• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

Re: MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MK12 MOD-BLK???
P1010272_WEB.jpg

Figured you guys might appreciate this.
- Upper:
LAR Forged A3 Upper Receiver
Tear Drop Forward Assist
LWRC dust cover with black spring
LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier
LMT Enhanced Bolt
LWRC Advanced Cam Pin
PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
Noveske 10" 300 BLK Barrel
PRI Gen 3 Tube
A.R.M.S. #38 SPR MOD Sleeve
A.R.M.S. #40 flip up rear sight
A.R.M.S. #22 Rings with TRR and TRC
Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T M3 Front Focal Riflescope, TMR Reticle
Tango Down ACB-4 Bipod

- Lower:
LAR Forged Lower (Form1 Registered SBR)
Falcon Ergo Ambi Grip
RRA 2 Stage LPK
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
CQD Rear Sling Mount
LWRC Buffer Tube( with increased drainage capacity for maritime operations)
LWRC CS Action (Buffer) Spring
DPMS H2 Buffer
LMT SOPMOD Stock

Rifle is MOA accurate with Subsonic 220 grain SMKs out to 300 yards.
(Not enough elevation to get any further out.) </div></div>

SCHWING!

Added a surefire M300A for the time being till i find a good deal on the 600c. Got the 12th model brake and collar just debating whether to put it on myself or let my smith do it.

381207_2434662467693_1285620147_31975944_689372016_n.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Added a surefire M300A for the time being till i find a good deal on the 600c. Got the 12th model brake and collar just debating whether to put it on myself or let my smith do it.

381207_2434662467693_1285620147_31975944_689372016_n.jpg
</div></div>

did your mag release fall out?

Haha no it's just the way the sun is hitting it I guess. I can see where it looks like a hole is there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neal0124</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see if this works.

IMG_0954.jpg

</div></div>

Are you running a 16" barrel? If so, did you have to cut the diameter down to fit the Ops Inc. Collar? Or, did you buy the 16" already made for it? </div></div>

It's an 18" superior barrels barrel and it is cut specifically for the ops inc brake and collar. This one.

http://www.shop.superiorbarrels.com/product.sc?productId=58&categoryId=3

It's not a Mod 0 (that one is in progress!) but its a Mk12!

3jan20128.jpg

It's a Centurion Arms Mk12 Mod1 Upper that I am slowly creating into an accurate clone, just a few more parts to go!

I also located a source for the TAS-1 Slings that were issued with these but I do not know if I can post a link to them here or not, I don't think they are a site sponsor...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neal0124</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see if this works.

IMG_0954.jpg

</div></div>

How did you fit the Magpul AFG with the bipod on the forearm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy attachments batman</div></div>

I was thinking the same haha.

AFSOCsp, how much does that thing weigh?

LOL, not that much, most of the weight is the suppressor, the otter box and mount adds only a few ozs. All in all handles really well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neal0124</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see if this works.

IMG_0954.jpg

</div></div>

How did you fit the Magpul AFG with the bipod on the forearm? </div></div>

It's easy. There is plenty of room for the afg, although I did trim some of the afg so that it would slide further down the pri tube and go past the base/barrel nut area. If you look closer there is about 1" between the front of the afg and the rear of the pod lock lever.

ok, so I know this question may have been asked a lot, but where can I get a ARMS #38 PEQ2 sleeve for building a Mod 0.

Is the the same thing?
A.R.M.S. #38S-EX Swan Sleeve with Flip Up Rear Sight for AR-15

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jd111404</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, so I know this question may have been asked a lot, but where can I get a ARMS #38 PEQ2 sleeve for building a Mod 0.

Is the the same thing?
A.R.M.S. #38S-EX Swan Sleeve with Flip Up Rear Sight for AR-15

</div></div>

Not the same thing. The A.R.M.S. PEQ sleeve is out of production, and you have to find one on the used market. It will be expensive.

PRI now makes a substitute, which is what I used:
http://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186825&CAT=4209

The biggest difference is the lack of A.R.M.S. branding on the side.

I'm actually looking at getting my first MK12 MOD 1. I figured the upper I could get from highcaliber sales but I'm still up in the air for the lower and the glass. I'd ideally want to spend less than $1000 on the glass but I also know you get what you pay for. Decisions ugh lol

P1010138-1.jpg
P1010112-1.jpg
Here is my beater, and what is left of the truck I was shooting across the hood on. Hit black ice and rolled 6 times.

Who's a good smith/armorer that can assemble one with the parts I supply? I just stared the long journey to getting all the parts.

