• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missile Launch off the coast of LA

Re: Missile Launch off the coast of LA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If that WASNT us, dont you think that their would be some retaliation going on? Or at least someone would be saying we are under attack? </div></div>

no

Ah. Yes. That video. Or something like this? LOL!
grin.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Z-3fjg4dYY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Z-3fjg4dYY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Or this!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkT3I6RDPkw&feature=fvw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkT3I6RDPkw&feature=fvw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

It was a Remington made sub and they had an AD when unloading it with the safety on. CNBC will be all over it if that missile lands on a kid...

If it is a plane - why have they not stated exactly which plane it was, were it originated and what its destination was. These are data points that are easily retrievable. The longer they are not specific about exactly what happened - the less credible they are.

While I don't encourage a 'sky is falling' reaction to this, if someone was screwing you on a substantial personal debt, you might send them a message too.

Good luck

Expect to see an official report soon that designates the flight number of the "airplane" we all saw
laugh.gif

While I'm leaning towards it being a ballistic missle of some sort, I'm thinking the official release will be that it was a large aircraft, B52 or similar, taking off using an experimental new type of JATO, much larger that past versions.

At least thats what my cover story would be if placed in that situation.

guys guys, i found the answer. on you tube of course. now dont laugh, she knows what she is talking about

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKx4MeBybkc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKx4MeBybkc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">guys guys, i found the answer. on you tube of course. now dont laugh, she knows what she is talking about

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKx4MeBybkc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKx4MeBybkc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

She's not a bad looker for an older woman, just some duct tape to shut her up then you're GTG
grin.gif

I can't believe that she dumped the blame on the Pleiadians.

That's complete BS.

Everyone knows that this is a conspiracy involving both the Illuminati and the Chupacabras.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">guys guys, i found the answer. on you tube of course. now dont laugh, she knows what she is talking about

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKx4MeBybkc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dKx4MeBybkc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

man she is hot! ! ! man if i had my way with her... lets just say she would be talking more about a secret agenda to pound and destroy her vajayjay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was the Chicoms pissed about 'Quantitative Easing' and us trying to screw with the vig that we owe them.

On a related note - if your running area 51 and you are not discrete, do you get in trouble?

Good luck </div></div>

lol i like when rush limbaugh calls the chinese chicoms hehe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They sound more and more stupid the longer they continue to say we (military) had nothing to do with it or we don't know what it was...Really you don't know who it was that pushed the damn button that launched that missile? I swear government types must really think everyone is just really stupid.

And if this wasn't the work of our military then that doesn’t get any better for them. Someone unknown to them can launch a missile or rocket so close to the US and they don't know who did it....Please!!
</div></div>

The next time that sub taps one off the West coast it is probably going to be aimed the other direction (major East coast city). </div></div>

I don't care what kind of B.S. our Military, Government, or whoever tells us. That is a missile that was launched by a sub. That is not a contrail from a plane unless it was a friggin X-15.

Of course you are going to loose electricity today. They're called rolling blackouts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was a Remington made sub and they had an AD when unloading it with the safety on. CNBC will be all over it if that missile lands on a kid... </div></div>

LMAO

Another vote for military "testing".

This was not unheard of in the 70s down there.

BMT

tullius, you da man!

...or are part of a secret underground government agency that goes out to dispell public suspicions of covert or alien conspiracies that harbor some creedence?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow thought i was a conspiracy wackjob but wow. </div></div>

The most important take away from that gal?

That dipshit votes.

Also, single dudes - pay attention: no ring, store bought titties, and a house full of shit. Someone married that crazy bitch and she took his ass to the cleaner. Life is about choices. Choose once. Choose wisely.

Good luck

And I'm sure her ex is thinking it was worth every damn penny to dump her ass

CBS says that the Pentagon needs more contrail watchers...

Who the fuck reported this shit in the first place? CBS.

I could've cared less if it was a missle test, or a jet airliner, or some director doing a fucked up remake of 'October Sky', but this shit has me livid.

It was those dumbasses that started screaming about this shit in the first place, and now they blame it on the military for their fuckup. Didn't they broadcast it that they contacted the Pentagon and they told them that there were NO MISSLE LAUNCHES?

I guess the ghost of Walter Cronkite lives forever through their fucked up yellow journalism.

Sensationalist Retards.

Hello World.

My first post here at 'the hide'... (joined today - been lurking for years)

Let me start by saying a big 'Thank You' to all the vets who have served this country... you are true heroes.

Happy Veteran's Day.

Second... I did not see a place to formally say hello - the rules stated to place any post in the Bear Pit, so in I came.

