• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

As pointed out, Magpul UBR with MagPul Strike Plate Cerakoted and a Modular Driven Technologies adjustable recoil pad with base and hardware cerakoted too.

Love the Mod 0's, thanks for the great pics. It's been tempting for a while to build a 100% spec build, since I already have the most expensive part (the lower.) Maybe one of these days...

MK12 Recce
High Caliber Sales Recce upper
16” Douglas stainless barrel 1:7 twist with OPS INC collar and brake
Knights URX 3.1 rail
Larue LT706 Harris Bipod QD mount combo 9”-13”
Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10X44 FFP EBR-1 MRAD reticle
Larue SPR-S scope mount
LMT Lower
LMT Ergo grip
Bravo Enhanced SOPMOD stock
Battleline Indutries SAPR
Geissele trigger
Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor
Magpul Flat Dark Earth cerakote by Jon Addis at Area 419 Firearms
o580gh.jpg

Last edited:
MK12 Recce
High Caliber Sales Recce upper
16” Douglas stainless barrel 1:7 twist with OPS INC collar and brake
Knights URX 3.1 rail
Larue LT706 Harris Bipod QD mount combo 9”-13”
Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10X44 FFP EBR-1 MRAD reticle
Larue SPR-S scope mount
LMT Lower
LMT Ergo grip
Bravo Enhanced SOPMOD stock
Battleline Indutries SAPR
Geissele trigger
Waiting on ATF approval for my Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor
Magpul Flat Dark Earth cerakote by Jon Addis at Area 419 Firearms
2v8fjo5.jpg
I completely forgot about the S.A.P.R. Looks like I have another thing to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my recent mk12 Mod 0 build.
HCS Douglas Barrel
PRI handguards
Legit Arms Swan Sleeve
Arms 40 BUIS
Arms 22 M rings
Night Force NXS 2-10x32 npr1 ret
Aim Point T1 45 degree Larue
BCM Upper
Colt BCG
PRI Gasbuster
Pri Gas block
Ops break and collar, Can pending
Larue riser on a CTR
Sierra Precision Grip
JP captured Buffer, deff worth the price
PEq15A
Atlas bipod and mono
Geissle Super semi Enhanced trigger
Battle arms selector and take down pins

I would go spec A2 stock or a B5 sopmod but the cheek weld with this CTR Larue risr is so perfect for me I dont mind breaking a few rules.

I completely forgot about the S.A.P.R. Looks like I have another thing to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one and sold it. It's solid but its lacking real adjustment in regards to positioning the cheek piece and it ended up making my Mk12Mod1 very unbalanced.

I have the SAPR on my rifle, I've found that I don't seem to need it if I'm running the NXS, but with the MK6, it does come in very handy, although I've found myself not not fully extendingvthe stock. Its real handy but when I set the rifle up for the kids.

Im building a mod 0 this week and i guess im going to use a temp gen 3 handguard . I have a pre mod 0 thumbwheel sight and arms rail but still need to find a gen 1 or 2 handguard to make it exactly like i want it

The gen3 handguard is ok for a spec build, as long as you match the right swan sleeve to it... you won't be able to use it temporarily unless your rail is gen3 compatible, as the retaining nut is much larger on gen3.

Im using a pri rail with it . I have an arms for when i find a gen1-2 i know the differences

not everyone does, no need to be snippy... ultimately this is an informational thread for those wishing to clone a mk12, so it bears repeating when the topic comes up- whether or not the poster himself is aware the parts changed. Many mk12 lovers have not been fortunate enough to track down the SPR A/B pattern rails, etc. and are unaware of rail fitment problems, etc. There just are not that many old rails in existence!

I for one think it is excellent that you are building with the early SPR spec parts, as they are quite rare and very "eclectic". Please post some pictures!

I read over on the Mk12 thread on ar15.com that PRI was going to make some more gen 1 or 2 rails for the clone crowd. But don't anyone hold their breath.

Sorry didnt mean it that way . ill throw a picture up as it sits now sorry its an ipad pic. Ive seen them with both mod and the peq rails i like the mod version a little better. It makes running an clip on a little easier.

Its more of an spr mod 0.5 gun

Now i just need the nightforce 2.5-10 or a leupold 112633 2.5-8 and krylon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
About to jump into a non spec mk12( DD MK12 ) I know i am a blasphemer! Would you guys run something like a VCOG with 77gr reticle on your mk 12's?

About to jump into a non spec mk12( DD MK12 ) I know i am a blasphemer! Would you guys run something like a VCOG with 77gr reticle on your mk 12's?
For strictly banging IPSC sized steel, sure. Otherwise, not me. I would also run a NF 2.5-10 with a velocity reticle before the VCOG on a MK12 "Mod whatever" if BDC speed is what I was looking for, but still capable of fine tuning for conditions. I don't believe SPRs don't need 1x on the bottom end, but they do very well with 10x on the top end. I speak from running a CQBSS on mine for a while and finding a MK12 is too cumbersome to be efficient in close in work, especially when I have a few light carbines already. You being in SOCAL I doubt you'll be doing many hammer pair drills, so I would certainly opt for more magnification instead of 1x and throw an angle/scope mounted red dot or irons if I was really wanting that close range speed and accuracy.

For strictly banging IPSC sized steel, sure. Otherwise, not me. I would also run a NF 2.5-10 with a velocity reticle before the VCOG on a MK12 "Mod whatever" if BDC speed is what I was looking for, but still capable of fine tuning for conditions. I don't believe SPRs don't need 1x on the bottom end, but they do very well with 10x on the top end. I speak from running a CQBSS on mine for a while and finding a MK12 is too cumbersome to be efficient in close in work, especially when I have a few light carbines already. You being in SOCAL I doubt you'll be doing many hammer pair drills, so I would certainly opt for more magnification instead of 1x and throw an angle/scope mounted red dot or irons if I was really wanting that close range speed and accuracy.

Thanks for the reply. So at that rate how about something like an s&b 10x42 with a t1 vs an nf 2.5-10x42 and surefire rts

Thanks for the reply. So at that rate how about something like an s&b 10x42 with a t1 vs an nf 2.5-10x42 and surefire rts
I would still go with the variable for the larger FOV when necessary. I've done a lot of fixed 10x rapid precision shooting inside 100yds and it sucks. The ability to pick up a target on 3-5x while still rapidly identifying and aiming pays dividends on the clock and efficiency of engagement. The 10x starts paying off around 200yds and you can leave it there for beyond that distance, but I can't tell you how many times I wished the Unertl was a variable going through one course in particular.

I was finally able to score a 2.5-10x24 for my Mod 1, replacing the 2.5-8x Leupold I have on it now next run home. 8x just didn't do it for me when trying to stretch the legs. Maybe I should have opted for the x32 or x42 for function, but it's a MK12 dammit and I had the opportunity!

I'm running a 3-9 leupold patrol on mine, in adm scout mount. Works great, and I can ditch it for irons with the flip of a lever.

I will change it when I get a good deal on a march 1-10, or a USO.

Last edited:
It's a mod 1 does it count for this thread? Upper and optics/Rings are from Monty at CA.

5z0br4.jpg

This thread is great. I will definitely acquire a Mod 0 when I get home from deployment.