• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Minox ZP5 not holding parallax adjustment

rcmigpilot

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2012
Louisiana
Anyone else having issues with Monox ZP5 not holding the parallax adjustment? I was starting to think it was me but during the last 2 range trips I've noticed I've had to reset the parallax a couple of times. I can get the image crystal clear then 10 shots or so later it gets slightly blurry and I have to adjust it again. Time constraints have meant the last 3 or 4 range trips have been fairly short and limited to 100 yards so I really haven't had time to trouble shoot the problem and figure out if it's something I'm doing or not. Is this a common problem with the Minox? Rifle and scope have about 200 rounds since new.

That's a feature the design team carried over from the earlier Premier scopes. :ROFLMAO:

I do have a premier 5-25 with that exact issue, only it happens every shot-- which is why it now lives on a pcp air rifle so there's no real recoil to speak of to knock the parallax out of adjustment and leave the image blurry after every shot.

I'd send it in for repair.

Send it in, be prepared for 2-3 months and at least a 25% chance that the issue isn't fixed. Minox makes good scopes, but this is exactly why I'll never own one. Poor QC and long repair times for US owners.

Anyone else having issues with Monox ZP5 not holding the parallax adjustment? I was starting to think it was me but during the last 2 range trips I've noticed I've had to reset the parallax a couple of times. I can get the image crystal clear then 10 shots or so later it gets slightly blurry and I have to adjust it again. Time constraints have meant the last 3 or 4 range trips have been fairly short and limited to 100 yards so I really haven't had time to trouble shoot the problem and figure out if it's something I'm doing or not. Is this a common problem with the Minox? Rifle and scope have about 200 rounds since new.
Are you pretty sure that it’s not heat mirage coming off your barrel after 10 shots?

Can you adjust the blurriness out with the parallax knob?

Reactions: goneal
Are you pretty sure that it’s not heat mirage coming off your barrel after 10 shots?

That's a good thought, mirage from barrel heat is a possibility that should be ruled out prior to sending it back.

Maybe shoot a few rounds until the image gets blurry as described and then toss a towel over the barrel and look through the scope. If the image cleans up, it's mirage from the barrel heat; if the image remains blurry and needs parallax adjustment to correct it, the scope needs to be checked out.

Reactions: Tac Beard

No, it's not mirage and yes I can adjust it out. The first 10 shots of the day is barely warm, not near hot enough to cause mirage in the scope.