This post caught my eye; I had looked briefly yesterday at a few 'news' articles about this blatantly obvious missile launch.
I read through it completely and found this to be the most interesting view posed:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In all seriousness, I think it's one huge psychological op to test how the public reacts when we need proof of WMD's n Such for our next international escapade. Its all BlackArmyCIAstuff none of us civvies would ever know anything about. It's better that way. </div></div>

Now, a man much wiser than myself once said:
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"?

Let it be known that I did read the forum rules carefully... no political posts. VERY GOOD RULE.

So here it goes... actually... never mind what I have to say. (by definition I would be posting a political view, right?)

BUT... someone who thinks that what Swan is suggesting is off-base may want to read:

1. "Mass Media: The Tenth Principle of War?" LCDR L. Squire 1995
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/navy/nwc_squire.pdf

2. "Military Operations in the CNN World: Using the Media as a Force Multiplier" Major L. H. Belknap 1996
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA307447&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

3. "Information Operations and Counter Propaganda: Making a Weapon of Public affairs" Col. W. C. Garrison 1999
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA363892&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

4. "The CNN Effect: Strategic Enabler or Operational Risk?" M. H. Belknap 2001
http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/army-usawc/cnn-belknap.pdf

Further reading:
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1748
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1983

BTW (and for the record) - I came here to talk about guns... how you interpret the above information, if you choose to read it, is your deal.

Chances are I don't care what you think - unless, of course, it has to do with guns. And again... Happy Veteran's Day!

I'd hit that. She said the "aliens" worked on her. That's how she got the fake boobs. I live in the O. C. and I see contrails here when the weather cools off all the time. A few weeks before this news story came out, I saw a trail that looked like it was a fast moving rocket heading for downtown L. A. People are crazy.

The principle of Occam's razor says that, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, always assume the simplest answer is the correct one.

No one knows who launched the mystery missile, or from where. No radar detected it in flight. No one knows where it came down.

The contrail from a jet checks all the boxes without resorting to an international conspiracy or divine intervention.

Occam's Razor is often useful. However, my experience has been more aligned with that of H.L. Mencken: "There is always an easy solution to every human problem – neat, plausible, and wrong."

I don't know what it was, but I don't think it matters much.

Radar data clearly shows an airborne object.
Radar data also shows if the airborne object is showing a code (transponder) or not.
Regardless, the track will also show altitude, airspeed and final destination, or area of lost radar coverage if getting a good return.
Why all the big fuss from the FAA and Government. Report what it was and continue on.
Aircraft anomaly observed based on human perception.

It's a bit difficult to admit what it was because that wouldn't go down well in the White House, the Pentagon or Langley. It wasn't the US military or other govt agency. It was almost certainly a Chinese sub sending a very clear message at a time of ongoing diplomacy between the two nations. It is a very smart move on their behalf. Admitting it was foreign is impossible to do in the post 911 era and would seriously undermine the war on terror as the primary focus. It would also demonstrate serious shortfalls in the country's state of preparedness and again that isn't going to be admitted to.

It is absolutely possible for a Chinese sub to get that close to LA which is one of the busiest shipping ports in the world (and next door to one of the navy's busiest too). There is way too much traffic and noise to monitor any such approach unless it is expected or deemed possible. It wasn't.

I don't like to say it but 1:0 to the Chinese (no other international military has the capability outside of Nato or Israel) to mount such a challenge (not even Russia) and certainly has nothing to be gained from doing so.

In the end the only two options open to the authorities is either to hope the story goes away or "admit" it was a US missile even though it wasn't. Obama isn't sitting comfortably on his Asian trip right now !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Radar data clearly shows an airborne object.
Radar data also shows if the airborne object is showing a code (transponder) or not....</div></div>
"The FAA ran radar replays of a large area west of Los Angeles based on media reports of the possible missile launch at approximately 5 p.m. (PT) on Monday. The <span style="font-weight: bold">radar replays did not reveal any fast moving, unidentified targets</span> in that area," said FAA spokesman Ian Gregor. "The <span style="font-weight: bold">FAA did not receive reports ... of unusual sightings from pilots</span> who were flying in the area on Monday afternoon."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/09/california.contrails/index.html?iref=NS1

You guys don't know shit. Those ain't contrails they're CHEMTRAILS. The freaking communists are spraying that shit on us every day to weaken our will and resolve so they can turn this country into Russia.
Better believe it.

but seriously i would like the navy to admit they launched this missle. its kind of bs that no one would admit. because i promise if someone made a missle for a hobby in california and launched it the fucking atf or fbi would be all over it.

trust me im originally from socal i would know.

Well...it was no optical illusion.
Saw it myself on the way home from work. It was defintely not a plane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone on fox news said that someone is claiming it is now an optical illusion, probably an aircraft contrail.

My ass, you can see the larger base from the launch point.

I don't know how you accidentally fire an icbm, they are hard enough to make work when you want them to.

