• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MOA base for Rem 541T

ltfirehunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Rock Spring Georgia
I have a Rem 541T and I am trying to find a 20 MOA base to go on this rifle.
I currnently have a Leupold 1 piece base on it now with 1 inch rings and looking to maybe changing to a scope with a 30mm tube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: MOA base for Rem 541T

Ummmmmm,

541T's were never manufactured with holes for a scope base. You need to figure out what kind of base you have mounted to it and look for a 20 MOA to match that.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Rem 541T and I am trying to find a 20 MOA base to go on this rifle.
I currnently have a Leupold 1 piece base on it now with 1 inch rings and looking to maybe changing to a scope with a 30mm tube.

Any help would be greatly appreciated </div></div>

Or you could buy Burris Signature Rings with the plastic inserts which will fit standard Leupold/Redfield turn in bases. In the 1" variety you can cant 5 moa, or 10 moa, or 20 moa from the rings with zero MOA bases.

Burris Signature Rings also come in 30MM sizes that would fit your current bases., Also there are Burris Signature Zee Rings for Weaver style/1913 bases in both 1" and 30mm sizes.

See linkee: Burris Signature Rings

They may not be heavy duty "tactical cool", but they do work for light to medium duty applications. Which all means since your Rem 541T is not a "heavy duty" tactical rifle, they would be a good match.

Bob

Sorry for a little confusion here..
The bases are 2 piece Redfield with rear windage adj. I have had these on a long time and forgot they was Redfields. They look identical to the Leupys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for a little confusion here..
The bases are 2 piece Redfield with rear windage adj. I have had these on a long time and forgot they was Redfields. They look identical to the Leupys. </div></div>

ltfirehunter,

It does not matter. Leupold, Redfiled, Burris, turn in bases w/rear windage adj screws are all the same, same. The regular Burris Signature Rings (not the Signature Zee Rings) will fit the Redfield bases just fine.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Rem 541T and I am trying to find a 20 MOA base to go on this rifle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated </div></div>

That's a great question you asked thanks !!!
same problem I have with mine
I have signature rings I'll have to give um a try
it would be nice to try a different type of base and ring set up
not knocking the signature's at all just wanted different options
541-T one of the funnest guns I have to practice with for sure

At my range I'll shoot it at 200 300 and 400 at clays placed on a berm to see my hits and I have to turn my power way down and use good ole hold over...not enough elevation to shoot that far

vprtoad,

Warne makes Weaver style two piece bases for the 541T. I use the same style bases on a Kimber HS 22lr. I have a Falcon 10x42MM mounted in Burris 30mm Signature Zee Rings w/10moa insert to give the cant need.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">vprtoad,

Warne makes Weaver style two piece bases for the 541T. I use the same style bases on a Kimber HS 22lr. I have a Falcon 10x42MM mounted in Burris 30mm Signature Zee Rings w/10moa insert to give the cant need.

Bob </div></div>

right now I have 1" weaver style bases ( I think )
thanks for the info on the Warne bases

being able to dial would be a pleasure to shoot this thing longrange on a more repeatable basis
thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we now getting serious?.......LOL

Eddie </div></div>

Uhhh......I'm glad you LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tansinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are we now getting serious?.......LOL

Eddie </div></div>

Oh yeah,

Time to make it a little better.
Gonna do a little trigger work to get er down where it needs to be.
Under a 1lb.

And I opened up the barrel channel on the stock.
Groups are a little bit better.

Are you gonna shoot 600 tomorrow?