• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Missouri MRMBC match announcement

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
It's go time!

Registration dates for the Midwest Rifle Master Benefit Challenge have been set.

This is a high level, extremely challenging, professional level tactical precision shooting match. This is your chance to put it on the line against the best shooters in the Country. You will be challenged with multiple stages set in natural terrain.

Match dates: April 11-13, 2014.

Located 12 minutes from Camdenton, Missouri on a dedicated shooting facility.

You can expect a Friday evening safety briefing, zero range and dinner (provided) as well as the first stage for score. Saturday will be a full day of shooting and Sunday will have a half day of shooting as well as the awards ceremony. There will be a 50/50 Calcutta Friday night, the winner of which will head home with a pocket full of cash.

Some stages will involve physical activity, shooting in natural terrain, high angle shooting, short range targets, long range targets and lots of challenges.

You will need to bring 200 rounds of rifle ammo and 70 rounds of pistol ammo. You most likely will not need that many, but it is possible.

You will need a scoped, center fire rifle that you are very familiar with, a pistol, extra magazines for both and a method of carrying weapons and gear safely.

Laser rangefinders are permitted, and in fact, encouraged. Some stages will require you to not use them, but most are fair game.
Any pistol will be acceptable. You must have a holster that you can draw and re-holster the pistol during stages. Pistol will need to be carried on your person throughout the entire match. Rifle may be any caliber up to a 30 caliber projectile with a muzzle velocity at or below 3150 fps.

Bring an open mind, able body and mental sharpness...a calculator would be a good idea too.

Now, the good part; proceeds from this match will be split between AmericanSniper.org (ASO) and a fund to help families afford to adopt. ASO is a non profit organization who's mission is to get the necessary gear to the men and women on the front line defending our freedom so they can save lives, complete missions and get home safely. Private adoption is an extremely expensive venture, but nothing could be more rewarding for the children or the families. This is a cause that is very close to our hearts as both of our children are adopted and the most important thing in our lives. These are both great causes that are making a real difference in peoples lives. Match fee will be $225 per competitor. If you are a Rolling Hills RPC Member, the fee will be $175.

Registration will be limited, so don't miss out! We are going to focus on providing a FUN match. There will be stages that you don't get to shoot anywhere else.

Registration will open Monday, January 20th at 10:00 pm CST. If you wish to compete, send an email to [email protected] with your name, T Shirt size and contact information indicating that you wish to compete. Instructions will be forwarded back to the email you used.

If you directed or ROed a match in 2013, you will have a 24 hour head start (my way of saying thanks). If this is you, send the email Sunday, January 19 at 10:00 pm CST. Include the above information and which match you worked or directed.

I am reserving slots for Active Duty Military, current LEOs and sponsors. If this applies to you, let me know in the email.

There are lodging, dining and shopping opportunities in Camdenton. There are a lot more options in Osage Beach, which is an additional 20 or so minutes away...pretty much anything you want.

Prepare yourself, its gonna be good.

If you are interested in ROing or helping with the match, send me an email any time. You will be provided lodging in an amazing lodge, food and drink. You will be able to shoot the entire course of fire and have a great time.

If you are interested in helping or sponsoring, send me an email any time. This a is an opportunity to donate to a wonderful cause, support shooting sports and use a charitable tax deduction. Also, if you want to send representatives and demo products, there will be a large, indoor, secure area for displaying items and prime visual space for banners at the entrance to the facility.

Its getting close. Match Directors and ROs can register tomorrow!

Actually, if you sponsored a match in 2013, you can have the same 24 hour head start!

Specifics:

Match Dates: April 11-13.

Registration: Sunday at 10:00 am for anyone who directed, ROed or sponsored a major match in 2013.

Process: email [email protected] with your name, contact info, match you worked and shirt size.

Be ready to have a hell of a lot of fun.

Mine has been sent. Just an FYI, your original post actually says 10:00 PM not 10:00 AM. Just to be safe I will probably send one at both times.

Email sent. Get your emails in now, don't wait until 10pm tonight.