Probably a hidden message to china since there is a visiting party in the muslim world getting ready to talk to the dahli lama... </div></div>

"Well, I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones. You sure you got today's codes?"
- Major T. J. "King" Kong

slim.pickens%2b%2526%2bbomb.jpg

Being from Central Florida and able to watch Launches from Kennedy Space Center my impression from the video I saw is that it was definitely a rocket of some sort. IIRC there was a relatively large plume near the surface and then a contrail as it headed off. Looks just like some of the hundreds of launches I've witnessed in person. What really sold me though, is the bright dot seen at the tip of the contrail. That is definitely the back side of a rocket heading away. Often when they launch from KSC the rockets will take an aggressive easterly turn out over the ocean soon after launch. Looks identical to what we saw the other day off the California coast. If you think it doesn't look to be moving fast enough, that's simply because it's heading away. If you think the bright dot is a reflection off a white jet, look at the position of the sun based on the shadows. There's no way it could be a reflection. IT'S A ROCKET... PERIOD!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being from Central Florida and able to watch Launches from Kennedy Space Center my impression from the video I saw is that it was definitely a rocket of some sort. IIRC there was a relatively large plume near the surface and then a contrail as it headed off. Looks just like some of the hundreds of launches I've witnessed in person. What really sold me though, is the bright dot seen at the tip of the contrail. That is definitely the back side of a rocket heading away. Often when they launch from KSC the rockets will take an aggressive easterly turn out over the ocean soon after launch. Looks identical to what we saw the other day off the California coast. If you think it doesn't look to be moving fast enough, that's simply because it's heading away. If you think the bright dot is a reflection off a white jet, look at the position of the sun based on the shadows. There's no way it could be a reflection. IT'S A ROCKET... PERIOD!</div></div>

Having grown up in Central Florida myself, along with a dad that is obsessed with NASA and photography, I too have seen many launches of many styles of rockets/missiles/ and spacecraft. I even had to opportunity to see this explosion ( 1st picture on the right of the Titan IV-A) in person as I was surfing at the time a mile south of the Cocoa Beach pier.

I fully agree with your experiences.

While I realize it is 2nd hand info, a good friend of mine has a friend that works in the some upper capacity in Naval Intelligence. When the news broke, said friend shot an email off asking his friend. A few days later, he received the reply "We figured it out, see attached". Attached was a picture of Dr. Evil. The email contained no "jk, it was a plane" or anything else to indicate the "official" story is true. They've been friends long enough he would have said it was a plane if it was so. Said friend assumes that was his way of saying "yes, it was a missile" without saying "yes, it was a missile".

I realize sunlight and angles can play tricks on the eye, but if that was a jet contrail, well...that's the weirdest rocket like contrail I've ever seen from a jet.

I've wittnessed the "contrails" of scud test launches in about '93/'94 when they were testing advanced patriot missiles at White Sands. The scuds were to be intercepted by the patriots. The photos from this mystery thing are like that, a lot of plume coming out the back. A plane contrail can look like what is seen further down away from object, but if I saw a plane with that much plume right behind the thing, I'd fear the plane was on fire or exploding. I've never seen a jet engine with a plume 10 or 20 times the size of the plane right on the plane. Rockets and the space shuttle ride large cylendrical plumes like what is seen in the video closeups. Also I've heard it reported that there was a rotatinal element of the exaust right below the object-a lot of ballistic missiles have rotational stabilised flight. I believe the Chinese are sending a message to "Helicopter Bernanke."-"Quit it with all yo funny money!"

Someone in the news said it was a contrail rather than a rocket plume because the amount of stuff in the contrail was a lot less than a rocket plume. I have to mention that airplane contrails are actually quit thick compared to what they used to be. I don't know if its supposed to be some new energy effiecint jet fuel or what but it sure wrecks a sunny day when there's a lot of military traffic during the night! It used to be a plane would fly over and no matter what that contrail would never spread more than quad its origional width. It also wouldn't stay up for more than an hour at most. Now contrails stay up all day and spread out to become a haze! Is this some new earth freindly turbofan fuel the EPA forced everyone to use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....Chuck Norris ejackulating..... </div></div>

Poor whale

It's a bird, it's a plane.... it's....Superman!!!

Well, here's the crux of the biscuit. If anybody but Oswald shot Kennedy, we're never going to find out. If this was anything other than the contrail of a jet, ditto.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ding, ding, ding

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fred_C_Dobbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, here's the crux of the biscuit. If anybody but Oswald shot Kennedy, we're never going to find out. If this was anything other than the contrail of a jet, ditto.</div></div>

What am I going to do with all this aluminum foil now? Bake potatoes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erik S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The less the media tries to figure out the better off we'll be. </div></div>

Really?

