru the 2nd rev...I’m jealous lol