Yep, go ahead and send em in. The official time is 10 pm, but in my exuberance, I posted in a couple places that it was this morning.

We shouldn't have any problem getting everyone in that sends an email today, either way.

So, get with it!

Yep, go ahead and send em in. The official time is 10 pm, but in my exuberance, I posted in a couple places that it was this morning.

We shouldn't have any problem getting everyone in that sends an email today, either way.

So, get with it!

I really hope I get in this year!!!

I sent mine in at 10:10 am. I can't wait to shoot this one with some friends. Now I just have to get my grendel lined out and collect some d.o.p.e.

I sent mina at 10am... I cannot wait to shoot this again.. What a fun filled match. If you have not shot this and you are shooting it this year, you will not be disappointed. It is a blast. A bunch of great guys putting this on, along with the shooters. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

For those that submitted an email to register for the match:

I will get confirmation emails out within the next couple of days. Everyone that sent one up to this point has a slot. We will be able to handle some more, as well. If you are interested in shooting, send in the email, if you do so soon, you will still get in!

This match is going to be a time machine. We are going back to how these matches started. The targets will be a little bigger, shooters will be allowed and encouraged to help each other out, call corrections, discuss tactics, etc. The focus is going to be on fun. It will still be competitive, of course, but not cut-throat.

I have some very unique stages planned, it is going to good.

If anyone wants to come help, RO, score or just watch some really good shooters, message us or send an email. We appreciate the help and are happy to have anyone come out and check it out.

Last year everybody got a sandy vagina. Half the guys can't load ammo that will shoot when it's wet. I had a great time shooting and camping out though.

I dunno what squad you shot in but I shot my apple during a downpour. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year everybody got a sandy vagina. Half the guys can't load ammo that will shoot when it's wet. I had a great time shooting and camping out though.

You must have been talking to yourself again…..

Can we get some more details on the match? Money was sent this week. Trying to determine what rifle to run.
Thanks
Brandon E

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can we get some more details on the match? Money was sent this week. Trying to determine what rifle to run.
Thanks
Brandon E

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The best rifle will be the one you have the best dope on. Wind will most likely be a factor, but knowing what your rifle does UN any situation will be more important.

It is amazing how many prizes are rolling in! The prize table is going to be great this year. The fifteen shooters who have secured a slot with a check are going to walk out loaded! OK, I am exaggerating a bit, but seriously, if you signed up, please get payment out a s soon as possible. Thanks!

I sent my check in already and the only way I'm going to get something from the prize table is if nobody else pays the entry fee. Hahaha, so I'll be slipping the mail man some cash to misplace the mail till after the match.

I sent mine a few weeks ago. I think I got a mag last year. More than I expected at a charity match. The sponsors are too generous!

Well it doesn't look like I will get any practicing in today. 60 degrees yesterday and rain with sleet today. Got to love Missouri weather.

Check out the Sleep Inn in Camdenton, MO.

Last edited:
I should add that according to Brian, the Sleep Inn will offer a discount to shooters of this match. Make sure to mention the match when making your arrangements.

Threw a gun together last week and collected a little data out to 1000 yards. Still far from being ready but I'm just looking to have a good time and learn something from some real shooters. See you all there.

Josh

Haha don't watch me!

Last year wade and chase put on a clinic!

It was nice to meet you the other day. I can't wait to get out and enjoy some shooting next weekend.

I was at the Rolling hills range yesterday, saw a few folks out getting dope. Man it was a great day, Looks like we may get wet at the comp tho....

Last year was really wet! May turn into a tradition!

If the rain is anything like it was last year, I'm packing my snorkel and periscope attachment.

Weatherman just called for rain early Friday and late day Sunday. We may stay dry.......

Winds picking up through the day Saturday with gusts to 20 mph, steady at 10-15 on Sunday.

Last edited:
seanhaferty, it was great meeting you and giving you a hard time at the mach. It would not have been as interesting me not giving you shit. Was defiantly a great match. Hopefully the rain holds off for tomorrow.