Anyone else find it coincidental at least that North Korea showed the ex-head of Los Alamos their newest and suprisingly high tech nuclear processing lab a day or two after this happened?
This looks like the beginings of a serious power play to me...

china wants us to stop devaluing the dollar bill because the less its worth the more of it we need to send them to pay back debt we owe them, the missile thing was a way to tell the powers to be that they (china) arnt f**king around, our money is loosing its value quicker then chine would like it to

Actually BlackUmp, you've got the currency thing wrong. China is devaluing it's OWN currency. Ours is devaluing natuarlly. Essentially China has, for something like 15 or 20 years now, set its currency to the US dollar. For a long time it was 8.27RMB (RenMinBi) to 1 USD but in the last 5 years it has been allowed to fluctuate with the market within a small, tightly controlled window. Why devalue your own currency? It is a VERY shrewd move. Most people figure it is better to have your currency worth more so that you can buy more things. What China did is artificially make it's products cheaper to produce. Sure they can't buy foreign goods cheaply, but they don't want to, they want to spend all their money in their own economy. They essentially created a black hole in the world economy. Any business owner that needs to produce something would be stupid to produce it in their home nation at higher price when they can outsource the production to China where the laborers make less money and therefore make a larger profit. So all the money goes INTO China from these businesses, then when China needs technology, they pull some money together and make a few purchases for the VERY few things they can't produce themselves. They bought an Aircraft Carrier, 50 SU-33 fighters, AWACS aircraft, etc... But that accounts for a very small amount of money in the long run. Hence China can buy TRILLONS of dollars of our debt (a very potent piece of leverage against us).
So, now we have to look at how this is effecting the US. We buy huge amounts of things from China. China buys some airliners from us every decade or so. All the good stuff they want (technology) we won't sell them (unless you are friends with Bill Clinton, then you can apparently sell them Nuke tech). So with the growing trade deficit between the two countries, it is becoming a bigger and bigger problem for the rest of America (obviously not an issue for the companies making money though). So for a while now (the RMB starting to fluctuate in 2005 was a result of this) we have been pressuring China to stop devaluing its currency. This COULD be a result of that, or it could be part of a much bigger power play in the region. Maybe they want to make another grab at Taiwan. Maybe this has to do with the flare ups between China and Japan regarding some of the islands in the Pacific. It could be a lot of things, but I'm positive it was a Chinese missile launch and I find it VERY coincidental that it happened around the same time North Korea flexed some nuclear muscle of its own. No, I'm not a crazy foil hat wearing nut case, I'm just a guy that has spent the last 6 years studying Asia...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WuLitian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually BlackUmp, you've got the currency thing wrong. China is devaluing it's OWN currency. Ours is devaluing natuarlly. Essentially China has, for something like 15 or 20 years now, set its currency to the US dollar. For a long time it was 8.27RMB (RenMinBi) to 1 USD but in the last 5 years it has been allowed to fluctuate with the market within a small, tightly controlled window. Why devalue your own currency? It is a VERY shrewd move. Most people figure it is better to have your currency worth more so that you can buy more things. What China did is artificially make it's products cheaper to produce. Sure they can't buy foreign goods cheaply, but they don't want to, they want to spend all their money in their own economy. They essentially created a black hole in the world economy. Any business owner that needs to produce something would be stupid to produce it in their home nation at higher price when they can outsource the production to China where the laborers make less money and therefore make a larger profit. So all the money goes INTO China from these businesses, then when China needs technology, they pull some money together and make a few purchases for the VERY few things they can't produce themselves. They bought an Aircraft Carrier, 50 SU-33 fighters, AWACS aircraft, etc... But that accounts for a very small amount of money in the long run. Hence China can buy TRILLONS of dollars of our debt (a very potent piece of leverage against us).
So, now we have to look at how this is effecting the US. We buy huge amounts of things from China. China buys some airliners from us every decade or so. All the good stuff they want (technology) we won't sell them (unless you are friends with Bill Clinton, then you can apparently sell them Nuke tech). So with the growing trade deficit between the two countries, it is becoming a bigger and bigger problem for the rest of America (obviously not an issue for the companies making money though). So for a while now (the RMB starting to fluctuate in 2005 was a result of this) we have been pressuring China to stop devaluing its currency. This COULD be a result of that, or it could be part of a much bigger power play in the region. Maybe they want to make another grab at Taiwan. Maybe this has to do with the flare ups between China and Japan regarding some of the islands in the Pacific. It could be a lot of things, but I'm positive it was a Chinese missile launch and I find it VERY coincidental that it happened around the same time North Korea flexed some nuclear muscle of its own. No, I'm not a crazy foil hat wearing nut case, I'm just a guy that has spent the last 6 years studying Asia... </div></div>

Thanks for sharing really interesting.