• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mississippi Open Carry

You had to re-read the 2nd Amendment to see there wasn't anything in there about concealed carry? Sweet Jesus. How many times do you have to read "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." before you grasp there's nothing in there about concealed carry?

Is leaving your car door open more inviting to theft than closing it, even if the door is unlocked? (Answer to those baffled by the question: Yes, leaving the car door open does invite more trouble than shutting it.) Open carry is just like that car door. It's an invitation for trouble. It advertises for trouble. It dares the impulsive to cause trouble.
I believe the entire post string needs to be re printed right here-right now:

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1183 View Post

Police Officers, Law Enforcement Agencies, some members of the Military (SEALs, CAG, etc.), Government certified PSD teams/members and a few others have been thoroughly trained and vetted on carrying an exposed firearm.

The guys I have seen are nothing more than ass clowns who are clueless about what they'are doing. No retention devices on holsters, no situational awareness and no concern whatsoever about the impact they have on the public around them.

Just like putting on a cape doesn't make someone a super hero, an untrained person strapping on an exposed firearm doesn't make ANYONE safer. They're the drunken drivers of gun owners. Just because they haven't killed anyone yet, doesn't mean they're NOT a public hazard.

Concealed carry is there for a reason. Open carry is inviting accidents, injuries and Death.
MY RESPONSE TO YOUR POSTING::::Your post leads me to believe that you think carrying a weapon concealed magically increases the competency of the concealer. Just putting a cape on doesn't make someone a super hero, any more than putting a pistol in your pocket makes you competent, or thoroughly trained and vetted. I was reading the 2nd Adm today, and was unable to find where it stated, the right to keep and keep concealed arms shall not...... How is concealed carry UN inviting accidents? Can you site any actual quality data that supports this position? Have firearms related accident rates increased by those practicing open carry as opposed to those carrying their weapons concealed in the jurisdictions where both are permitted?

Quite frankly if reading comprehension was a requirement for a CCW you wouldn't qualify-please read your own posts!!

It seems that much of this thread has degraded into bickering over the minor details about open carry. I don't really believe anyone here thinks that people's right to carry firearms openly, or concealed should be curtailed. We do have differing opinions about whether open carry, when done to provoke a reaction is the best way to accomplish an agenda.

I also think we all agree that law enforcement, and darned near anyone who carries a firearm would benefit from more training. I have been trainee, competitor, and trainer, and I realize that I will always benefit from the input of a competent trainer. My guess is that even Delta force, and the Seal teams wish they had more training time. All law enforcement agencies I have been exposed to would LOVE to be able to train their personnel more in firearms and many other ares. However they are stuck with budgetary constraints that limit range time, and ammunition. This is the same reality we face on range day, as few of us have unlimited time and ammo to train.

Watching various people with firearms is much like watching other people with drivers licenses. We will all see people who should not be engaged in either activity, and those who REALLY need more training. I use this only as an example as driving an auto is not a constitutionally protected right.

I don't believe anyone here is saying that open carry should be banned. I think most of us support the right to carry, I just wish that some people would use a bit more discretion in where, or how they seek confrontations over open carry. The situational awareness (or lack thereof) that many people carrying firearms show, goes back to how they were trained (or, again a lack of training). Not everyone realizes the importance of proper training. Some people seem to think that the mere possession of a firearm, or auto gives them some semblance of competence with that item.

While we appreciate you mentioning our brand, Fobus Holsters are available with several levels of retention including thumb release that can be ordered with an additional safety. It's available with a belt slide too.

Feel free to look through our online catalog and let us know if you have any questions.

brdb.jpg

Mississippi Open Carry

Yes: That's very much like the one he had on, but it had no retention device. I said 'Fobus-like contraption'. Now I realize that he was indeed wearing a Fobus.

Last edited:
In this video you can see the FOBUS model BRDB Holster with "Hidden" thumb release and optional safety in action.

The beauty of this design is that the thumb release is not easy to spot and is lockable which provides excellent security.

Mississippi Open Carry

So many problems with a technique that forces the draw like that, and which places things between the holster and the body....Bottom line: I don't want anything on my holster that locks. In a civilian context I don't need a hood or locking device, if I want to lock up my gun I have a hard case for that.

That said, I see it as an effective commercial offering for people unwilling to get proper training and those who have not developed the necessary auxiliary skills to be able to openly carry a pistol safely and competently.

Last edited:
When Oklahoma went open carry, some businesses like the bank put up no carry signs. I went to the bank manger. I was polite and very professional when I spoke to her about the sign. I stated "I worked in the area and carry Narcotics, and some cash on me. I also carry a concealed firearm to protect myself due to people knowing I am in possession of this and am a target. I also stated due to her sign, I was now being forced to either brake the Law and carry into her bank anyway or leave my firearm in my vehicle, which is a very bad idea!" Bank Manager stated " OH, I under stand as long as its concealed its OK!" I had to explain to her that the sign made it illegal for me to carry concealed by its wording. I also talked about the business owners who also carry lots of cash and going from her bank to their car they would be unSafe or unable to prevented from protecting themselves due to her sign.
The next time I went to the Bank, the sign said NO Open Carry. Which allows those of us who carry concealed to due so. I was very happy about that fact. What the manger needed was for some one to explain the law to them and how it was affecting there customers. I thing there are some folks who just don't understand, and then the others who are just leftist a$$ clowns.

I think the regrettable factor here is the reality that open carry is partly a bad idea because of how people would react to seeing a gun. It's that people en masse have become so afraid of these things that those who know better must temper their behaviour to accommodate the willfully ignorant.

In regards to Graham's scenario - there's nothing about it that pertains to open carry but rather actions of an obviously angry or disgruntled person who is causing concern by showing his indifference to causing concern. Had the attitude towards guns not become hijacked by the progressives and the status of armed citizens frowned upon by the brass of every major LE chief then I dare say there would be 10 other dads behind the asshole each with their own open carry firearm on their hips and their attention focused keenly on him.

Personally, I wouldn't open carry, I see no profit in advertising that I'm prepared lest those who would have assumed otherwise better prepare themselves in turn. Perhaps it's worth knowing that the 2nd Amendment IS the open carry license of the citizenry against the govt. Crooks and criminals on the street are better left surprised...

On this day I give thanks to all veterans that at least, for now, in the United States we can still have this debate as a reality of our lives and not merely as an abstract concept.