I heard the guys at High Caliber will assemble for you for a fee.
If you don't have all the parts they will complete the list and adjust the price accordingly for the parts you supply.

Please keep in mind, I have not talked to them about this, I was told this by a 3rd party - so take it for what its worth.

Give em a ring all they could say is no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .308 USER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who's a good smith/armorer that can assemble one with the parts I supply? I just stared the long journey to getting all the parts. </div></div>

Judging by the thread on ARFCOM, Adco Firearms assembles a bunch of Mk12 clones for people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Judging by the thread on ARFCOM, Adcom Firearms assembles a bunch of Mk12 clones for people.</div></div>

judging by the threads on ARFCOM I should live in my parents basement and circle jerk with my friends, jus sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Judging by the thread on ARFCOM, Adcom Firearms assembles a bunch of Mk12 clones for people.</div></div>

judging by the threads on ARFCOM I should live in my parents basement and circle jerk with my friends, jus sayin </div></div>

FWIW I've had good luck with Adco (sorry, mispelled earlier), have bought stuff from them, and have had them taper pin a gas block for me.

My Mod 1, upper built by High Caliber Sales, receiver set from the Snipers Hide JD Machine Tech group buy, NF 2.5-10x32 scope, top shelf goodies throughout...also have the Ops Inc 12th Model can in the safe at home; it came after the pic.

mk1203.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Mod 1, upper built by High Caliber Sales, receiver set from the Snipers Hide JD Machine Tech group buy, NF 2.5-10x32 scope, top shelf goodies throughout...also have the Ops Inc 12th Model can in the safe at home; it came after the pic.

mk1203.jpg
</div></div>

I'll take 4 please! lol

My Mod 1, the upper is from Monty @ Centurion Arms.
Unfortunately no can allowed in CA
frown.gif

1-1.jpg

9e3590db.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic, lighting sucks in here and it still gets dark pretty early.

I've got a mod 0 as well but I decided to rebuild it after some problems and don't have it finished up yet. Need to get a top rail from PRI still.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really like how that pic was done dogman</div></div>

Thanks...actually, the source photo was not that great. The light was poor and I did a quickie pic instead of setting up a proper shot, so I just went crazy on toning and contrast in Photoshop to grunge it up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Mod 1, upper built by High Caliber Sales, receiver set from the Snipers Hide JD Machine Tech group buy, NF 2.5-10x32 scope, top shelf goodies throughout...also have the Ops Inc 12th Model can in the safe at home; it came after the pic.

mk1203.jpg
</div></div>Dogman, you or whoever took this has some serious skill and a nice camera and a badass gun. A work of art in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Norseman1950</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm usually not one for posting images but thought you guys might like to see this one.

Cheers.

[img:center]
MK12Mod0001.jpg
[/img]
[img:center]
MK12Mod0002.jpg
[/img] [img:center]
MK12Mod0003.jpg
[/img] </div></div>

That is a beautifully well worn pride machine!!

Finally have my upper all complete. Now the long wait for funding for everything else. Dang you Mod 0's, why are you so addicting.

IMG_0864.jpg

Here is mine. Again, not a perfect clone but has some mods that I prefer...by-the-way, you know your weapon always shoots better if you kyrlon it
whistle.gif
...just say'in!

569359f5.jpg

fdf7c2e1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target07</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine. Again, not a perfect clone but has some mods that I prefer...by-the-way, you know your weapon always shoots better if you kyrlon it
whistle.gif
...just say'in! </div></div>

oh yeah, after mine is complete, the next thing its getting is a krylon job.

IMAG0052-1-1.jpg

BCM mk12 mod 0 Upper
Noveske lower
Leupold LRT 4.5-14x50
ARMS 22M
ARMS 40L
PRI SPR PEQ rail
JP trigger
B5 SOPMOD stock
Tac16 suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wanting to take my PRS stock off and run an A1. I dont want to get a beat up stock, where is the best quality A1 stocks availible? Are the new A1s from Fulton good reproductions? </div></div>

I got an original A1 off the Equipment Exchange on AR15.com. It was in pretty good shape. Complete with metal trapdoor and all. That's where I'd look first.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wanting to take my PRS stock off and run an A1. I dont want to get a beat up stock, where is the best quality A1 stocks availible? Are the new A1s from Fulton good reproductions? </div></div>

I got mine from Apex Gun Parts: https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/49/products_id/1364

When it arrived, it was just as they described it -- in as like-new condition as you could fairly expect for something that's 30+ years old.